1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offensive Game Plan.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Nov 9, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Ok so injuries are the key problem and with that said we are facing a very good front 7. I think we need to get the ball out quick. I don't know or care why we are struggling getting the ball downfield I just think Fitch and MR need to get on the same page this week or we are doomed. Been a lot of talk about the bubble screen......lets use it. I know Samuels will be in but I am pretty sure they will be keeping an eye on him since he was like targeted 13 times or something last week. Quick slant, man the first play of the game last week was one of them and it was good. Take a few deep shots to keep them safeties back off the LOS. Use a 2 back set with Samuels as a decoy and whoever we have healthy on a delay draw. Mason needs to be on target early, he can't get off to a slow start. If he get of to a good start the confidence alone could put this offense in high gear.

I still feel we have a very good group of WR's in Juju, DJ and JW. Let's get the ball in thier hands and let them make the plays. A little misdirection or even roll MR out away from Donald could give him a little more time. Fitch time to should you are not riding Ben's coat tails and prove you know how to call a game.........Let's go!!!!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::herewego::herewego::steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Key to whole post is get the ball out quick. Only way Mason won't spend Sunday afternoon on his ass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We're doomed.

Fichtner is the anti-christ.

No wonder we can't move the ball on offense. Randy has poor MR so confused and gun-shy that he'll never throw over 5 yards.

Read the article...Fuchtner is emphasizing "net punt" for the focus of the offense. That's where MR is getting his tentativeness from. It's coming from his coach. Fucht has got in his head instead of letting the kid do what he did in college and what he was drafted to do.

:facepalm::facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If they don't turn the ball over, chew up clock with over 250 yards offense and use challenges wisely then they have a chance. Game will be won by the defense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think our offense will score only 10 points on their own against the Rams. If the defense sets up 10 more points and the defense has a good day overall, I`m thinking we can win a 20-17 game in a best case scenario.

However, I think the odds are against us winning this one. We don`t play these guys that often. Maybe we will get lucky on a matchup or two and win or maybe we lose convincingly. Their defense might shut us down, maybe not, tough to figure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Use challenges wisely? You mean hiding that piece of cloth from Tomlin so he has nothing to throw?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    @HeinzMustard

What do you disagree with? That we're doomed? Fichtner is the anti-christ? That we have an anemic offense? That Fichtner said what he said to MR in that article? Facepalming? Just slapping a disagreement on a post with a number of points is really lazy.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    In keeping with the thread title......I just hope they have an offensive game plan. Possibly they've just been sandbagging most of the season waiting to unleash Holy Hell O in this game? The key as many have stated, will be the D. After all, the Pats could have beat the Lambs with 2 safeties in the last SB. :hmm:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Beat me to that article steeldeal!! Darn it! Thanks though for posting this steel!

Agree with Alex's take. Hit the nail on the head with this one and, while not definitive, adds more fuel to the fire about the trust between Randy and Mason. Those comments themselves were disturbing.

What makes those comments even worse is the conservative play calling these past couple of weeks. I believe the Indy game though is now the breaking point. That said, Randy HAS to give Mason a chance.

The best teacher in the NFL is experience. Let Mason learn from his mistakes. Besides, Receivers have to help Mason just as much as Mason needs to help himself. He cannot do it alone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are not doomed vs. Rams. A Los Angeles team on the road vs. Steelers at Heinz Field? HA! Bengals, Browns and Jets are who we should worry about. Popcorn will have the troops ready vs. Rams. Wouldn't surprise me if Rudolph, who you have no confidence in, throws for at least 3 TDs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Bengals?! We already beat them though.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey NY.

What little I have seen from the roll-out, it has not been very good. Given that, It is only one option and I am not at all saying abandon it. However, we need it to be effective to justify it. I still want 2-TE sets to find Vance and Vannett on some seam routes. If we are going to play "small-ball" use the 2 TEs and Samuels. All three can catch. Maybe use this formation with just 1 WR (maybe none) to mix it up.

At this point the "O" calling is stale and predictable. However, we are winning but the currently-used formula is only going to last for so long. And like you said we need those "Shots" down the field to keep things honest. Hopefully, with some completions or even some PI calls at the the very least. We have to get the "D" back pedaling not the other way around. STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Huh? This newfound optimism by you is out of character. What happened to the doom and gloom? New meds? New girlfriend? Inherited a huge chunk of money? LOL.

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No. I predicted the Steelers would defeat the Rams back in April when the schedule first arrived. And this was with Roethlisberger at QB. My prediction of 7-9 is not going to hold up... thanks to Rudolph and improved D.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay, first I didn't mean we were doomed against the rams. I was saying that the season is doomed because Fichnter is pulling hard on the reigns of the entire offense, not just MR.

And you must have me confused with someone else because I have NEVER said I have no confidence in MR. Not even close.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I have not seen a roll out at least a designed one. I have seen MR run for his life but not roll out from the get go. I am not saying it needs to be used a lot but like the bubble screen, quick slant, TE usage the roll out should be added to help MR and the line.

19. Eric Eaton

Eric Eaton New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Hello everyone, new to the board today and excited to follow. I have rooted for the Steelers the last 2 seasons mostly due to my Oklahoma State connection. I am excited each Sunday to watch and root for the gold and black. Full honesty I am also a Broncos fan, tough right now. On the quote about Fichtner. I have thought this all season long with how the game plan has been with MR. Watching MR in college every weekend was exciting and rarely did we have that many short dump passes. I don't understand why the play book hasn't been opened up more or just allowing MR and his receivers to go out and do what they want to do. Good luck today and I enjoy reading all the posts.

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome lol

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We will beat the rams but Donald will get a sack or 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Pretty good observations. I do not get to watch the games, mostly listen or follow the stream. Perhaps I am wrong, but do we even use a 2 TE set? I just don't get it if we don't. Most of the success for the young QB's has come from this type of package. I am not comparing MR with the others (or our TE's either), but with Nix out, the O line not producing, it just seems plausible our TE's could hold the key to a better ground game and short passing game, opening up some lanes for the wr's.

• Like Like x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    honestly I am not to sure how often we use 2 TE sets. I do know we bring in Banner a lot. I do agree the 2 TE set could be key in both rushing and passing games.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This game will need Johnson and JW to step up, if Ramsey covers JuJu I expect him to be a nonfactor. I predict Holton catches his first pass of the season, a long pass for a TD. Also another game where Samuels probably catches 10 or more passes.

• Like Like x 2
  25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Juju hasn’t been a big factor for the most part lol. As usual others need to step up.

juju to team mates “you guys gotta eat, they are focusing on me”

or something like that lol