1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dez Bryant?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 8, 2019.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I love doing these threads, so...

Dez Bryant is on the comeback trail and looks to reach out to teams in the next few weeks (source); would you take a chance on him?

I sure as hell would. There's a ton of risk there, but a healthy and explosive Bryant (again, big if) would be huge for Pittsburgh. Hell, he's a Red Zone threat if anything.

You can't tell me JuJu-Bryant-Johnson doesn't at least sound good.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd rather have Martavis back...…….

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, saw that he will be looking to sign with teams in a couple weeks.

They should be kicking the tires on anyone really. He'd make a good RZ target for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Yes!!!!

It can not hurt one bit. I have never heard anything negative about him. He probably has some juice left in the tank. If he is even somewhat of the player that he use to be, I feel that defenses would have to account for him, thus taking some overall pressure off of our WR corp. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I would take him, but i would take anyone tbh lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This again? God knows how many times this has been brought up before. NO. There is a reason he isn't on anyone's roster right now.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Defenses need to account for a WR who hasn't played in over 2 years, and had a achilles injury last year. Dez also sucked his last season with Dallas, he couldn't get open and he dropped passes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah because he ruptured his achilles and has been rehabbing the last year.

Saints signed him last season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Why wouldn't the Saints kept him on IR or in some other status if he was such a high contributor and so valuable? Maybe they feel they can live without him, just like me. IMO, having him won't change how we end up this year as we have other issues of higher priority to deal with right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL come on man.

Higher priority? We have 3 receivers, 2 really, Washington needs to put several games together like last week to feel comfortable saying we have 3 receivers.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Heysteelersrule6.

Yeah, that is a tough injury too come back from I am sure. I think I partially tore mine in college running track. They never did an MRI to confirm it though. I did not watch a lot of Dez just knew he was good when at full-strength. Just saying, it would not hurt to see where his body and mind are at in this current moment. Maybe he would pleasantly surprise some. If he was totally washed up, one would think that someone in his circle would let him know.

Then again, most athletes think that they can play forever (i.e. Franco, Troy, Harrison, etc.) You probably know the saying: "The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak". Maybe DEZ is there. Anyway, given the state of affairs of our WR corp, I just do not see the harm in bringing in a proven and veteran WR for a showcase. STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm flattered, but I'm spoken for. Sorry :cool:

But yeah, I'd give Dez a shot.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am all for trying anything at this point but I am still confident in the 3 guys we have now. Washington is coming off a good game and him and MR need to build on that. I am not sure why some are so down on Washington but so high on DJ, both need to pick it up. DJ has 26 rec for 299 yds and 3 TD's while JW has 14 rec for 230 yds and 0 TD's. Them numbers are fairly comparable imo.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Who's goinna chuck him the rock? The WR's have been MIAs. Who's to blame? :shrug:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No idea what Dez would be like after so much time out of the game but he is a proven Redzone threat and if he was willing to play on a cheap low risk contract I’d have no objection to the Steelers bringing him in. Hilton and Swizer are non factors in the passing game and DJ and JW are not a consistent deep threat.

He might have other offers though and I’m not sure he would want to come to a team with what is essentially a rookie QB

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It cant hurt... I don't think he adds anything to the team either though. We have 2 WR's basically wasting their spots on the 53 right now so idk.

18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm spoken for also, but I am open to new experiences!

19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Yikes!!

20. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    We have offensive line regressing and can't open the running game along with injuries, injuries on DL, very thin on running backs, defense still leave recievers open over the middle, can't cover TE's, OC issues, etc. etc. The reason I consider these higher priorities is for this simple reason. Lets say we get Bryant on this team, what are you going to do with him, send him out on 10 yard out patterns. This board is riddled with complaints about the play calling. MR is having issue throwing down field so I'd rather engage the TE's more that hav another WR that may get very few of the passes he wants. I could understand if Ben was around who could take advantage of another good receiver, but not with MR and our OC calling the plays right now.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There are quite a lot of named wrs just sitting out there that could give us better then what we have. Why not do some looking? Not just dez. :cool:

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Name one?

24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Crabtree, Benjamin, Garcon, Matthews, Ellington......all better than Holton, jmo

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Mac.

Yeah, I just do not get it. I know that we are not there with the day to day operations of the team. However, how hard is it to bring in a player for a few hours and see where his body and mind are at. Low risk high reward knowing that we do need another proven WR to help ou.t STEELWINDS