1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pretty shocked that the Patriots didn't have the answer.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I thoroughly expected the Patriots to expose Jackson. I expected it to come down to the Pats D stopping Jackson from running and forcing him to throw and Jackson throwing 3 picks.

I still think Jackson is a one trick pony and will soon be figured out; maybe it's up to us?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NE struggles with rushing QB's and Jackson is one of the best the NFL has ever seen. I think only a couple of RB's have more yardage than Jackson, he's pretty amazing. I wasn't a fan of his at all when he came out but he's won me over.

Still not a great passer but has improved upon last season. He's a handful.

As much as it sucked that they stayed 2 games ahead of us, I thoroughly enjoyed the beat down they gave the Pats. Seeing Brady on the sideline stewing was priceless, I think he actually thought they'd go undefeated :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm shocked the Steelers D put up more of a fight than the vaunted Patriots D vs. Ravens offense. Pats D had all of the media hype going into that game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers defense has done better than anybody against Lamar Jackson this season, thus far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    They'll have the answer in the playoffs. I'm sure the Pats figure it out after yesterday's game film. The Ravens are blah blah blah.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    There is no question that he is one talented SOB but his talent isn't at QB and just like Vick, RG III, Capturedick, and the others, he will soon be figured out and the Ravens will have invested their future poorly!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I saw Jackson make a couple throws yesterday that made me afraid of what he may become. Dealing with him for years is going to be frustrating.

8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I heard about this. Disappointing news.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    For a good part of yesterdays game the NE DL was being pushed off the LOS by a superior OL of the Ravens, its hard to scheme around being pushed off the ball. The Ravens have matched up better against NE then we have, but the Steelers might match up better against the Ravens then NE does.

I don't like either team but could not bring myself to pull for NE, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them get beaten down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Interesting statement.

Not the aspect of New England putting up a fight. Pittsburgh's doing so I mean. As I told you in another thread, by today's standard's, Pittsburgh's defense is great.

Our defense gave our offense every oppurtunity to win against Baltimore. Poor play calling and woeful execution turned out to be our undoing that day. In comparison and again, as I have stated to you, the so called "New Era 1985 Bears" got the breaks beat off of them.

In short?! Context needs to be accounted for here. Rival or not, this Steelers Defense has been great since the team acquired Minkah. The offensive play calling and execution have to continue to get better. This past Sunday was a very minute step. Those mini steps have to turn into steps soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Honestly speaking, I did not believe that much in New England's defense coming into that game anyway. How many good offenses have they played again?!?! For that matter, had Buffalo had Josh Allen in that game, New England is looking at 6-2 right now.

New England's performance against Lamar is just a foreshadowing of what is to come. To beat New England's defense, pound the rock. The Eagles and Cowboys have the Offensive Line and Running Backs to do so. This is not even accouting for the return of Patrick Mahomes with Kansas City's improved defense either.

In short?! As me and @SteelerGlenn stated after the Ravens loss, this season is far from written for the Steelers. On any given Sunday will be paramount for every playoff team from here on out. Same goes for the Ravens as I still believe this division is there for the taking.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I keep hearing they'll figure him out. They contained him from running and he still beat them with his arm. What's left to figure out? I think you're scared sh*tless the Rats probably have another franchise QB is more like it. I'm not happy about it either but this is where we are.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Patriots were more focused on their flights for Bye week vacations.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep. We have our franchise guy too but he just needs about 50 more games to get ready lol

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    If you remember the other so-called greats like Vick and RG III it took nearly a full season for teams to figure them out. It seems you have to play them a second time to expose them.

Time will tell, and I am not scared of Jackson in the least because I believe he will be exposed.........I hope I'm right.:smiley1:

17. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    If they meet again in the playoffs, which isnt unlikely, my money is on the Pats. They aren't going to give ole Bill trouble twice.

18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    You mean college games, right?

He's a true freshman now I take it?

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Adding M. Brown to that team has made them that much more dynamic. (he's a real player) Time will tell if he stays that way after his rookie season.

You have to be able to match up with their O-line to have a chance. NE was getting blown off the ball on both sides in that game.

Building your team around Jacksons style is a two way gamble. You have to hope that if he goes down, you have the running game to allow the defense to stay fresh and win some games. No other QB you put back there is going to be the threat he is to run.

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Make the Raisins throw the ball and they are in trouble.

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Baltimore came out and punched Brady and the boys in the face, and they had no answer. Just like AQL stated, yes, the Cheats were undefeated and their defense was putting up some pretty impressive stats, but they beat no one. I know I'll get harpooned for saying this, but sooner rather than later, The Cheatriot dynasty is going to crumble.

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    It was always built on that defense. They always had a play called that put a man right where he needed to be when the game was on the line. When you take that away and have them playing catch-up, by tendency breaking, you get what you saw there. Problem is, teams tend to out think themselves when they play them twice and fall right back into the trap.

Yes Brady somehow magically hits a wide open guy on a key drive as well, but the key is, most times the guy is wide open!

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Ravens can play POWER FOOTBALL.
    They will be a tough out for anybody.

• Agree Agree x 1