1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets make this perfectly clear!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steeler dane, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Thi is by far Tomlins best year of coaching. I get it alot of people on this forum hate Tomlin and will refuse to give him any credit what so ever but hear me out.

I truly believe this is his best job of coaching, started the season 1-3 lost his Hall of fame QB in week 2, had to go with a deer in the headlights totally inexperienced Kid and a duck caller at QB countless injuries but yet here we are sitting at 4-4 with a chance.

Despite their horrid start the team never gave up and fought hard in every game, this is a direct reflection on Tomlin, think about it each one of thier loses besides the. Pats game. Could of gone either way despite being undermanned.

Altough some of his on field decisions are head scrathers there is no denying this team fights doesn't guit and plays thier heart out for Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    People really bash Mike Tomlin too far. He is a damn good coach. I will say this tho, if the Steelers would have lost today, the headline would have been about Mike sacrificing the Steelers timeouts with the 2 challenges that did not go in the Steelers favor. I did not watch the game. But based on what I was seeing on the internet from different people, it seems like both penalties on the Steelers were bad calls

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The 1st PI call was ridiculous. The receiver couldn't have caught that ball even if he were stretch Armstrong!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Some fans watching Tomlin throughout the game...

judgingyou.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I will give some credit where credit is due. Tomlin has keep this team together and has them winning games with a backup QB and multiple injuries. At 4-4 this team has a legit shot at making the post season. Who would have thought that after the first few weeks of the season?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The thing with Tomlin is with talent he will do less with more. Without talent he will do more with less.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    He has done a very good job thus far. Of that I will commend him for. That said, he has to continue stacking wins from here on out.

Should he take this team to the playoffs, this season will truly be his greatest accomplishment.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Well said, agree completely. He still is horrible at time management, challenges, and ‘living in his fears’ even though he says he doesn’t

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    We’ve had some personnel set backs and we’ve remained competitive.

Today we were without our starting QB and RB plus one from our core DL. Yet we’ve remained competitive and stayed in games.

I’ll give credit where it’s due for so far saving the blushes of what could of been a disaster season.

But history has proven that his decision making over the years has hindered our chances when talent wise, we’ve been loaded with enough potential to win it all.

He’ll be here next year, and if healthy and we can add some game changing talent on O, the excuses won’t be there. But as much as I hate to say it, we will more than likely be a “maybe” or “could of been” team like we continue to be when we should be producing more.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    When we had the talent to go to SB I felt Mike let the natives run wild and had no control. Now with less talent he seems to be stepping up a bit.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If I’m getting this right, if the team had no talent he could win the Super Bowl? Maybe my NFL career isn’t over.

12. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    theresachance.gif

13. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    He is not winning with a backup. He is winning with the starter at QB.

14. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    I think tomlin is a good at game planning, but he has glaring issues at end game and clock management. The fact is, we need to CLOSE games, and for the last two years we haven’t.

15. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers strength is that their defense is among the league's elite in 2 important categories. Sacking the QB and forcing turnovers. Of the Steelers 26 points today 17 came off of turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    And the one stat I just cannot get over is a minimal .200 (a few points higher) average against teams with losing records the last 8 years. I watched last year as this team barely lost to a very good NO team, yet found a way to lose to a horrible Oakland team. If you watch the box scores week in and out many games are close. Yet it seems the Steelers are in this type of situation a lot (just guessing), 2 years ago they won many of those nail biters, last year they lost. Is it parity, or bad coaching? IDK, I cannot remember the exact number, but win % for Cowher when the Steelers had a 10 pt lead and the Bus ran a hundred yards was astounding. I know different NFL era, but I just od not see that killer instinct in a Tomlin coached team.

17. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    He certainly deserves credit for not letting the team unravel. But I also really don't know if this is something an average replacement coach couldn't also do.

I really don't see anything in-game different than the same old Mike Tomlin. But there are a few major highlights that if he led then he deserves full credit for. I'm curious how much he led the push for Minkah and Bush trades. If those were on him then so is the season's turn around. Also, whatever role he had improving Tuitt and Dupree this year is huge.

As for the offensive gameplan most weeks - not a fan. And of course all the other actual x & o's in game adjustments and time management are just lol.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Cant win it all with talented players?

Tomlin won it all with talented players in 2009.

"No one can say you can't do it anymore!"
    Bill Parcells

19. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Everyone knows you can’t say anything nice about MT on here lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They don’t win pretty. But they win. Offense needs to make teams pay. They aren’t doing that enough. Defense is a turnover machine.
    main reason of their bounce back to 4-4 from 1-4

21. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Did the fool that started this thread watch the last 8 minutes of game today and watch that friggin idiot coach??????

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Tomlin is doing a good job especially considering the circumstances this season

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What's the purpose of calling the OP a fool? We won the game be happy.

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin is a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Trying to figure out the last 25 pieces and a few are missing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    This is really a funny post cause Tomlin didn't do himself or the team one single favor this game. Those challenges were baffling and could have really cost this game. He was more lucky than smart to get this win by a long shot.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1