1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lev Bell is a hero

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Nov 1, 2019.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Just ask him...he said that the Steelers were looking to trade for him before the deadline but the Jets wanted too much. He also said the Jets look at him like he's a hero. (I'll link the article later)

He must have spent some time with AB recently. Because he cray-cray.

Best back in football? Transcendent? Worth his paycheck? Negative, ghost rider.

Oh, he got the paycheck, I'll give him that. But he failed to reset the market for rb's. He did just the opposite. He demonstrated and proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that they are replaceable.

Want to pay YOUR running back for excelling/producing in YOUR system? Fine. But they have far less value on the open market than they do in house. Thanks to Juice, we have proof.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's Pittsburgh's fault for making him an allpro. Steelers giving everybody the big head....lol

3. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Can’t sit for a year inactive. RBs shelf life is small as it is. I knew he was done. Backs today seem to have a good 3 or 4 years peaked out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    There’s a few in between though like Peterson, gore, Tomlinson, Bettis etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He hasn't broke 100 yards all year I believe?

6. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, he's still got his rap career.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    A little bird snitched on you Rooney.......many happy returns (for TDs!!!)
    .[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] upload_2019-11-1_9-4-40.jpeg [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'd take Bell back in a heartbeat. He is still really good. He is just on a bad team with no offense other than him. If he gets released after this year I hope the Steelers try to get hm back.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Who?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Owl. I am with you and have gone on record stating the same thing. I too would take Bell back. I like Connor but he is not Bell. Teams do not have to special account for Connor as they did Bell.

He is in the wrong situation to be successful in NY. However, I knew that from the get go. First and foremost, the Jets O-Line is not built for, nor accustom, to his running style like ours is/was. Second, he does not have anywhere near the overall supporting Offensive cast in NY that he had here in Pittsburgh. NY just plain stinks. He chased the dollar and it did not, and continues to not, work out for him.

As I stated in another post, IMO he is one of the best to play his position in the history of the NFL. He had the potential to be a HOF if he stayed with the Steelers. Once again, he became obsessed with the $$$$. He is not the first, nor will he be the last, to succumb to greed. STEELWINDS

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    With our line aging fast I don't think he will do what he did 3 -4 years ago here either as an aging rb. Id say no to that salary. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Lowest YPC in the league at 3.2. He will be shopped hard in the offseason but nobody is going to take on that contract and give up any draft capital. The Jets made a horrible decision and Bell will have a lackluster career once his time with the Jets ends and he is washed up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not surprised Bell is struggling, he went to a bad team with a bad OL, his patient running style won't work everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    It was a perfect environment for Bell and the Steelers, but that window has closed. Conner would have put up similar numbers, if not better, to Bell in his prime. Bell is a good back, but our OL made him famous.

Our OL isn't what it was 4 years ago. Bring Bell back and he fares no better than our current group. It all starts up front. The offense goes as the line goes, regardless of who your skilled people are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The Jets were the only team who had any interest n signing him for that money and even their own coach didn’t want him. Why would any team want him now let alone give anything up for him?

He lied to his own team here. They don’t want him back.

This whole conversation is dum dum dum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, we are talking about Juice, The Rapper. Did you think it was going to make sense?

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Yeah Mac.

I know the lifespan of a RB is short-lived. However, the nice thing about Bell though is that he was a legitimate receiving option that team's had to account for, unlike Connor. Do not get me wrong, I like Connor but he is no Bell. Bell is a difference-maker that comes along once in awhile. He is also pain in the you know what but I would be wiling to roll the dice on him given that he has a clear understanding of the BS that he pulled here and that he would be on a very, very short leash. Given that, we probably can not afford him anyway. STEELWINDS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell was a product of the Steelers scheme. Not really a difference maker that comes along once in a while, he has proven that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Ouch hard to find a way back for the Jets on this one. Saying you don't want the guy and have to keep him the rest of the season

20. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    No. Bell WAS a difference maker behind our line a few years ago. He IS an average back behind an average line. If he is what you say he is, he would make that offense better. He doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Jets coach said he didn’t want him before the season started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    yeah but then they made nice and Bell said his offense was the best he had ever seen. Guess we can chalk that up to some ego boosting

23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    His ego needs a lot of boosting now. He walked off the field today a loser to the Dolphins.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The grass is not always greener on the green team.:cool:

25. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I disagree. There is no way Conner puts up the same numbers as Bell. Bell made dudes miss on just about every play. Conner gets what’s blocked. Bell used to make blocks happen. You can’t look at Conner and Bell and think they are the same caliber of player. It just isn’t possible...

Our offensive line blocked the perfect style for Bell. It was beautiful, and we were the beneficiaries of getting to see an elite back do work in a system tailor made for his talents. Not to mention we had other weapons (think a top 5 WR in the history of the game and a future HOF QB). This allowed him to get more one on one matchups than he should have gotten and he won those almost all the time.

Now the reason why I like our situation is that we don’t have to pay Conner 14mil a year and that’s a good thing. I wouldn’t want all that money tied up in the RB position. Conner is a quality back and the bang for the buck is there. We’re gonna have to pay Watt and Minkah here soon and we can’t be giving their money to a running back... just saying lol