1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Watt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Oct 29, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Holy crap time to give this guy some love. Enough with all the Bosa talk(media) time to put TJ in the DPOY running. This kid just plays lights out every game and I like how him and Heyward played together last night.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bart07

Bart07 New Member

Oct 29, 2019
    TJ Watt is about to cost us a fortune!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am fine with that we pay people a ton to do nothing right now at least we are gonna get something with Watt. the guy is straight up a stud.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hope he doesn't turn out to as fragile as his brother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That's a good point.

Clearly JJ has had a host of injury problems the last four years but prior to that he didn't have such issues and played in 16 games five years in a row.

TJ has only missed one game in two and a half seasons but always seems to be a little dinged up.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He was also in the game very late for no reason . Keep the important guys nursing injuries out there though...smh

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    One of the few things we disagree with. I have no problem with any of our starters being out there last night that late. We needed that win and we needed to do whatever it took to make sure we got it.....yeah I just said that and we were playing the Dolphins. I get what you are saying but we are already down tuitt we needed all hands on deck last night. Unreal that it had to be that way omg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Watt needed to be in the last couple plays? Ola can’t handle more than 3 snaps? Yeah we’ll have to disagree :shrug:

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess I don’t really see the problem with it. Jmo :shrug:

I guess I could give my opinion about it but I really don’t know.....:facepalm:

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Great post!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This isn't the first time, or the second, or the third...
    Tomlin's biggest flaw is not learning from his mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He is a monster. DPOY in the making, perhaps not this year but he is getting better all the time. He is eligible for a new contract or extension this off season and I hope they pay him, he has earned it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Unfortunately the only way to get attention is to win and we haven’t been.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The Standard is the Standard. Don't you ever listen to the man.

15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Watt took over late in that game. I certainly wouldn't have pulled him.

16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I love how Watt attacks the football every chance he gets. The one play where he was in Fitz's face and it looked like a basketball rejection. Watt put his hand on the football before it left Fitz's hand.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Me and other members liked the pick back in 2017. Loved the pick since the conclusion of his Rookie Season. I knew he was going to be great. I just did not expect his overall abilities to be so well rounded.

In my eyes, he has become a top flight EDGE Defender in the league. Dare I say he is arguably the most versatile EDGE Defender in the NFL today. Yes, Myles Garrett, Von Miller and Khalil Mack will get me sacks. That said, give me the EDGE player who can not only rush the passer and defend the run but also defend the pass.

Pass defense skills for pass rushers are becoming more and more of a premium for NFL Teams. Given how the game has transitioned from Formation Matchups to Personnel ones, pass rushers, like all positions, need to keep up with the times. Not saying players like Myles will become obsolete any time soon but players like him who's game revolves around nothing but rushing the QB will become less difficult to find in comparion to players like T.J. Watt.

All the more reason that, in time, T.J. Watt will be worth every penny when his time to get his contract renewed comes. Multi role players with the athletic and football acumen like him do not grow on trees. So, when you do have said players, it is best to keep them around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    His last play, there was under a minute left and the Steelers were up 13. Remember, he came into the game nursing an injury and the Steelers have a short week coming up. It was almost as if Tomlin felt he had to double down after leaving Conner out there to get hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am afraid he is.

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Watt is the closest talent to Jack Ham that I have ever seen in a Steelers uniform.

21. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I love how many Twitter GMs were calling Watt a terrible pick at 30. lmao. Dude has been plus-plus for us.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it may be safe to say that Watt is actually helping Dupree more than Butler ever did. Bud has added some moves to his pass rush and I have a strong feeling Watt is the reason why....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I was gonna mention how well Dud has been playing. I am not sure how he got that way but he has looked good this season.....oh wait contract year, lol. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Bud was solid last year too.

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I must have missed some plays cause what I saw last year wasn't good. One move, run outside to the right 20 yards behind the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1