1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Rudolph for Fitz

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dusky323, Oct 28, 2019.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Your just going to keep doubling down on this aren't you?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Rudolph isn't bad and he will get better. His biggest issue is an OC who is in over his head and should be doing this at the high school level. I think a change in the HC along with a competent OC and DC and this team will be strong with Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just say no to drugs, alcohol, and sugar

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I could trade my Power Ball ticket for yours and then pay off all my bills and have a little left over!

5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Tell me again how many games Mason has started....??..yeah not many.
    Give him a break and give him some time.
    I too was pissed how rusty and off target he was early in the game,but I'm willing to give him some more time to improve.
    He just needs game experience.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    You and I must be seeing different things talent-wise. Steelers are not nearly as talented overall in 2019 as they were from 2014-17. We've seen a significant dropoff in talent on the offensive side of the ball... especially at WR and RB. Defense has improved with the addition of Nelson, Bush and Fitzpatrick.... but losing Tuitt is gonna hurt in the long run.

Bottom line is... this Steelers team is not nearly as talented as they were when Bell and AB were here. Steelers are an average team... no longer elite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    mason is doing alright. 5 games 900 yards 9 tds 3 picks. Translates to about 3000 yards, 27 tds 9 picks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The only thing Dusky got right on this post is the babe in the icon.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He did seem to back off, halfheartedly claiming that it was a joke. I don't think it was, but he seems to finally understand just how ridiculous the idea is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Maybe the babe in the icon is Dusky.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :huh:

12. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He has been benched by almost every team in the league. He’s had 15 years of opportunity and never established himself. Heck, why don’t we go get Sanchez then lol

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Okay, you're entitled to your opinion. And even though everyone here disagrees, you do you. I do agree that MR is extremely inconsistent right now. He's hanging his receivers out to dry and is going to get one (or more) of them hurt. But his problem is mechanics, not ability. Being deeply entrenched in the Big 12, us WVU fans got to see too much of how good he can be. He hasn't forgotten how to throw or lost his ability to. I'm not a big fan of the current iteration of pre or post concussion MR that is playing for the Steelers. I honestly believe Duck gives us a better chance to win right now. But MR has pedigree and experience against higher quality opponents, so he's the guy behind center for the foreseeable future.

He wasn't as effective as Duck before the concussion. He most definitely wasn't ready for prime time AFTER the concussion. But he knocked the rust off and battled. And realize that the boo's reigning down on him weren't too big for him. He could have withered under the pressure of MNF, the angry crowd, and even his own future as a professional signal caller. But it wasn't too big for him. He battled. And while battling, he took the game on his shoulders, took a vicious hit to the chin, and took the air out of Miami's sails. We didn't win in spite of him. We won BECAUSE of him.

As far as talent and all that it does and does not bring, this team isn't a SB team even with a healthy Ben. Our defense looks good because of the pass rush we're getting with 4 down linemen. And that is awesome. But that is masking our cb play because they are being helped by the extra bodies not devoted to the line as well as the timing disruption and unstable pocket for opposing qb's to throw out of. This is NOT a SB caliber defense. And our offense is out of sync and without identity. This may not be a rebuilding year in terms of future draft picks and positioning, but it isn't a year of high expectations either.

With that said, MR doesn't need to rush to be Ben's heir apparent. He just needs to work on being more comfortable in his skin. He needs to get back to basics and get back to proper mechanics. He's a good qb right now. Some day he might be great. Brady was drafted in the sixth round and started for Drew Bledsoe in the 2nd game of his 2nd season due to injury. Do I need to tell you that MR was drafted in the 3rd round and started for Ben in the 2nd game of his 2nd season due to injury? Let's not give up on him just yet. Okay?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The 2014-17 Steelers were offense heavy, the 2019 team is defense heavy, if they had that 2019 defense with the 2014-17 offense they could challenge the Patriots :hehehe:.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Nobody has asked the important question yet.. What's his moms digits?

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dusky might like a dirty Sanchez :shrug: