1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Proposal - Steelers/Skins for Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Steelers - Tomlin and Rudolph.

for

Skins - 2020 1st, Haskins, and 2021 2nd.

This is fair and makes sense for both teams. We've seen it time and time again but coaches want a QB they like. Rudolph is Tomlin's guy. Haskins was Snyders guy and hasn't had a good start in Washington and could use a redo. He's not going to want to back-up Rudolph either or vice versa. Also, if Rudolph continues to play well when he comes back. We can avoid the Ben/Rudolph drama next 1-2 years. Go with Ben and get Haskins ready and have a decent fall back option in Hodges. Lastly, this falls in line with the precedent of Gruden trade. Two 1st and a 2nd. Haskins is essentially the other 1st. Giving the Skins a slight discount with throwing in Rudolph but they are also in a way worse state than Bucs.

I'd then take that high 1st and gouge some team to move up. Move back to the 10-15 range and get Albert Okwuegbunam. We'd have at least two 2nds and three 3rds. Then we address the OL and DL. There's a lot of good ones coming into this draft. We could fix all this in one draft. Also, I like Haskins. Reminds me of Ben and I think he could be solid on a real team and fresh start. I like him over Tua and Herbert.

Brought to you by GMDOT. I should really charge for this professional analysis.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I can’t tell if this is serious or not.
    But ain’t no way redskins makin that deal

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Why wouldn't they?

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    To start with, Haskins is Snyder's guy. Why would he give up on his first-round pick so quickly? Just because he may want Tomlin doesn't mean he's going to go for a move like that.

You're also assuming Tomlin is that attached to Rudolph, which is questionable at best.

You keep assuming other teams will agree to these trades that you want. I'm sure this will lead to months of whining that the Steelers should have made the trade you wanted even though you have zero evidence that the Redskins would take it. In fact, it doesn't seem to make sense for them at all.

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    How many chances do you get at the 2nd winningest coach last decade and his QB? We've seen this time and time again. Coach comes in doesn't like QB, year wasted and then he drafts a QB he likes which is really just the QB he likes best in that draft. Then you waste 1-2 years developing. Skins are getting a coach/qb tandem with experience. Rudolph still young. We are avoiding drama and giving Ben 1-2 more years with back-up ready or develop more during those years. It's a win/win for both teams.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, you don't have evidence to support that bit about Tomlin being so attached to Rudolph. You also have no evidence that he wouldn't want Haskins. For all we know, he may love Haskins.

You make these assumptions that have little or no basis in fact, just as you have done in your complaints about the Steelers' draft this year.

Your evaluation of Haskins shows the same short-sighted approach to evaluating a draft.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    No thanks I'm not interested in another never was at QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The reports were he fell in love with Rudolph scouting Washington. They had a 1st round grade on him. Your right he likes the QB he's never met over the one he drafted and spent 2 years developing.

It's merely a reshuffling of the deck for us and making the trade more palatable for the Skins while getting proper compensation.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Tomlin doesn't make those decisions by himself. Maybe Colbert was the one who loved Rudolph, but yeah, anonymous "reports" are evidence. :rolleyes:

Even you posted that Haskins is Snyder's guy, yet somehow they are going to trade him, a high first-round pick and a second-rounder for a coach whose stock has to be declining by now.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Not happening. Tomlin is here to stay for the 2019 Season. How he finishes out 2019 will be very telling of his future with the team.

Nevermind Tomlin though regarding Washington. Why would ANY Head Coach want to work for Dan Snyder?!?! Any coach going there is essentially nothing more than a mouth piece of a sacrificial lamb.

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Count me down for no. Accidentally clicked yes. I would trade Tomlin to the Skins for a first round draft pick. Leave Rudolph out of it. No interest in Haskins.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Haskins in his first NFL game threw 3 ints, hell no.

• Like Like x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :facepalm: Bye week...……..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Writing off a quarterback after one start? That’s funny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin isn't going anywhere via trade. It's not happening!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And he wanted to be a moderator :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    At some point Snyder needs to look in the mirror and realize he's part of the problem. Skins have been lapped by everybody in the DMV; Ravens(Super Bowls) Caps(Stanley Cup) Nats(World Series) and Mystic(Championship) It's the Skins/Wizards for most embarrassing franchises. There's a reason he wants Tomlin. Skins need to turn it around quick. So he's going to make a big trade for Tomlin and force Haskins on him? He's done this with RG3 and Haskins now. He needs to let football people make the decisions. Also, part of the incentive for Tomlin going to the Skins might be more control.

The precedent has been set. Two 1st and 2nd for a coach. Gruden was way less accomplished when traded for. Tomlin is 2nd winningest coach last decade. Also, there's other reasons why Snyder wants Tomlin.

Will Skins fans go for two 1st and a 2nd for Tomlin? Hell no.

2020 1st alone would be a tough sell. But if you get Tomlin, your franchise QB, and the rest of your picks. That's not bad.

We'd get proper compensation and there's reasons why we want to swap Rudolph for Haskins. Say Ben does play the next two years and we don't see much Rudolph, what kind of contract are we giving him? He can go start right away in Washington. We get the younger prospect with 2-3 years to show us what he's got.

19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My head hurts

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    GM'ing ain't easy

21. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    We know that won’t happen. Tomlin isn’t going anywhere. He will be here until he retires

22. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I chose no only because no way in hell was not an option.

Mason will end up being a better QB than Haskins. Now if you left the QBs out of it, I’d be ok with that.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now you're basing your premise on Dan Snyder developing some self awareness. Tell that one to a Redskins fan, then ask him to explain why they laughed at you for five minutes.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Haskins is not proper compensation for one of Jeff reed's broken paper towel dispensers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not sure about this. Haskins could be really good in the right situation. I think 95% of Steelers fans would take a 1st and 2nd for Tomlin. I just don't see the Skins doing it and not enough compensation imo.

I think hitting rock bottom in DMV sports has made him. That's why he's going so hard after Tomlin.