1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stats just mock the Steelers lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 16, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    # 1 in FEWEST sacks allowed
    # 3 in sacks
    # 2 in turnover differential and takeaways

2-4 lol

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Just proves our record isn’t indicative of the talent on the team.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's a sick joke. All the years with a defense who couldn't stop a nosebleed. We essentially traded offense for defense. If anything this proves the people right who said the window is closing with the 3 B's. Trade picks for established defensive talent. They wouldn't do it until we started 0-2 and our HoF QB was out of the year. Makes no sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Just curious, which team has had most starters (or supposed starters, like Bell) form 2018 not playing in 2019?

I think we should also be a top 5 on that stat...

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You do realize we are number one in sacks allowed and that is a good thing. .08 per game. The only team under 1 per game. Ben was sacked twice in a game and a half. We have given up 5 sacks in 6 games.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The talent drop off of offense is tremendous from what we and last year and the previous year.

#1 you lose Ben. Ben may not be what he was, but he did lead the NFL in yards last season.
    I'm not down on Mason or Duck, but at this point they aren't a multiple winning Super Bowl QB

#2 Antonio Brown- Of course he's a head case, Team Cancer, Whatever you want to call it.
    Still an elite talent. Juju is good, but he benefited greatly from AB, plus he had Ben throwing to him.
    Juju hasn't had a clear #2 threat to make teams stop from giving him all the attention.

#3 Bell. well I know we didn't have Bell last year, But Conner kept playing like it was his job to lose and had to shine.
    He thought Bell could be back at any moment.

It's a large drop off. I hope it comes around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Yes, I think he does realize that. That's the point of his post.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The Steelers are 21st in point differential

There are three 2-4 teams with better point differentials than the Steelers and three 2-4 teams with worse point differentials.

Essentially, they're about where they should be record-wise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That makes no sense.. The pats game is the only game we were blown out in and we blew out Cincy so it should be pretty even

• Like Like x 1
  10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Imagine how bad we would be if our we didn't have a good O-line and an improved secondary. How do you have those stats and a losing record. That tells me we have talent but serious problems with a game plan and game management.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, and Conners production has certainly dropped off, but the holes have net been there either. Our running game has lacked and wonder if Munch being gone is the main reason. He was very much involved in game planning, no doubt there are a variety of reasons and Bell was head and shoulders above the current group.

12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers have scored only 8 points less than they have given up this year so you are right it is pretty even.

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yep, Glad Boz is back and would be reliable when that last second FG is needed, but way to many FG's instead of TD's after those turnover's the D has gotten. As the season goes on perhaps the young guys will grow and things will change, that is a big perhaps, but one of the things to look forward to.

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I was confused as well reading that stat, this edit above should help and avoid the inevitable family bickering that is so prevalent on this MB. You know you can edit your post BBH. :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers are a very young team overall except maybe the OL. It's gonna take a while for the youth movement to gel into championship caliber.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You really think they have the talent on offense :facepalm:?

• Like Like x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it has more to do with teams playing 8 man in the box to stop the run, defenses don't respect the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. I think people are a little too quick to do a victory lap about JuJu not being a number 1.

AB sure as hell didn't shine without Ben, even called out Jones on the field after a bad throw. Vick was even worse for him.

Plus Mason wasn't working with the number 1's in camp so him and JuJu are learning each other on the fly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    People don't understand that skill position players are typically going to have a decrease in production when there is inconsistent QB play.

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They don't have serious problems with game plans and game management. If they had serious problems with game plans and game management they would get blow out every week. The coaches help to put this team in a position to win every game except one. That's good coaching my friend.

Good luck finding perfect coaching if that's what you are seeking.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Vick was terrible for everybody. His yards per attempt as a Steeler was 5.6. He hit some checkdowns and ran, but made it impossible for the receivers to produce.

Even with Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster wasn't very productive in the opener. The Patriots just put their best corner on him and he turned invisible most of that game. Of course, the issues at quarterback are holding his numbers down, but he has suffered a big drop-off. An elite No. 1 receiver would still be producing even with Rudolph in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People understand that just fine, but it doesn't excuse such a drastic drop-off in production.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NE shut AB down too and Gilmore is one of the best in the league. Ben also wasn't playing well, the whole team stunk.

AB was no good without Ben, so we should expect JuJu to be good?

And its not like JuJu has been held to zero production. He's had 2 stinkers, last week with Hodges and the Cincy game which I believe was the massive check down game. The other games saw him produce 75, 78, 81 and 84 yards with a 35 and 76 yard TD score.

As I said, he's learning on the fly with Mason and still producing. That will improve as the season progresses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018