1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu's projected season stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    77 rec for 1065 yards, 6 TDs and 3 fumbles

I guess these are still WR1-ish type numbers?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well when you're playing with the 2nd and 3rd string QBs, the numbers aren't that bad.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Tsrart

Tsrart Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Well, if you take Antonio Brown's stats from 2015 (the one year he played a good number of games without Ben) and extrapolate his four Jones/Vick games over a whole season, he would have had 68 receptions for 940 yards and no TDs. The QB does, in fact, matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is a massive drop-off in his numbers and it began before Roethlisberger's injury, but by all means, let's see people make more excuses for him.

5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    And if we go by yearly stats say he plays 15 years. That's 15 season ending fumbles :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Still the Steelers best player.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Watt is better

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think we all understand brown made our offense roll... lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We all should understand that he opened up a lot of room for Smith-Schuster to operate. I know it's impossible for most folks on this board to give him credit for anything, but Brown was still the best receiver on the team last year and the offense clearly misses him. Smith-Schuster certainly misses somebody else drawing the defense's attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Problem is what receiver wants to be a decoy nowadays lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe for Hodges they wouldn’t mind....quack quack

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m not sure what to be optimistic about anymore lol

Just in general. Football baseball life

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well on one hand I have my Yankees right now but then the ever looming doom of Knicks basketball is just around the corner. Things can go even further South real quick....lol

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Our defense is getting better.
    Hodges can play
    You didn't get hit by a bus
    baby steps...

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yankees look good

16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Haha this is true lol perspective

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't think anyone ever disputed the guys output but as fate would have it, good bad or otherwise he had to go... No living with bugs. The team is better with him gone if for no other reason than his last 2 stops have shown. Guy had to go end of story. Production be damned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So far but Houston is stacked as well

19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Who cares lol I’m a cubs fan and I don’t mind astros winning but I don’t care if they don’t. Would be cool to see Yankees win their 28th. That’s insane lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I can't believe we are still debating Brown's worth to this team. He was here, he was good. He went pyscho, he had to go. By now, if you can't see that the Steelers did the right thing shipping him off, you never will. By all means, keep debating something that has about as much relevancy as the mating habits of the fruit fly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Watt is a distant second.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm inclined to argue Minkah might be the best player on the Steelers. As of now my opinion is Watt is.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm no longer arguing about whether or not he had to go. The information available changed. My perspective changed when multiple accusations of sexual misconduct, including rape, came to light.

That said, let's face reality. They are not better. They are 1-4 and on the way to their worst season since 2003. Of course, the loss of Roethlisberger is a part of that, but so is the loss of Brown. The receiving corps is significantly weaker than it was last year and it is taking a toll on the offense. Teams are free to double Smith-Schuster and stack the line against the run. That improved chemistry so many people projected hasn't changed things from last year. They are still finding ways to lose close games. People wanted to convince themselves that it was addition by subtraction, but the record so far proves otherwise.

People absolutely have tried to dispute Brown's contributions to the team. They argued that the receiving corps would be just fine and that Smith-Schuster would step right into Brown's old role. Neither is the case.

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    People are entitled to be wrong. Smith-Schuster wasn't even the best receiver on this team last year and his level of play so far this year has dropped significantly. He also just cost his team a game with a killer mistake.

Watt has been the best player on the field for them every game this season but one, and that day the Patriots took away Smith-Schuster, too.

25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just like the coach making the Colts defense better, even without mr. All pro. So you are correct, people are entitled to be wrong.

Just as losing your an changes things about your theory of people being wrong about the addition by subtraction. It is working spreading the ball around without AB, but injuries and mistakes have not produced wins. We have had a chance to win every game but one with this type of spreading the wealth offense. Player error, injury or defense has failed it in every case, not because it didn't work without AB. Stop patting yourself on the back for being right about that because you are not. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1