1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I often wonder if other fanbases regularly absolve their head coach

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    I often wonder if other fanbases regularly defend and absolve their head coach from blame. Or is it is just Steeler fans (some of them at least) who seem to always say the BUCK does not STOP with the man whose title is HEAD COACH?

Interesting thought to say the least....

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    (Mike Tomlin during Clock Management 101)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, you literally never see Steeler fans criticising Tomlin. Ever.

Off topic, but I think you made the same thread as Watt Wack.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Eagle fans love their head guy and for good reason.

6. Benny Lava

Sep 16, 2019
    I said some fans absolve him. I know many criticize him (and rightly so).

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Fair enough, I missed that first time.

Still, all fan bases will have some who defend a coach and others who see them as the root of all wrong.

Why do you think the Steelers might be different in this respect? Not a snarky question, genuinely interested.

8. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Tomlin is probably one of the most disliked coaches by there fan base in football. The hell is this thread talking about lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I wonder how many teams have a head coach that has a record as impressive as Tomlin's. Actually I don't wonder because there aren't many. He's far from perfect but he's also far from as bad as you'd think if you went off all the complaining on message boards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  11. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Watt wack confirmed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Or reading your lame redundant posts :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Other teams are brutal on their head coach, much worst than us. Check any Patriots forum and you will hear about how Belicheck is past his prime, lucky to have brady, don't know crap about being a GM, tries to be too smart, sucks.... this is pretty every fan base, just like every fan base claims the NFL/Refs are against them.

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Doesn't this fact make you scratch your head? How can a fan base dislike a coach who has such a good regular season record?

Maybe because we know that he was handed a Super Bowl caliber team and handed some of the best talent the NFL has ever seen?

Give me a couple million dollars and I can probably be damn near out of debt in a few years!

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Link please.

Hard pass.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    That and the fact the media talks him up like he's not been handed a stacked deck all these years.. At this point I can't wait for the Steelers 9th loss of the season just so we don't have to hear the never had a losing season bs anymore. I swear every Steeler game the announcers bring that up and I'm tired of it.. It's like Tomlin is the medias darling.. Washington can have his ass

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The league and the media have an agenda to force the world to believe in elite black QB's and elite black Head Coaches.

Remember the HOF youngsters, Josh Freeman, RG III, Colon Capturdick, Mike Vick, Vince Young, Geno Smith?

19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I've heard that a couple of times lately, but is it actually true? Patriots fans bash Belichick? Any Patriots fan who does that is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    RG III won rookie of the year, and took his team to the playoffs. Kap took his team to the Super Bowl, nobody was hyping up Freeman or Geno as being anything special, try harder next time.

21. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Oh yes I remember those names lol.. But there are some dam good African American QBs now with Deshaun Watson Russell Wilson and even tho dak isn't great he's still solid..The ring leader of it all is Stephen a Smith. That dude is the most racist dude I've ever seen and he gets to keep his job and continue to spew his racist bs.. Tired of it

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He's on the side that is allowed to be racist. Disgusting!

23. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Yikes. This thread took a turn.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. Some people just can't help steering discussions towards race, even though such debates aren't welcome here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  25. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I have checked their forums and for the last 2 months I have been travelling to Boston for business. Boston traffic is a nightmare, it makes the tunnels here seem like the autobahn so I listen to the sports radio a lot. They talk like Belicheck is stealing money from the organization and he is only marginally better than Hue Jackson.....

Good news is after I finish this deal I will not have to go back to the area. I've never appreciated Pittsburgh so much, this people are insufferable. I hear this a lot, so you are are Steelers fan ahahahhaha too bad. I'm literally the guy that decides if they are going to get money for their research and they are so arrogant they talk crap about my team thinking its funny, they have no idea about how die hard a fan I am. They won't be getting a favors from me, I can't stand them.