1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

At 1-4 is the season and playoffs over??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 7, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    As bad as the AFC and this division is I will say no at this point and time but if the Steelers lose to the Chargers this week and drop to 1-5 it’s definitely over. That’s why we talked about it all week on here how critical it was to win this game at home with the Ravens and go to 2-3 and 2-0 in the division. Had they did that they could have afforded to lose to LA this week and drop to 2-4 because they still would have been 2-0 in the division and had the tiebreaker over the Ravens and knowing you had the Dolphins up next after the bye week.

So now they absolutely have to win this game this week with the Chargers and get back to 2-4 before the bye or the season will officially be over as far as having any realistic shot to still make the playoffs. It’s frustrating as hell too because that game was so winnable yesterday even with Duck in and this team as we have seen in the last year or so just keeps finding ways to lose these close games time and time again.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    They're not mathematically out yet, but at this point, with the way they've been playing, it won't matter unless they have a massive turnaround, which doesn't seem to be happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No.

There's still plenty of room for the Steelers to win the division.

Also, given the current performance in the AFC - although this can change -, I believe a 9-7 record might be enough to get a wild card. But they'd need to make sure they have tie breaking stats.

If they can pull off a win against the Chargers in LA, then there is hope. If they drop to 1-5, then it gets really tricky. Being 1-5 absolutely sucks and it's another AFC loss.

5. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Definitely over.

If Ben was healthy would still be a chance, although would be slim. What do we think, we’re gonna go 8 and 3 the rest of the way with a practice squad QB??? I think 9-7 wins the division

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    As pud as our remaining schedule is I don't foresee the playoffs in our future.

Week 6-trip to west coast where we always thrive
    Week 8-only truly easily winnable game left when Miami comes to town
    Week9-colts finally beat us without luck
    Week10-rams at home...don't see them winning that one.
    Week11&13-be lucky if we split with the browns
    Week12-should beat Cincy again as they are just worse than the Steelers
    Week14-west coast trip to Arizona
    Week15-much improved bills at home
    Week16-jets come to should win but we know how that goes
    Week16-ravens won't roll over at home for us.

4-12 has been my prediction for a long time now and I want to stick with it. I hope like heck they prove me wrong but I won't believe it until I see it.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I predict if they lose next week, there will be posts arguing that because of the mediocre state of the AFC, and the poor division, that it's still not over for 1-5 Stillers

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Ain't the first time we've been 1-4, remember 1976? MJG needs to lecture these boys.

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it's over but there is an opportunity to develop the young guys and have momentum going into next season. The players have definitely not quit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The best team in Steeler history IMO started out 1-4 and if not for major injuries would have won 3rd straight Superbowl. This ain't that team.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Playoffs should not be a goal right now. Stacking wins and getting back to .500 should be the goal. Steelers have the talent to win... but something always seems to go wrong. It's one of those seasons where the team is snake-bitten.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    [​IMG]

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes, but this D is not that D. hell that D performed perhaps the greatest 9 game stretch in NFL history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers defense keeps playing and taking the ball away and getting sacks, they will be in a lot of ball games.

But, too much bad news to start the season has sank this ship.

Could maybe get 7-9 or 8-8. Steelers aren't getting blown out of the water in these losses (outside of NE game), but you got to find away to win close contests and they simply aren't doing that in the crucial times such as the end of games.

Seahawks- Couldn't get the ball back with 5:30 left in the game.
    49ers-Got a gift of fumble toward the end, only to return the gift right back.
    Bengals-Are poopy
    Ravens-Fumble the ball when your trying to drive for the win/ and or couldn't stop them from tying it.

3 out of those 4 games, we lost by a total of nine points.

But as it's said there is a fine line between being a losing team and a winning team.
    We just keep finding ways to be the losing team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That team also had a whole host of HoF players on the offensive side of the ball. Not exactly down to the former fourth string QB like this team is now.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

18. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Just goes to show that parity is pretty standard in the NFL. At times this team has played awful, yet signs of am improving D. 2 years ago this teams went 13-3 winning many games with a 4 pt or less margin. Last year we won 8 with many games lost in that margin. This year we are 1-4 with 2 of those losses in that margin. I agree w/o Ben I do not see us winning much, but even with such a lousy year, a turn around really is not that far away.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Yes, but Mike Kruczek (sp) was not much. He basically handed of to Franco and Rocky and they did the rest.

20. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    13 sacks in a six day stretch is kid of getting there, right.;)

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This. No matter what the team does they end up with that L.

3-8 last 11 games. Not sure wtf is going on but they just find ways to lose

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Well the Ravens have the Bengals at the Seahawks and Patriots the next 3 games, the Browns have the Niners tonight, Seattle at home and at New England, and the Steelers have at the Chargers and Miami and Indy at home. So it’s very possible that both the Browns and Ravens could either be 3-4 or 4-4 at the end of this stretch and the Steelers could be 3-5 if they can win either the Chargers or Colts games which would keep them in it going into November. So yes things look bleak but the schedule of the Browns and Ravens looking so tough the next few weeks could give the Steelers some life if they can find a way to win 2 of the next 3 if not all 3 games. I think this Chargers game is winnable this week I don’t think it’s an absolute given the Chargers will win this game Sunday night.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I still have tickets, therefore the season isn’t over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yes the D just cannot make that one or two extra plays to win a game it seems like and the same goes for the offense. The coaching on this team sucks too which I think is a huge reason for the 3-8 record over the past 11 games.

• Like Like x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    One game at a time.
    One play at a time.
    Every. Blade. Of. Grass.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2