1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

juju mvp

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by tyler christopher, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He only had one hand on the football. He tried to go for the stiff-arm instead of protecting the ball. Yes, the defender did something right, but Smith-Schuster failed his team by not protecting the ball there. His mistake is at the very top of the list of things that cost the Steelers the game today. Like his fumble last year against the Saints, he made a terrible error that probably ended his team's season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    WTF is this, he "allowed them to vote against Brown"!!!??? While Tomlin may Coach like he is in a Jr High setting, he does not 'allow' a vote for anybody. That vote is taken by the players, and as grown men I am sure they made up their own minds.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Only if Tomlin ALLOWS us to vote for it. LMAO

4. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Depends what you mean by “critical moment” I suppose. 2 games come to mind for me: 2012 at Raiders where Brown fumbled twice (Steelers obviously lost - by 3), and 2014 vs. Buccaneers, where he dropped a deep TD pass via a flea flicker that hit him in the hands in the fourth quarter where where the Steelers were up 4 and ended up losing by three with 0:07 left.

Was Brown the sole reason they lost those games? No. Did he contribute? Yes.

Was JuJu the sole reason the Steelers lost today? No. Did he contribute? Yes.

Let’s stop crucifying the kid. Brown is sitting on his dumb ass watching football today, hoping he gets money out of arbitration because of the stupid situation he put himself in. JuJu will report to work tomorrow to get better. And he will.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I find it hilarious that anyone thinks we had a chance this season before JuJu's fumble and we don't after it. Oh the horror.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    JuJu has made some mistakes in his brief career. He is still
    the best player on the roster. Bar none. The db from the Ravens made
    an excellent football play. Why didn't our QB make an attempt to dive on the loose ball?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Rhetorical techniques confuse you, don’t they? I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole to make a point, but it was a devastating loss in terms of the team’s playoff chances. I find it odd you don’t realize that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Watt is the best player on that roster and the ball took an odd bounce. Maybe Hodges could have done a better job bailing out his teammate, but that was Smith-Schuster’s mistake

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't forget the step out of bounds when he had a winning TD in sight in 2013 against the Dolphins on that lateral throwback drill.

Fumbled in 2017 against the Titans Bryant recovered it. ended up wining that game in a blowout though.

Fumbled a punt return in a loss to Dallas in 2012. They could have sealed the game away with points on that drive.

I'm sure there's more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    It's not magic, hold onto the ball. Yes, many factors lead to the Steelers not winning but the fumble did become the reason why we lost.

11. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yeah you may be right and watching it in slow motion it's easier to put blame juju but in normal speed you see the time he had to secure the ball wasn't very long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    brown is a piece of **** and they let him get away with a lot, more than we probably even know, but i do agree with you that our coach is a dickhead.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  13. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Ju Ju is still ahead of AB when it comes to what hes done so far. Hopefully he starts to clutch it up. But no1 even knew who AB was his first couple years.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    he fumbled twice in one game that cost us in 2014 against the Jets. Fumbled a punt and a catch. I know there is atleast one more game he cost us. We will see what happens with JUJU, I agree hold on to the ball figure it out, your a pro start acting like one, but i think as long as best friend tomlin is the coach nothing about this team will change... Need a head coach, not a friend to the players...

15. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    he fumbled plenty twice in one game earlier in his career, actually about 4 years ago...

16. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    That is cause they were loaded at wide receiver and did not even get a chance till late in season......... brown had the 3 most important catches in that playoff run........

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Yes it hurt our chances at the division title. Devastating loss I think is premature considering how weak our division appears to be. 5 games left & still have the Browns twice.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They are two games behind the Ravens with a head-to-head loss. Even a weak division is probably going to take nine games to win. Do you see a team capable of going 8-3 the rest of the way? The Steelers dug themselves a hole the first three weeks of the season. That was their chance to get out of it and Smith-Schuster fumbled it away. It was far from the only mistake, but it was the most costly one.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is all the more reason why it was a mistake for him to try to use a stiff arm rather than keeping both hands on the ball.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Who's to say we score first if JuJu holds onto the ball? Stranger things have happened to this young & inexperienced team. Our chances haven't really moved much at all.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We know for sure they lost with the fumble. They had mostly moved the ball well with Hodges and they would have had a first down near midfield. Even if they don't score on that drive, they could pin the Ravens deep again. They were in a good position until that fumble occurred. I know you want to find a way to take the heat off Smith-Schuster, but he blew this one. Just accept it and move on.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    He did blow this one. Kid was trying to win the game when he did it.

23. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yeah I'm definitely not arguing with you that it was a mistake obviously he wasn't trying to fumble the ball. Alls I'm saying is he's got a lot of yards after the catch it's kind of his thing. Kind of like Ben roethlisberger's miraculous escapes out of the pocket sometimes work and sometimes they don't. When it comes to hard individual efforts like that I guess I don't get as down on the player. It's a bummer that his fumble happened at the end essentially being the final nail in the coffin. A myriad of missed opportunities all throughout the game is truly what cost us the game in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There were other mistakes that could have turned things the Steelers way, but no single mistake as definitively cost them the game as Smith-Schuster's fumble.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not Hardly, Juju is by far the best football player on the team by a WIDE MARGIN.
    I will say Watt is 2nd though.

• Disagree Disagree x 2