1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

this league and football

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kolbassi, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    is a effen joke

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well thought

• Like Like x 3
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    That roughing the passer call is the exact reason I have no desire to watch the NFL outside Steeler games.. The league has turned into a complete disgrace

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kolbassi

Kolbassi Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    thats what i mean, a clean hit like that is a penalty cmon. penalties, reviews inconsistent calls, don't care to watch anymore.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The roughing the passer call was nonsense.

Johnson's catch and fumble review was also pretty dodgy.

I swear they were making it up at times today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

And opting to kick in OT is the exact reason Mike Tomlin needs to be fired. The coaching was as bad as the officiating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    And every play being replayed stopping the flow of the game.. The NFL really isn't a good product anymore. Never thought I'd be more excited to watch the Pitt game the following week over the Steeler game

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Didn't have a problem with it. Did u really think Hodges would lead them down for a TD on the first drive? I didn't.. I'd rather take my chances at getting a stop and getting a field goal which they were about to do until juju decided to fumble in a crucial spot yet again. Him and Conner are turning into chokers

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Uh. Ok . How is it more likely then asking your offense to kick a Fg or win the field possession battle and them ASKING your defense to make a stop? At least then you give your offense a chance to WIN! Kicking it gives them a chance to win PLUS you still need a stop and still need the OF to score . So NO

10. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    I didn't trust either team to drive down the field and score a TD.. 99% of the time u take the ball first but that time I honestly didn't have a problem with it.. Not in the mood to argue with u about it because we're gonna have a difference in opinion on this one so move on

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Winners find a way to win, losers find a way to lose...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Lol wow , don’t over think this people.

Lets say its a genius move no HC has ever thought of. You still need a defensive stop. You still need the O to score.

If you kick and allow a Fg you still need your offense to score. So what position would you rather be? Have a chance to win with a TD or a FG that puts you up by 3 and now requires the opponent to score or lose.

By kicking it we had no chance of winning with a TD because we said no thanks - you have it. Arrogant or stupid? You did not even give your team a chance to win. Instead you made US make a stop, then asked us to score , then make another stop. Why not give your team the chance to win? This is Not so complicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought Duck could take us dwn to FG possition.at least.. i was more impressed with his first start than i was with MR

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason plays well but was playing skittish after he got hit. Didn’t look franchise level lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Your pretty dumb man. If u stop them and then score the games over. They don't get the ball back

16. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Other coaches used that strategy. That strategy worked out well in that the defense did it's job. The offense failed to do it's job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Slim504

Slim504 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Lets just face it the football we grew up watching is long gone.Its been replaced by this pillow fight we call the NFL now days.Im all for player safety but now they doing too much.They are taking away the reason people love football in the 1st place.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree. The rules are making this game a joke and it is losing me slowly, but losing me. Ruffing the passer call was an example of how much a joke the NFL has become. There is no words to describe how stupid this game has become and its popularity will slowly die. I no longer watch college with their stupid targeting crap and blindside blocking. Leaning more and more toward hockey. Go Pens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    You still need to score! You still need a stop!

Why not give your team the chance
    To win it on a TD ? Then no stop needed !

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Pretty much. Can't convince unreasonable people of anything.

21. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Why not? Because at that point in the game Tomlin had more faith in the defense to make a stop or keep it to a fg.

The offense was playing with 3rd string rookie QB. Why don't people have any sense?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Receive ball on OT =

TD = win game

Kick FG = stop them and win, allow FG ties and get ball back, allow td and lose

Punt = must stop them and score to win .

Kick ball in OT =

Allow TD = game over loss
    Allow FG = must score FG to tie and Hold them to win.
    Hold them = must score 3 points To win

Either scenario you have to come up with a stop and you must score... except 1 scenario ... if you score a TD . Why not give your self that chance?

Spit in the face to your offense who btw was doing ok considering the playcalls and injuries.

23. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    Personally, I would have taken the ball, but i see why Tomlin did it, a combonation of the defense and the side of the field. Tucker ALMOST missed that field goal.. it WAS going out before it hooked back in at the last second. IF he misses that, we get good field position, we get a fg and win, then Tomlin looks like an absolute genius. This one is on Juju for fumbling in the time of the game when the defense is almost 100% certainly going for a turnover.

24. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that fumbling JuJu kid.\

Edit: think scooby doo :)

25. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Thou canst speaketh badly about St Juju. He worketh very hard, He smileth all the time. He's only cougheth fumbles in 2 of the last 7 games, (excert for the ones the Connor beat hi to it). He cryeth in the locker room and aplogozeth for his faults. But will doubtless be taking selfies in dome night club tonight.