1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Elephant in the room: Game Day threads have no set format.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm just gonna say it guys...

It's our fault for not formatting the Game day threads with the same format each time.

This hodgepodge of threads is causing this losing and it has to stop!

It all starts with us! So, let's get a set format agreed on and stick to it!

It's time to put up or shut up fellas and ladies!

:sword:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    "at this juncture, good set formats put you in position to take advantage of opportunities and we’re excited about the opportunity we have this weekend.

it's a war of attrition and things of that nature, by any stretch of the imagination.

quite frankly from a football standpoint, I personally don't subscribe to that hocus pocus.

throw style points out the window, if you will. the standard is the standard.

but if you do format the Game Day threads with the same format each time, we're going to unleash hell this Sunday."

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I also shaved the playoff beard after the week 1 loss. It maybe have jinxed the mojo

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

You mean the GDT thread name, for example:

"Official GDT Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49's", followed by the thread creator's first post good luck salutation/good luck tiding. We need to brainstorm some ideas.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Lately it should be.............

OK, Who's gonna get hurt today?

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think Glemms negativity is bringing the squad down.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think you have me mixed up with “Man Mustard”

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    It might be a nuclear meltdown. Took me a minute to figure out who Glemm was.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah something like that, someone used to put the game book details in the first post as well. At least a standard for the GDT

10. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The inconsistency is all part of the three ring circus and it starts at the top.

We never replaced the speed of @blountforcetrauma at posting, and have ended up trying to fill his place by committee.

The problem is - and I know this is controversial- we’ll never fire @TerribleTowelFlying due to the “it’s actually his board” rule.

I also think trading RealSteel to the Raiders was a huge mistake. Our misfortunes have coincided with him disappearing after all.

On a more serious note, I like the idea of a set format for the first post with some game info.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3