1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't want Ben back...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    My gosh......Ben is done....over....great career......Hall of Fame..............

but......let him GO.............he's older.....he's not playing very well anymore.......and he's gonna miss a year or more......I'm amazed by the people on this forum who think Ben will play forever. ........It's TIME.........retire and be happy Ben! It was a great run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    I am sure he is saying: "Oh Yeah!!!"

4. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Drew Brees, 2nd round.

5. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    And without the cocaine rumors ( which weren’t true, reportedly started by Miami), we probably take Marino.

6. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    I think Marsha always signs a team friendly deal ( 12 mill. Per year? That could be wrong). Trades high salary for helping the team.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And getting money from the Pats outside of the cap via his TB12 business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    That and endorsements, agreed. That why I will never wear Uggs ( not that you know, I ever would have anyway )

• Like Like x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's big money in snake oil.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Without the rumors I don't think he is on the board when we pick.

11. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    So what your saying is Bens rookie year when they ran off all those wins he was Trent Dilfer??
    I don't care that his stats weren't spectacular,what was spectacular was the win streak.
    Passing offenses and rule changes have changed the game quite a bit since 2004.
    So Mason very well may have better stats[I hope that he does] but this team needs to forget about stats and
    the personal accolades and get back to playing physical smart football, which would consist of running the damn football
    with some consistency and playing sound defense.This team needs a kick in the ass....

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. lewisha

Dec 27, 2012
    This is also true.

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Because he's a Cheater, They all are...I can " almost " guarantee you, this is how it goes down

Kraft: We will pay you 12 million, that will get us more good/ great players... It'll make you look even more like a Saint...BUT...Here is a big sack of cash ( let's say 50 million...50 million never hurt anyone, right Tom

Tom: No, I believe it hasn't

They have cheated at everything their entire careers...They still set pick plays every down because Marsha can't throw over 10 yards, They hold every play, and nothing is ever called

I believe this to be true

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don’t want to see Ben go, I’m dreading the day when it happens... I’d like to see him make one more serious run without tweedle dee and tweedle dumb (Antonio and Leveon).

Unfortunately, if Mason goes gang busters this year there is no way Ben’s starting job is safe, which will be tough to see. But that is life, it is inevitable.

And in some ways it might be worse if Mason doesn’t play well, cause that means we need to draft yet another QB. If that happens I say not to draft one until Ben is done.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  16. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    This may be the first time I’ve ever agreed with you on anything

• Like Like x 1
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    You must walk a lot! It's about 4.5 miles from his childhood home to 3 Rivers Stadium. It is primarily downhill though.:smiley1:

18. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Both ways

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steeler fans: "Ben doesn't need Brown or Bell! He makes the players!"

Ben in 2019:

homer.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Correct, he would have been gone.

21. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    If Mason wins 6 games... Welcome to the Rudolph era!

I love Ben and supported him through all the ups and downs, but he has taken a lot of punishment over the years. 38 coming off a throwing arm surgery is not looking too good for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't forget you can't touch/sack Brady without receiving a 15 yard roughing the passer. Real easy to play QB when you have nothing to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Lets be honest here about Ben.

Per his own admission, his offseason regiment is basically nothing. This explains why he starts off so slow at the start of the seasons.

Now consider the injury he has. Its basically Tommy Johns which is hard recovery and rehab. Do we honestly think Ben who doesn't put in the work and has a history of not putting in the work is going to all of a sudden decide to now put in the work to come back from this? Also keep in mind that the odds are not in his favor either. Most athletes who have this surgery are never the same again regardless of age.

Im pretty sure Ben has played his last game not just as a steeler but as a professional Athlete. Love the guy but nothing about him or his history makes me think he will recover from this.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'm ready for new leadership and new management.

We'll see how Mason does, but he is going to be brought down by this uncoordinated rudderless defense led by Boceefus Dadgum Butler.

Butler has the core players on D now, if we lose the next two and Mason is playing well, Butler needs to be fired.

I think with Mason in there, Randy will run a more balanced offense with some actual running. Something Ben seemed to have an allergic reaction to.

Good luck Mason! Looking forward to this game.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Forgot that part