1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eddie Money Dead at 70

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Sep 13, 2019.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    For all you old timers out there, great Pop 40 music from Eddie over the years. His lead guitarist went to my high school and my brothers knew him pretty well. Got to see him once in concert, also on the billing was Paul Rogers (Bad Company, Free). Fun concert with lots of familiar hits played. If you check out this article below be sure to scroll below the article where they do a run down of other rock music related folks who have passed in 2019 - some very obscure but recognizable bands spanning time since the 1960's.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-money-dies/

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, I'm an "old-timer"? I liked Eddie Money though, to be honest, I only heard what came on the radio. RIP!

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Loved Eddie Money!
    Seen him in concert twice.
    Good guy

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Eddie Money had some monster hits in the day. He features a decent amount in the soundtrack of my youth. Sad news. It seems we only learned he was sick a week or 2 ago.

And now Ric Ocasek has passed away at 75. Another mainstay on the radio during my impressionable years.

I really hate to find out who #3 will be. There's always 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Seems like a lot of the old timers are still on the touring circuit, especially with all the buzz about Woodstock's 50th anniversary as well as many other notable groups - just in last 3 weeks went to 4 concerts (3 at Greek Theater in LA) and saw Bryan Ferry (Roxy Music), Justin Hayward (Moody Blues), Steve Miller Band and Robert Fripp/King Crimson - each of them is between 73-75 years old now and all performed quite well. First time seeing Miller and King Crimson since 1969. Amazing how some singers and axe men can still carry on and entertain after 50+ years. Perhaps the best of them all and a second billing with Steve Miller was Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives - a rockabilly, country, bluegrass extraordinaire performer. Unexpectedly, one of the best musical acts I've ever seen.

But yes Ray, they are all dropping like flies these past few years.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Marty Stuart? Does he still have that girly haircut and talk about how he knew Johnny Cash? I liked his collaboration with Travis Tritt.
    Somehow, Keith Richards keeps going...…..

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And yet Keith Richards lives on at 212 years old. RIP Eddie...loved your music!

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh yeah, he got hair upload_2019-9-18_11-54-7.jpeg and I did find out from guy next to me that he was once married to JC's Daughter and played in JC's band. Did a killer version of Ring of Fire. He did a solo version of Orange Blossom Special on guitar which I thought would be impossible without fiddle and mandolin and yet he replicated each part perfectly on guitar. Very impressed and surprised I'd never heard of him.

He did remind me of someone though [​IMG]

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I just wish I still had that much hair!

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ain't that the truth............[​IMG]