1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Reindeer and duck boy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Sep 15, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well mason probably gets more prep time then most with Ben taking wed. off. He gets all the reps that day with the receivers and the coaches. Mason is much more of a traditional qb I think then lamar. Seems to have a good head on him as well. Not that Lamar doesnt. The future looks bright for now. Ben will be a hard act to follow. :cool:

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like his confidence and charisma.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well considering Jackson couldn’t throw the ball 10 yds last year successfully to where he is now. I can see MR improving significantly as well. He’s confident in himself and he wants it and seems more than willing to put in the work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If our defense could hold teams to 20 and under, Mason could win as many games as Lamar.

5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Was going to say the same thing.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    His attitude from the time he was drafted is to become the starting QB.
    Some say that is cocky or arrogant, or maybe he's just that confident.

He doesn't play scared. I think he will play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, since he fell in the draft.

He also didn't let that INT bug him, of course not his fault, but a lot of young guys an INT like that one, messes with them.

I'm not expecting a Rookie Roethlisberger type story.

A good defense and running game helps a young QB, and this team has neither at the moment.

So Mason has lot on his shoulders. Best possible outcome is that he meshes with Juju, and recreates some of the college magic he had with Washington.

The benefit is our line seems to pass block well, so it will give him time to throw.

But we need to rediscover our running game. Lackluster and horrible is pretty much the best way to to describe it.
    Not sure how we have 3 pro-bowl linemen, and a pro-bowl RB and it's this bad after two games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think a big part of the struggle running the ball right now is because there’s no commitment to it. The OL needs to get in a flow as well. Maybe with more plays under center and more play action and a bigger commitment we will be a lot better than what we’ve seen so far.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Just like Ben struggle throwing, the kid came in and threw the ball. Snell and Samuels seemed to run alright. When Ben was in we couldn't run it. What's the difference? Same offense.:cool:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well it's official. Our newest super hero duo of reindeer and his side kick duck boy. Do us proud you two.:applaud::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    True. I'm wondering if subpackage football is hampering that as well. They are dressing two TE's and using Banner as an extra blocker while they are moving pieces in and out of their sub package defense and that is a mess. Dress Gentry, line up in jumbo and then work play action off of it.

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Grimble is a better blocker at this point. The extra OL is usually a good option as well. I think play action will help tremendously. The less predictable the better.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The only problem I have with Banner is that it is sort of a tell. They don't vary it up much when he is in. I'd have Grimble and Vance on one side and run that way a few times with Gentry by AV then just sneak him out into the flat and hit him. Or have him set the pick for Juju.

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We don’t like using 2 TEs I doubt you would see 3. We could always make AV eligible. He was a receiver at Army

We could also use Vance in a H back role since Nix is out. Getting Vance on the move could be beneficial

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    grimble did line up as a lead blocker one play.:cool:

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I love reading some of these threads with the gift of hindsight!