1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Ramsey .....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Sep 16, 2019.

1. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Would you pull the trigger on a trade?

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Cost would be to high both cap wise and draft picks. Is his attitude just because he is unhappy in Jax, or will this follow him (do not need more drama. The Steelers (unless they find magic) could end up with a top 15 or even to 10 pick next year. To many holes to fill, one guy is not going to fix this mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Only week two and players already asking for trades, 'they dont treat me right here,' the coach dont like me, ' we are a losing team.'. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.. Honor your contracts stop crying when things dont go thir way .... jmo

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    No he's like the AB of cornerbacks, talented yes, but full of drama and bull crap.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    No man, what’s the point? We aren’t one cb away from winning, we are like a dozen positions from winning. Trading for a wannabe Defensive AB is not a good idea. I want character guys that think about the team.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    This is how society is, when it doesn't go your way look for the way out and this isn't happening in the NFL
    It's the work place and people in general anymore.

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    What if you trade picks for him and he decides he wants to do what the crazy man did in Oakland?

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Not my society i refuse to be aprt of it... lol

I would say i blame ole 44th But i believe its against the rules .. lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    No, if anything I think you trade a few guys to see if you can get a couple late round picks from contenders that have lost to injury. Bud, Burns, Hargrave being possibilities. I would said Moncrief as well but you'd be lucky to find someone that would take on his contract and possibly get a seventh-round pick out of it. This is most likely a lost year.

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Good observation. It is way more than just a professional sports problem.

And to answer the OP's question; No, no way in hell. The bad would far outweigh the good and as others have pointed out, his presence isn't going to put this team over the top anyway.

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow, tomlin has been coaching so long here that he has you all ... living in y'alls fears ... lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Fully concur with Troybellringer here. Add me to that list as well. Ironically enough, for the first time this decade, cornerback is actually not the issue. That being said, Jalen Ramsey is not needed here.

Before anyone disagrees with me on this, I said in my first year here in 2016, that Jalen Ramsey is a talent once seen every generation. He is a prodigy, like few I have ever seen. Hybrid defensive backs like Cameron Sutton or even Minkah Fitzpatrick himself have Jalen to thank as he ushered in the next generation of corners; not just skilled in outside responsibility but also being able to play both safety spots. Keep in mind he was also ranked as the best Free Safety and best Strong Safety in addition to being rated the best Cornerback from his class if I recall. That is something I do not believe I will see in my lifetime again.

Heck, he still is a generational talent. I despise using the term "Shutdown Corner" as today's rules make that impossible. That said, Jalen is the closest thing we have ever seen since Champ Bailey in his prime.

However, despite this, HECK NO. As Troybellringer already stated, take what you know about "Mr. Third and Fifth" and make him into a corner. Really?!?! No thanks. Count me out.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Nope. Not me. My issue is not Tomlin.... YET. My issue squarely lies with Keith Butler. Heck, he barely uses T.J. Watt correctly as it stands anyway!! What would adding a generational talent do?! Nothing!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We need help at safety, not corner.

• Like Like x 1
  17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow ... we got Fitzpatrick

• Like Like x 2
  18. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Nope. Don’t care how good he is. I don’t want anymore attention whores

19. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    After the Fitzpatrick trade, I guess any wonder about Ramsey is over.

Even if it's not, and assuming we're still looking for help from outside (which I largely doubt, since we ran out of ammunition by trading picks for Bush and Fitzpatrick), I'd rather like to see the Steelers going after a big name WR than Ramsey, we need more help there (our receivers).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Posts like this makes me wish there was a double agree option

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ramsey showed up to training camp in a brinks truck, so you know he's looking for a huge payday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Ramsey is talented but attitude wise he is a mini AB. Not sure we want the drama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You have it - :this!::this!:

24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Nelson is good
    Haden good
    Fitz good
    Sutton seems he will be ok

Only weaknesses may be Hilton and somewhat Edmunds. Maybe this D can be top 10

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It needs to start clicking for Edmunds, then we can focus on the ROLB. Develop a package where he is not on the field so much.

• Like Like x 1