1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben and Conner to have MRI’s...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 15, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I feel a lot better seeing how Mason played today if Ben is out for only a few games and not long term. I think he is capable of winning games for this team. If Conner is out guys like Samuels and Snell gonna have to step up. Snell had one carry for 23 yards today and never touched the ball afterwards hopefully that changes moving forward.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    When Ben started his first season with Steelers he had some damn good NFL players beside him. Mason not so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I'm fine with Rudolph being the starter for the rest of the season. There's no reason to keep hanging onto Ben, we're not a contender. Stop wasting everybody's time.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I think Samuels is a better weapon than conner. Snell behind the starting line could be good too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Conner is glass and yeah Samuels looks better

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Samuels game vs NE was better than any game conner Played all last yr.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love to see how Mason does at the helm. Sit Ben and let him rest, go with Samuels and also see what Benny can do. We play these guys to play and in our situation what do we have to lose. I also think Conner has a glass jaw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A B/u coming in and playing nicely for his first game is not unusual as the opposing D really had no prep for him. That said, this is the first time in years I feel the team has a real shot at getting behind their BU and winning a few games (if it comes to that). Mason look poised and ready for the challenge, not expecting much, but will be interesting to see what he actually has. What he has shown (a very brief sample) is the possibility of being a pretty decent NFL QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Once he settled down a bit I thought the offense had better pace and looked sharper with Rudolf in there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    At the very least it was nice to see a QB who realizes that he needs to work at getting better and not just go out and play sandlot ball.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Spoken like a fan who hasn't noticed the way Roethlisberger has changed his game in recent years. There is plenty to criticize about him, but to suggest that he hasn't worked to improve is inaccurate.

That injury did not look good. It wasn't from contact and it was a sharp pain every time he tried to throw. The Steelers also left him out there to try to play with it too long. The way he was grabbing his arm after every throw makes me think he was making a bad situation worse. I'd be surprised if there isn't at least some sort of partial tear in Roethlisberger's elbow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Mason looked very good and poised at home. Assuming BB's out for a while, next week will be a challenge for him with a cross country road game and the opponent will have some tape on him. He made some passes today that I'm not sure BB would have, injury or not. Strangely, right now QB doesn't seem to be the biggest concern for this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Qb is ok but... everything else but boz, watt, Nelson is bad lol

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The KDKA sports team was giving Paul Zeise crap because he said Rudolph should start the rest of the season.

I don't think it sounds so crazy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a Pete Carroll as a coach. MT do you feel inferior the last two weeks? Fichtners offense doesn't seem near as bad as most thought. We are not that far off if some moves are made. 2020 is not just the year, it's perfect vision art. :cool:

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I liked a lot of what we saw from Rudolph, but don't forget most of his yardage came on two bad throws that his receivers bailed him out. He badly underthrew Smith-Schuster, who made a fantastic catch. The 17-yarder to Johnson was off, too, but the kid made a neck of a grab.

I mentioned this on another thread. One of my big concerns now is that Roethlisberger's injury might turn into an excuse for Tomlin. If this team misses the playoffs, Tomlin should be fired, but I'm betting that won't happen if the quarterback misses a big part of the season. Hell, they should fire Butler today, but they won't do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea this is gonna be a tough week having to go out west a place where Tomlin and his teams normally struggle and go out there at 0-2 with your back up QB and backup running back facing a Niners team that is 2-0. Things could really start going South for the season if the Steelers fall to 0-3. Starting 0-2 is gonna be hard enough to dig out of starting 0-3 is gonna feel almost impossible. These next 4 games against the Niners Bengals and Ravens at home and at the Chargers are now gonna be the season pretty much. The Steelers pretty much need to win at least 3 out of these 4 games and two of those three wins better be against both the Bengals and Ravens at home.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree. Some guys want to say our WRs aren’t getting open. They sure look like they were getting open for MR. one of Ben’s biggest flaws was/is not liking to throw on time. We rarely ever have times where he is throwing the ball to a spot the WR is supposed to be. He would be able to throw some timing type patterns to AB because I guess he trusted him that much but even then. Ben likes to throw to “college open” guys and our WRs aren’t getting that much separation without a threat like AB. It’s the reason why he holds the ball sometimes.

Rudolph was throwing the ball in time and on time. The flea flicker was a nice throw. Perfect no but the WRs should be expected to make plays too. It could of just as easily been way over or under thrown. I think he deserves more credit than blame for where the ball was placed. I think on the DJ one handed catch I would have to go back and look at it again. It looked like DJ was falling to the ground or slipped but it was another example of a timing play. When a QB is in sync with his WRs the ball is already on its way before the WR makes his break. That’s how timing allows WRs to get open....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ryand877

Ryand877 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    How bad was Conner limping after the injury when he walked off? Was watching out at a bar and missed the injury.

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As much as I think it's way to early to write Big Ben off yet.

He's hard to argue that in that 8 Quarters the offense played this season, 2 of the best quarters were with Rudolph.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The flea-flicker not a good throw. Smith-Schuster was wide open behind everybody and Rudolph underthrew it. That's why it had to be a great catch rather than an easy touchdown.

I like what I saw from Rudolph, too, but let's not get carried away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok

23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    well I rewatched it a couple of times and it looks like juju slowed down yet still had to jump to catch it so it was not badly underthrown, just wasn't perfect in motion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    An elbow injury ended bradshaws career, Terry Bradshaw was bothered by elbow problems throughout the latter part of his career. He had surgery before the 1983 season and missed the first 14 games. When he
    finally did play on December 10, he threw a 10 yard touchdown pass to Calvin Sweeney against the New York Jets, but injured his elbow again and never threw another pass.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If this ends ben career were on the hook for 30 mill injury guarantee in dead money, and he got a 37 mill signing bonus, dont know if we can get any claw back on that bonus money but likely they could try....