1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitt football's best home game this decade and for past decades?

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by saturdaysarebetter, Aug 19, 2019.

1. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hard to top that Penn St game. The Miami game at end of 2017 was sweet (pretty sure that was at home). Earlier decades would have to involve either West Virginia or Notre Dame.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Pitt has the same & goal from the 1 issues as the Steelers.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I was there yesterday saying the exact same thing. The play calling was befuddling at the end. Also after Pitt went up 10-7, you could feel and see the overconfidence in their players. A lot of extra circular stuff. Undeserved swagger. They acted like the game was only 30 minutes. They seemed to become undisciplined for a bit.

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The FG from the 1 was next level stupidity

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    All in all, Pitt played much better than I thought they could. especially on D. Can't believe they don't have a jumbo goal line package with tight ends or a tackle eligible on a boot leg. That play calling was sick. Not a single fan wanted to see a FG attempt in that situation. What made Narduzzi think they'd score a TD on another series after that if they couldn't do it with a 1st and goal? Pitt had a good chance to win this game unlike Steelers against Pats. :facepalm:

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Especially after they went for a 4th and 2 two minutes earlier near midfield. So on one hand you're saying that you don't trust your defense to get you the ball back, but two minutes later you're telling your defense that you need them to get the ball back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well Miami giving them fits today so far.

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Two weakest links with Pitt Football right now - QB and TE. RBs aren't much better but they're most likely suffering from a poor O-Line this year. Defense is amazing but can't be expected to prevail when O coughs up the ball 3 times and only kicks FG's. Pitt should have won that game easily on Saturday. Where do they find these QB's? Another irony is that Flacco may be the biggest name QB other than Marino to suit up at Pitt (albeit for a very short time). :facepalm:

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am very disappointed in my Pitt Panthers.
    I am not sure what needs to be done to get
    them into the conversation of meaningful games?
    I have no confidence in the current AD or football
    coaching staff, Real sad, I have enjoyed much pleasure over the years.