1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Bradshaw

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 12, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For those interested NFLNetwork is showing a football life this Friday at 10:00 PM EST.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Already have it set to record. I always love watching the way football used to be played. This will provide much attention to details. Unfortunately the game has changed far too much since then.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Bradshaw gets portrayed as less intelligent than other great QBs, but I believe its partly schtick. He seems to be right about his evaluation of Tomlin. What quarterback compares to Terry Bradshaw in today's game or in the last 20 years? Would Bradshaw be a successful quarterback in today's game? That's a pretty good mold, when there isn't a QB that compares very easily. Maybe Brett Favre compares. Roethlisberger actually has some of Bradshaw's traits. Bradshaw standing in a pocket and not being hit would probably put up similar numbers to today's QBs.

Swann's and Stallworth's stats would have doubled in today's game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Imagine BB with Swann & Stallworth

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We would be predicted for the SB every year just like we were with AB and LB and somehow come up short.

Although Swann & Stallworth under the new rules favoring offence would have about a billion yards receiving:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We would need it... Because our Defense would still stink

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Depends. Is MT still our coach? If so, the wasted years would reflect the same as when we had the killer B's.

How bout. Imagine if we had Chuck Noll in his prime during the Tomlin era.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    As long as he didn't let Ben call his own plays.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bradshaw called his....

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Actually if you think about it. Their careers were on almost the same path. Bradshaw won his first two SBs with a team built around the defense and running the ball ,as did Ben. When the defense started to age and falter the Steelers turned into a more offensive team and really started to take advantage of their star WRs and the passing game was much more prevalent. Unfortunately that’s where the trail went cold for the current team (miracle not withstanding) we weren’t able to stay on the right track with our stars.

11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Terry seems like the most unhappy guy to win 4 super bowls ever. I think he holds a big grudge for the franchise outside, of really loving Art Sr.

Seems like he holds a large grudge against Chuck Noll.

He's talked crap on Big Ben, Tomlin and lot of Steelers since.

I understand the fanbase didn't accept him very well the 1st 4 years of his career and he was pulled in and out of games a lot before finally settling in.

But let it go, you won 4 super bowls your in the HOF. Take the high road.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Steelers would have anywhere from 8-10 Super Bowls on display right now.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Was trying to refer to that, Maybe if Noll coached Ben up to run the offense he would be ok.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How many Super Bowls did Noll win without the steel curtain?:shrug:

15. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    If you watch the episode, he fully admits he went about everything the wrong way. He admits in his life he's been behind at every stage of maturity. He had been asked for many years to do this show and always refused because he knew the big story would be the rift with Chuck and the franchise. After much soul searching and reflection he was ready and he answers a lot of the questions. He was a guy that needed a lot pats on the butt rather than to be chewed out. Chuck was not the best fit for that although he admits Chuck made him much tougher. Terry also admits to having suffered from depression for a long time.

16. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Didn't like him then and still don't. I hated rooting for him but had no choice.
    To this day I refuse to watch the Fox Pre and Post game shows.

17. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    For me, Terry is a bit of a troubled soul. I think he has some real emotional issues. Not that that is a bad thing, I just think he is someone that needs someone in his life to help direct him.

Clearly he did not do the right thing in skipping the Chief's funeral and Noll's funerals. I know he said he did not like funerals and all of that, but it is/was the right thing to do. Just show some respect. Plus seeing and talking to some of the ex Steelers can't be bad for you. That is my only real complaint if at all.

Terry was hell of a player and those that were not around have no idea the beating this guy took. Different era, but there is not a QB playing today that could have stood up to the punishment this guy took in and out of the pocket. Most of his highlights only show his passing and not his running. He was a really tough guy who could hurt you with his arm or his legs.

Many also don't realize the arm he had. He held the National HS record for the Javelin up until a few years ago. I think at the time it was finally broken, it was the longest standing HS record on the books. He was so good that he would throw left handed in some of the meets just to give him something to do. No one could touch his arm strength.

In the end though, Terry seems just like a fun guy. I don't think he likes the business side of football and thinks it should just be fun.

I know and have always thought he was riding the dumb hick thing all the way to the bank and Howie in the segment last night confirmed my thoughts that he is just playing the goof for all that it is worth.

I like Terry. He is incredibly underrated when they talk about the greats. He would have a field day in today's game that prohibits most contact on the QB. But I guess he will live with it. Seems like he has a pretty good life. I can only wish him well and I hope someone close to him encourages him to attend some of these reunion affairs with the Steelers.

rutan

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He would be the same ol Ben ... inconsistent. You think Bradshaw almost got them both killed . . What would Ben have done? He probably wouldn't have lasted 3yrs in the league, with the way he hold on to the ball. He would've been fresh meat