1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Should we go shopping at Dolphins outlet sale?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Sep 13, 2019.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    So, it appears that Fitzpatrick is available.

If the price is a 2nd, I'd go right after him. Even a 2nd and a 5th (Dobbs anyone) could be a right price for a young playmaker that can actually disfupt an offense and has the potential to create turnovers.

Besides, now that it seems like the Dolphins have an open outlet sale, is there any other Dolphin deserves consideration?

IMHO, Davante Parker would be an upgrade over Montcrief...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The Steelers won’t do it. Their loyalty prevents it. Davis is our starter when healthy even over A healthy Kelly who I like better than davis.

I would love to have Minkah but I suspect Oakland to really go after him.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Yes...He is the only guy left on the roster I am interested in.

You bring him in and let the starters figure themselves out.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If the price is a 2nd, you have to figure that’s a 2nd we’d only be spending on yet another a DB who’s “a great athlete but a little raw” if we didn’t trade.

It’s a no-brainer to make an offer IMO.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mr. Ross the owner should sell the team, The black players won't play for him
    after he had fund raiser. They are not going to be hoodwinked by him.

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    We can but dream. I’d imagine they will want a 1st for him? At the very least he is worth a high second.

Fitzpatrick and Howard are the only assets they have left. Some tough years ahead for the fins.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don’t know... do we have room on our roster for another safety? We might have to let someone go who has special teams value.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

We should be all over Fitzpatrick. Get on the phone Colbert and get this done.

8ve been sxreaming for years that Safety is our biggest need and here is the gift we need

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I also doubt that a second-round pick would be enough. I wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers offer a two and a five.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Patriots exposed Kelly. Maybe he develops into something eventually, but right now he's not a competent NFL free safety. Davis is still disappointing, but he is far better than Kelly at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The Patriots exposed Edmunds and Kelley tried but wasn’t able make enough yards to make the play...... Kelley and Hilton had the right call and Edmunds missed it for some reason......

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree on both counts.

I'm not usually one to advocate trading too many draft picks, but we need to be realistic about a) current need and b) the likelihood of those picks being used effectively to fill that need.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Someone else will offer more. I wouldn’t be getting hopes up too high. Miami just got a kings ransom for Tunsil and won’t be letting another elite young player go cheaply. I’d imagine that his agent has been told he can seek a trade for a 1st plus another later pick, or maybe multiple second round picks.

Steelers safety unit is a worry, Edmunds / Davis are average to good between them but if one of them goes down for any length of time it’s going to be a big problem. Adding Fitzpatrick would be great but the team won’t give up a first for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s going to take a 1st round pick to get it done. If it’s us, it may be a 1st plus something else if a team expected to draft ahead of us also offers a 1st. To me it’s hard to resist. We’d be getting a very good, young safety with 3 years left on his rookie deal plus the option year. Heck, someone out there may up the ante beyond a 1st.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    And admit the failed approach that was kelly, burnett, allen and dangerfield. :cool:

16. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    And so far Edmunds. I know it is still early but he really looks lost, still no play recognition, no coverage skill and seems to be out of position a lot. Perhaps the Dolphins will take a straight up Edmunds for Fitzpatrick, that would be fair compensation.

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Im getting to the point where it doesnt matter who you put on our team, dadgum doofus is going to call a terrible scheme

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well like I posted. We have 7 1st round picks. Minkah would be another one. Maybe once we collect the complete set of 11 we can expect a respectable defense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Just what we need, more confusion and new players. The communication is lacking already, we need some stability amongst our defense. That comes from getting away from this revolving door. Edmunds and Davis need to keep playing together with hilton, haden, nelson, sutton to make a cohesive unit. He's in the first game of his second season, without the guy he played with all of last year. More changes to an already changed defense is not good. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Why would Miami want the guy you just described?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    agreed. As long as this coaching staff remains I can easily guarantee no super bowl. Why do i watch people may ask? Same reason I eat taco bell when I have IBS.. because im a dumbass lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there were a few on this board beating the drum for Mike Gesicki earlier. No clue what they'd want for him though.

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Not sure but I do know that no one rocked a sweatsuit quite like Duce. Cmon Duce make sweatsuits fresh again.

• Like Like x 1
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Like glasses at McDonalds, collect the whole set!

[​IMG]

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Good grief!

• Like Like x 3