1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots Success

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Sep 13, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    From the Tuck Rule, Adam Vinatieri, Malcolm Bulter's INT, to the Falcons blowing a 25 point lead, all of their SB victories were solely based on luck & opportunities IMO.

Even though Brady is a talented QB, all of their SB victories could've gone either way, just like the regular season/playoffs as well. Matt Cassel lead them to a 11-5 record, yet they still missed the playoffs. And on any given week, the Patriots either win or lose, depending on what happens during the game.

Finally, the bottom line is that they don't make costly mistakes as often as other teams. They also have discipline, except for AB, & even though they cheat/are favored by the refs here & there, who else is surprised that they never had an "off year", yet? Even the best of teams have an off year or two.

2. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's something I always wondered. It seems by general rules of probability that what they've been doing seems impossible. Most dynasties last around maybe 7 years in most sports. Idk sometimes I still think something doesn't smell right here.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Have you gone back and watched the Steelers 6 SB wins? Other than the complete domination over the Vikings in the 1st one (with little offense of their own point-wise), every one of those SB's were filled with twists and turns that easily could have gone either way. And while so many despise him at this point, but for #92's Immaculate Interception TD, Steelers lose that game to the Cards. It cuts both ways. Sometimes it helps to be lucky rather than just good. Wouldn't want to be a Bills or a Vikings fan. Lots of SBs between them without a single W.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    exactly.

There is no such thing as luck though, it's just a probability statistic. Patriots are like flipping a coin that keeps landing on heads and you thinking tails should definitely come up the next time, and it doesn't.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Belicheat is in a league of his own compared to ALL the other HCs the last decade. Doesn't hurt to have Marsha either.
    That's the problem for the entire league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    BB is obviously the kind of guy who takes something from every game win or lose and saves it for next time. He probably has a file on every team with tendencies, strengths, weaknesses, best players. He has it down pat if they do this we do this. Tomlin and Co don't know what to do when they do this.

It just seems like most other coaches in the league don't try that hard or are overwhelmed with the position.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They've had a gosh dang horseshoe up their ass.

How do you not run Beastmode from the 1
    Falcons just had to run 3 times up the middle and kick a FG
    The Tuck rule, started the whole run
    Dee Ford jumping off sides last year

They did end up on the wrong side of lady luck once, the Tyree helmet catch. I'd take that trade off though, remove 3 of their SB's an give them 1 back :hehehe:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Love em or Hate em They seem to get everyone drinking the same Kool-Aid!!!!! and if you don't your outta there!!!! that's what you need to collect those chrome plate Footballs on a pedestal!!! I'm a fan of the game and always have been I love good Football match ups where both teams are going at it and its decided by a field goal. They have this motto that says "The Patriots Way" and that simply states that if your not buying into the whole teammate concept get your arse out of town!!!! It was in full view Sunday night Tomlin in his usual stance: arms folded make numerous facial expression like he was constipated, where as Belicheat was taking notes, view photos and communicating with his team even though he was up by 3 scores 60 minutes. Folks get mad because they beat up on helpless teams they just play to their game plan that's all until the whistle blows. I hate the PATS because their that mosquito on our butts year after year and now their tied with the Steelers with Lombardi's!!!! The Steelers organization needs to get, that fire in their belly again and get back to a win,win organization and get that 7th Lombardi!!! Go Steelers

9. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I will never fully respect them as a great dynasty no matter if they get to 10 super bowls... Same with calling Brady the GOAT, I don't consider him because this team was caught cheating red handed. Call it sour grapes or whatever you want

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    F them. I only watched other games to scout out competition but we are so gd bad it’s useless. I ain’t watching anything. Our damn team has ruined football for me this year. They can go 19-0 or 0-19 idgaf anymore

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Still fuming. We can survive losing some games, We can survive less then stellar play and coaching. We can't survive letting arguably the best WR in the game fall to arguably (or not so) the best coach and QB in the game. Brady is making sure AB knows his love he's practically kissing him in games and I don't blame he can't believe their luck. "I have Antonio Brown in my arsenal now!"

Our staff should have known of the possibility of this guy acting up enough to get out of loser land and get to Brady. I did.
    INEXCUSABLE!

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah this steeler team is testing my love of the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Let me just say that those 6-10 steeler teams that fought hard with no talent were way more enjoyable in the day

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm a fan of the game. So although I don't want the Pats to win, I do respect the hell out of them, especially Belichek. That man dumps top players and the team doesn't miss a beat. I simply don't know how that's possible, but it happens. If a great player wants too much money or causes any issues, he ships them out of town and the team keeps winning. They let players go before they're past their prime and they just keep winning.

Brady is not the GOAT, far from it. He fell into the perfect system. Without Belichek, Brady may very well be a nobody. The fact the Pats went 11-5 with crappy Cassell says it all.

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    I've said for a long time on any other team, Brady doesn't win anything. Why do you think he whined like a baby to Kraft when there were those rumors that BB wanted to get rid of him? Because he knows it too. Bernard Pollard got a lot of crap because he said Brady was a product of a system whereas Manning was the system but I find myself agreeing.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It just amazes me that one team that ascended from nowhere has made me so cynical to this league. But damnit, a team was not meant to win 6 championships in one "generation." And it being those arrogant Boston punks doesn't help matters.

• Like Like x 1
  17. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Better coaching and preparation. BB has a fuel that no other coaches do. He’s smart as ****. Watch him on the sidelines as he has play printouts in hand making notes. Dudes a football genius.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    And the Steelers should have been looking for the next great coach instead of wasting all this time. It's a copycat league. If they truly want to be a top franchise you must constantly look to improve every year. They don't take it seriously.

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm prob the only one here that still thinks this way.. but there is somthing going on with the Patriots 'there is no way they they are that much better than everyone else . Iwill nvr be convinced of that... how does every player in league's play deminish over time but Brady.... When was the last time he was tested for player inhancing drugs, Idnt rem him ever being tested , seems like players are getting tested all the time but u never here abt him being tested.... How many times has Gordon been suspended and the league keeps bringing him back 10? . they have players that have been indited for cocaine, letem play , Rape no problem letem play.. NO my friends there is somthing going on with that franchise .... And what gets me 95% of the league praises them including some of the members here ......Not me no sir !!! All that glitters is not gold

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You're not the only one. I go back and forth. Probability wise it doesn't add up. There have been dynasties yes but not ones that last well over a decade. It's almost like a magic trick where we can't see all the moving parts behind the scenes. I find it bizarre that other owners don't speak up. Or maybe they do? Like how aren't the Raiders crying foul, but nothing? For what reason would the league favor this team over all others?

Stepping away from the conspiracy angle, I do think their offense is pretty exotic and don't think other teams play it. And other coaches aren't cutthroat enough to stretch the rules the way BB does.

21. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Kind of a dirty move.
    Kraft says Gronk never handed in Retirement papers.

Patriots want him back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I watched that crap of a game last night. THERE IS ZERO CHANCE THEY WILL WIN ANYTHING THIS YEAR. NO WAY IN HELL THEY WILL MAKE IT TO THE SB, THEY WON'T EVEN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME. Brady sucks so bad this year. Their D is just ok, they faced nothing but crap offenses.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for the nightmare fuel.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2