1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Seattle Seahawks pregame thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 10, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    on to Seattle. I am anxious for this game because we need a win badly to get that bad taste out of our mouth.

Questions

Are we healthy? Haden/juju/watt/pouncey all with dingers
    Can we contain Wilson? limit Metcalf?
    Can our O-line rebound and do well against a good D line?

People seem to forget that Ben sucks butt first game of the season. Now lets add him working with a lot of new parts and barely and preseason.

defense has 4 new bodies. nelson, barron, kelly, bush. Need some time to gel but i believe this will be a good unit.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I expect to beat them . They didn’t look so good the other day and they’re traveling cross country, which is always difficult. Especially a 1:00 start. Then again I felt pretty good about being competitive Sunday night too

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    well we all get suckered into believing that it will be the day we are finally going to win at gillette lol. I don't care if we had an all pro team, we still lose. Coaching deficiency and preparation

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess I just assumed that the chip on their shoulders wasn’t a potato chip:smiley1:

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    This is not the second coming of the last time where the Steelers got embarrassed at the home opener by Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs a season ago. Granted, not many of us saw that. Russel Wilson is a great QB but he is not Tom Brady.

For that matter, unlike last season, we are better equipped to deal with teams that use zone blocking schemes and strench runs. That said, the offense NEEDS this #RedemptionSunday just as much as the defense does. For that matter, Alejandro Villanueva HAS to stonewall Jadeveon Clowney.

No exceptions! Go get 'em boys!! #RedemptionSunday time is now!! :herewego:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    AV looked bad, like he had no balance the whole game. Got pancaked on one play that I remember.

Steelers should watch how the Raiders handled Miller and Chubb. Took them out of the game mostly. Quick passes, strong running attack and had their O-line chop block.

And for all the AB drama, the Raiders came out energetic and stuck to their game plan. They played a good game and Josh Jacobs looked like a beast.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I saw nothing that tells me we win Sunday. Watched all of the Bungals Seachickens game. Both teams had much better play makers compared to our underachievers. Both teams coaches played very aggressively. Seattle traveling across the country should give the Steelers a bit of an edge but if Seattle takes an early lead the stadium will become complacent and virtually silent. As much as I can't stand Pete Carroll he will have his team prepared with a game plan. We have the Standard.

My God. What is happening? I'm starting to sound like Heinz.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    We need a more structured game plan on offense. It felt like Ben was free-wheeling it on Sunday.

Conner needs to be involved more. Nix and the TE's need to be used more in short yardage.

9. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I agree, I realize Ben wants to throw it on every down but we have no balance in our offense right now.

and unfortunately, Nix has been ruled out of Sunday's game with a knee injury...

10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We don’t need Nix to make a conscious effort to run the ball. Short yardage yes he’s very effective but we can use two TE sets and or a extra OL. McDonald is more than capable in a H-back role as well. I’m sure the Nix excuse is ready to go though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Ben tomlin and butler need to stop playing scared. The end

12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    My gut tells me we'll be 0-2 after this Sunday. I am trying to look at how we come out of this game with a win and I just don't see any phase of our game that can correct such huge issues in a weeks time. Its not so much a talent issue either. With a West Coast game after the Chickens we really need this win. I guess what I am saying here is that we need a miracle to happen. Hope I turn out to be pleasantly surprised. ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope. It was a :bscow: chip. At least it smelled and looked like one and everyone on the team was stepping in it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Mike Tomlin listens to his gut and he's 1 for 189 on challenges.

just saying...

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They're going to embarrass us on our own field. We have no excuse anymore. I've said this over the last 3 yrs. Ben is inconsistent and I don't even recognize this team anymore. No physicality, no sense of urgency, no heart,no pride, no honor, and above all ... no proven leader!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m thinking our offense is downgraded. So the only way to win is a big day for the defense and the offense scrapes together a few scores from a turnover or two. An ugly win in a low scoring game seems to be the only scenario IMO.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I still see a win for us,mostly because of the travel involved. I would also hope guys are supremely motivated since regular motivation doesn’t seem to be enough for us to win. They have to jump out early before Seattle gets into a flow. I have a bad feeling that if it’s close at halftime Seattle will wake up. Wilson is deadly with his legs and outside the pocket. They could basically roll out and bootleg us to death. We have been terrible defending that aspect for quite some time.The fear of contain may force our OLBs into a more cautious approach and if Watt can’t go...yikes. Gonna need a big, big day from our expensive bookends. Should be interesting. I know there’s no must wins this early ....but this is a must win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Hopefully Davis is back and can run and change direction.

Ola gets chickillo off the field.

VW doesn't cover a wr ever again.

When a team runs crossing routes all game, you make the receiver pay. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I don't know if we'll win, but I think this is a much better game than Sunday. I think it's close, Ben finds a rhythm and the defense punches the Hawks in the mouth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    At least our WR1 didn't allegedly rape someone, so that's nice.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Seattle game is my last on DirecTV. I'll be streaming Steelers games from here on out.

Seahawks are gonna whip the Steelers if they don't establish the run and LBs don't contain Wilson. It's gonna be another torture fest like last Sunday. I've already prepared myself for disappointment.

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    we respond well after losses like last week. If we suffer another one then season is over because this team has nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree, because Steelers will be 0-3 after SF game and terrible in September. I don't see them responding well this. I think it's gonna be more of the same... trying to pound the square peg into the round hole. Throwing when we should be running... with multiple 3 and outs. Defense giving up a lot of splash plays, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Anybody watch the Hags/Bungles?
    Did they shut down Mixon or did Cincy just give up on the run?
    Cincy had some terrible run stats last game.

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Notice some say the travel involved will help give us a W. That is fine but does the travel involved when we go to San Fran. help give us a L:(