1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And as I continue to think about it, I can't help but wonder if this didn't play in to his antics in Oakland.
    Think about it.....he's on thin ice and knows that this is coming in the next week. If it does, Oakland can cut ties with him and owe him nothing. So lets ramp up the antics EVEN MORE so that the Raiders release me and I can get one last chunk of cash before the **** hits the fan. :hmm:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The way the Pats constructed the contract, AB isn't getting anything :lolol:

3. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    He did get $1M. Plus however many weeks he shows up before they suspend/release him.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought he got a 9M signing bonus?

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He hasn't played a game for them yet. Same situation with the Raiders.

NE protected themselves pretty well in that contract. I think they just lose a million as Bobby pointed out above.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think it's more of a powertrip/ego thing rather than just sex

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Statement released by NE. They are in a wait and see pattern but they have to be thinking they can just walk away from all this.

“We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place.”

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it was a $1m signing bonus plus a $5m & $4m roster bonus based on certain dates he's on the roster.

Wonder if the accuser was a Steelers or Raiders fan?

9. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    "Pay attention in school."

:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Even though they probably will eventually walk await, I admit I thought they would have released him by now. They don't need this headache drag out all season .

Most fans I know didn't want him in the first place and are now clamouring to cut him.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    But how could they not know and why even sign him at all if they knew this was coming? Doesn't really add up. "The Patriot Way" blah blah blah and the FBI level security team they supposedly have.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No worries, somehow this will all be Ben’s fault!

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

If she’s lying, she’s putting up a good front. Don’t be surprised if more come forward. If AB really did this, it’s usually not an isolated incident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    If nothing else he should be suspended for posting his comments to her..
    That's a not a good look for the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    How do you all think AB going to like this? :cool:

16. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    "He did not add to the statements that Brown and his accuser provided."

This almost reads like a press release. I swear these reporters carry the Patriots water.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm skeptical of her story, if it happened the first time, then why is she still going back and training him?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Another nugget from belicheat's press conference: he's already tired of all the questions! Just getting started Bill, just getting started :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Which is why I think they went the civil court route. AB's public image already leaves a lot to be desired and his previous behavior towards the mothers of his kids make his accusers story that much more plausible. This day and age they aren't going to be able to hide behind her agreeing to sex on previous occasions, her attorneys will focus on his demeaning actions towards her and the fact that she did say no at least once.

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The power dynamic in the abuser/victim relationship is a complex and strange thing. Often times the victim is conditioned into thinking just what the abuser wants them to think. That when they say no one will want you ever except me, they will believe that and it takes years to overcome it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think there was consensual stuff between the two of them, right now it looks like a money grab IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    It could be a money grab, it could be that she said yes to sex many times but if she said no once that is enough to haul him into court before a jury made up of at least 6 women and he will lose.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Popcorn, get your popcorn here!

[​IMG]

You can cut the tension in that room with a knife. I said it earlier and havent seen it posted anywhere until a reporter brings it up in his questioning......AB knew last week that this was coming and kept quiet about it to the Pats. They signed him and traded Thomas without knowing when he full well knew what was going to go down. Kraft and BB have got to be absolutely LIVID. This is going to end badly too. And quickly. Im making the call now that AB never plays a down with the Patriots either.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh and watching it further, Drew Rosenhaus knew too. Very bad look for him as an agent. Guaranteed 1000 times Kraft and BB's blood pressure are through the roof. Extremely unethical. Other owners are watching and this is going to damage him professionally.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That would be the best possible outcome to this whole sorry afair, karma biting Brown AND the Pats in the ass.