1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    the Steelers should trade Ben. The buccaneers with arians would for sure the first place I’d look because Arians and Ben are boys and they’re in need of a QB and also they are outside of the AFC. Look this seems crazy, but I don’t think Ben puts in the work conditioning wise or film study wise. He’s not hungry in Pittsburgh anymore. His body language implies he has checked out. This goes back a few seasons with the retirement talk , saying he doesn’t have it anymore etc. I’m not sure what we have in Mason and have been a critic of him , but he looks much improved based on preseason and i know he is a student of the game and has fire and wants to compete. Just when I hear mason talk he has a confidence and a desire to be the guy. They should look to do this in the off-season no matter what the dead money is. Try and start stacking picks. Masons deal will be up if Ben sticks for the best of his contract I’m pretty sure. That’ll be a mess in it’s own right and a controversy.

• Disagree Disagree x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not an attack on you 304 but we hear this every year how Ben has lost it, doesn't want to play, doesn't work for it and then all he did last year was put up monster numbers.

The only time I will be calling for Ben to step down is when his physical abilities decline. I thought that moment was here a couple seasons ago but he bounced back. He had some very bad passes last year but he is still the best chance for this team to win.

I bet he is even more motivated than ever this year now that AB is gone.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This will go well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Trade 304. :smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Starting next week;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    After ONE game? Ah, the FF generation!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    30 mil plus in cap space to score 3 points. His deep ball accuracy looked significantly worse last year, and that trend has continued. He makes a lot of bad decisions with the ball. Lead the league In INTs. Threw for 5k yards but a lot of that was YAC. He lead the league In short passes. Get what what you can for him in the off-season. I can see a decline in him mentally and as well as accuracy. he looks lost or like he doesn’t care. It’s not just one bad game. You’re fooling yourself if you think otherwise imo

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He didn’t look good Sunday but, I’m sure the butter-fingers receivers had nothing to do with it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Doesn't Brady make a living off of short passes?:cool:

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He starts slowly every season, in part because Tomlin still hasn't figured out that his starting offense might need some work in the preseason. The only argument I can come up with right now for the possibility that the Steelers bounce back from Sunday's stinker and contend for anything in 2019 is the presence of Roethlisberger.

I get the overreaction. Due to the sheer level of stink wafting off that team in the opener and the injuries, part of me already wants to write this off as a last season. That said, it's just one game. I've got serious concerns, but it's way too early for takes like the OP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That is another important point. Moncrief killed the drive before the half with a drop on fourth down, then dropped a touchdown in the third quarter. They still probably lose badly, Moncrief's poor play isn't Roethlisberger's fault.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Looking on here, it must be his fault! Or Tomlin’s

13. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    He made some really good intermediate to deep passes. He also makes a living off winning championships and being an unselfish superstar. Brady will hand the ball off 5 times in a row, not check into 5 wide on 3rd and 1. He also keeps himself in shape and studies hard. I hate the pats as much as anyone but Brady stays on top of his game at all times and doesn’t sling it deep out of bounds 15 times a game . Ben has an issue taking what the defense gives him. Moncrief was god awful but he is for sure isn’t the reason for 3 points . Maybe the Steelers snag 6 points or 10 points if Moncrief could catch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Given that he dropped a touchdown on a very good throw from Roethlisberger, Moncrief was a factor. The Steelers took a major hit at receiver with Brown gone and they are going to take some time to adjust. The coaches foolishly failed to give them much time to do that in the preseason.

Roethlisberger isn't Brady. It's not close. They are both Hall of Famers, but Brady is arguably the best quarterback in NFL history. To say he should be traded because he isn't on Brady's level makes no sense.

It was one game. Calm down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    When my kids bring home a C on their report cards, I'm kicking them out of my house.

Like seriously what have you done for me lately.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect Roethlisberger would retire rather than be traded. Therefore, he has no trade value.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015

Ben is a HOF Qb no doubt. So play like one. It’s more than one game. How many playoff wins since 2010? How many “Ben stinker games “ have we had to endure? When did I say he’s not tom Brady trade him? Maybe mimic a guy like thats worth ethic and determination.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    There are sites that are set up to rub one out over Brady, this isnt one.
    Signed Ben & built the team to contend for the next few years & your ready to start the rebuild now? Don't blame Ben, blame the front office.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015

That’s exactly how professional sports are. We aren’t talking about school

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not much return value I suspect. Probably just get some Browns fan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

need it now.. adrenaline junkies lol

22. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    This team has a lack of talent in a lot of areas and he fans refuse to admit it, it’s not a team built to contend and it has suspect coaching. I don’t have those fantasies about Brady but I can recognize the huge difference in the approach to the game between the two without it being creepy man

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    McDonald and Johnson too. Easy catches need caught. :cool:

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I get it man. We all want to win. But, I think #7 has been given the right to leave on his own terms for what he has done for the Steelers over the years.
    He may be older, not have as many weapons, but Ben can still right the ship.

As a kid I saw this franchise struggle to win a Super Bowl because they had everything but the QB. Don't take Ben for granted, it's not always easy to replace guys of that caliber.

Bills been trying to replace Kelly for forever
    Jets been trying to replace Namath (for like 40 years)
    Dolphins replacing Dan Marino

The list goes on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And Cleveland has had so many Begats it’s like reading the first chapter of Mathew.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2