1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Prty much, and if we do there will be 100 diff threads on this forum where someone is talking abt AB and the Pats :facepalm:

2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

You're missing the most important fact
    12/16/18- Steelers 17 Pats 10
    9/8/19- Steelers 3 Pats 33

Steeler- 17 Pats- 10 > Steelers- 3 Pats- 33

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL so you're just posting facts that have nothing to do with your original argument now huh. Your goalposts are going to end up in London.

It is tenacity and you haven't been close to right since the Raiders fiasco shot your argument to hell.

Another important fact

Heinze > Gillette

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Perhaps we get a new thread started titled. "I was more right about AB than you were", and petty battle of egos can continue there, while allow the rest of us to avoid the endless litany of "yes I am, no you're not" posts

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Perhaps you just don’t enter the thread and misrepresent half the posters.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Scoreboard supersedes (imo)

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't know if its true, but i saw a article were a bunch of players wants to be traded from the Dolphins , following the loss yesterday ...

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    See if they can lift Gesicki away from them. Talent wasting away on that team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Based on the way they played who would want any of them:smiley1:

10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Now TMZ reporting Brown could do jail time if Oak and Gruden wanted to press charges against Brown for illeagly recording the Gruden conversation .....

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok, it's time to move this thread to General NFL talk.

AB is no longer a Steeler. And we're not playing the Patriots this week.

We let this go on in Steeler talk long enough. Now that the season is in full swing, and there's plenty of relevant grievances to air, this just becomes a distraction.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    God Bless You Ray! And using your logic about who we're NOT playing this next Sunday, would you please consider moving all threads regarding the opener game to perhaps the Flea Market Trash Heap Classifieds so we can get that quickly to the rear view mirror? :beg:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope they do, more so to punch the Pats in the nuts than anything else.

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

They wont, they dont have the ball's... Gruden already said he thought the video was cool:rolleyes:

15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Glad this thread moved.... Thanks.
    Saw on twitter that AB's contract was structured as $1m guaranteed + 9m in roster bonuses, and 1.5m (each) bonuses for surpassing last years 1)receptions, 2)yards 3) TD's..... which is friggen hilarious.... missing game 1.... on a team that already has edelman..... NO WAY he surpasses 105 receptions and 16TD's and 1300 yards in 15 regular season games in a new offense.... :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If the Raiders fiasco is fair game, so is Brown ending up on the Patriots. I'm not moving the goalposts at all.

The facts I am adding are things that happened since the trade. You and others were doing that during his time with the Raiders, yet somehow it isn't fair game for me? That isn't moving goalposts at all. That is using the same rhetorical tactics you use.

If you want to go back and wipe out everything that has happened since the trade, I'm fine with that. The facts work for me there, too.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, you are reinventing your entire argument but I don't care. You'd gain a little respect around here if you just said you know what guys, I got this one wrong, AB is nuts.

But you do you, Scribe. Whatever works for you.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Antonio Browns contract only guarantees $1M and the most that he can make this year is $8.5M.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/09/theres-a-20-million-wrinkle-in-antonio-browns-patriots-contract/

In addition to that, there's incentives to make another $4.5M if he equals his production from last year....... 105 catches 1298 yards 15 tds.......which there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that he will get in 15 games in that system.

It will be interesting to see how he handles it late in the year when he's trying to hit those incentives and TB is spreading the ball around to everyone else.

Very smart contract by the Pats

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That video on youtube when he gets the call that the Raiders released him was sickening. Wish he slipped and broke leg.

I agree with the talking heads who say he won't be in NE come week 10.

20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Anybody want to start a poll of when you think AB will get kicked out of NE? Maybe criteria to guess correctly should be the day he is cut or asks for a release.

21. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Someone help me out here. I saw some tweets talking about an Brown getting 20 million guaranteed at the end of the season or next season. Is this an extra 5 million on his deal with the Pats or is it 20 mill in addition to the 15 million? If it is the latter how is the league not stepping in and saying yeah we can't allow this. You can't scorched earth your way out of 3- million guaranteed in Oakland to a better situation in New England where they are going to give you 35 million but after the season and so you won't blow their cap to hell and back. I can't imagine they want to allow that to set a precedent.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thank you Ray, long time coming.

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    $20M is an option year for the Pats, next season.
    This is a little different than the link that I posted, but very similar. Still the FULLY GUARANTEED money is only $1M. Seems that other 'signing bonus' money is tied to something else (like showing up every week as in my previous post, plus a $500K bonus). So 15 games X 500K= $7.5M + 500k bonus = $8M + $1M fully guaranteed= $9M + NLTBE bonuses ($4.5m) = $13.5M. Still $1.5M short though.

Structured very smartly by the Pats. Could be interesting though in regards to the NLTBEs. There's no way in hell he's getting them and it will be interesting to see how AB handles that, especially as the season wears on and it becomes increasingly clear that he won't get them. That's when things could get ugly. This could go either way.....he could make the Pats unstoppable or he could be working at Chipotle by Thanksgiving.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So i guess when he said he was only gona sign with a team on his terms was a lie also

25. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    No, I think that he truly believes that he will earn every penny of the $15M and that the Patriots will pick up the $20M next year, so he's better off.

AB has made his career about betting on and believing in himself, so he probably believes 100% that he can hit those numbers, even if reality says something different.

Also I've said it before, AB is the least self aware person that I've ever seen. He doesn't see it as a problem when he's skipping practice, late for practice, complaining about his helmet, threatening the GM, etc etc etc.......

It is always that he's misunderstood or it's someones else's fault, so in his mind, when it comes to falling in line and playing the "Patriot Way" there's no reason why he couldn't do it.

Most rational people see him for what he is. He hasn't a clue.

• Agree Agree x 1