1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 2 Injury Report

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I didn’t think missing Sean Davis would be a big loss but apparently it is. Need him back over Kelly who proved he is no NFL starting caliber player.

TOMLIN mentioned that Pouncey Watt and JuJu all had some type of injury. Any 1 of those guys are hurt bad or even for a few weeks this team is on a one way ticket baby.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The worst part is the injuries to Watt, Pouncey and Smith-Schuster all happened after the game was out of reach. I admit I was wrong in thinking the offensive starters should stay in because they need the work. Leaving them in could turn out to be costly.

The defense needs Davis back badly. Kelly was awful last night. Sure, Brady can make anybody look bad, but Kelly really seemed to be lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep...Brady exposed an inexperienced player, What a novel idea...I wonder why we.........

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Welcome back disco. Disco will never die...lol

5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Thanks...Missed you Guys, Last night was as ugly as I can ever remember...1st game, long Off-season with all the BS..Bell& Chestio gone...Got Bush, got Nelson, got Barron, got Moncrief ( well )... Always high hopes

Last night was an embarrassment...No running game, no passing game, No pass rush...same missed assignments with slow LB's covering quick RB's, safties blowing coverages, Ben sucked, Moncrief really sucked, no Vance why

I know it's only 1 game but...When you make major changes, and play possibly the worst game we've played in years...With Tomlin with his arms crossed, kicking FG's..A.game that horrible, there was not ONE thing to look at the iPad, notes, individual groups or players, nothing! Crossing your arms and staring blankly will change things

I realize it is only one game but my confidence is shook...This Dude is not good at making adjustments...Think he needs to get on with his lifes work

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Can’t argue with any of that...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  7. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, Smith-Schuster was X-rayed after the game, but those tests came back negative and he is expected to be fine.

8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Any updates on Pouncy or Watt? Pouncy we could probably survive for a bit Watt not so much

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ugh....

Not knowing what Watt's injury is will be agonizing. Cannot wait until tomorrow. For that matter, there are not too many ways I can steer myself away from that.

10. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Looks like we can add Haden to this report. Even though he came back in the game they are saying he has a sprained AC joint.

You could argue Haden and Watt are the two most important defenders on this team.

Just keeps getting better. At least this could spell the end for TOMLIN

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The transfer of Elliott to the 53 tells me tj may not be playing. Chickillo may be starting. Ouch. I hope ola is back. I like Elliott over chick but that won't happen. KC should have kept skipper or Elliott over chickillo. Or both. Checkbook should never have been offered that much money. Now we are stuck again.:cool:

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good news, some limited participation early in the week but all expected to play except Nix.

Didn't even know he was hurt, suffered a knee injury.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder how effective Haden can be with the shoulder injury. I was hoping people were overreacting on Watt because it was a hip. Perhaps it was something really minor and they took him out because the game was out of hand.

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Not practicing Wednesday was Pouncy Haden and Nix.

Davis JuJu Watt And Edmunds were all limited.

Looks like Nix will miss a few weeks let’s hope everyone else can get in a full practice on Thursday.

15. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Looks like Pouncy and Haden are in trouble. Obviously Nix is out. Everyone else seems to be good to go.

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I really think he is stuck in routine mode and in over his head. Has anyone seen him engaged in the game even close to other coaches? Other coaches are calling plays, looking at photo's, holding meetings with decision makers and players, anything? I have not. Once in a while he'll go back and congratulate someone on a good play he saw as a spectator. Yes, a spectator. He is not leading this team and has delegated, it seems, all control of the game to the assistants/ coordinators. If you compare what MT does during a game to BB, then you see my point. How can he make adjustments when he is not actually engaged. He stands there like a dummy gazing up at the crowd or jumbo screen and listens to the game being run by others. He may as well be next to me in my man cave watching the game and having some beers. Then he double downs on dumbness with his press conferences. Canned phrases, cliche's, nothing of substance, its worthless. He says that we were not ready for prime time like its no big deal. That's a reflection on his getting the team ready over the past 6 months. He says things like that because he knows absolutely nothing is going to happen to him. Ben is the same way. Ben says he needs to play better, no kidding. He knows anything he says will not make a difference or will keep him from starting the next game. Its the fail, admit fault, repeat cycle.. I am standing by to see what the hell is going to happen with Wilson running wild at Heinz and hope somebody has a plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Unfortunately the Rooney’s have allowed the standard to become the standard. Right now this Steelers Standard is absolute trash and a once proud franchise is becoming a laughing stock of talking heads.

18. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Haden and Pouncy both returned to a full practice and both are questionable. Nix is out.

Pouncy said he was good to go so I believe the only true game time decision might be Haden with the AC sprain

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We need all hands on deck.