1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming schedule before the bye week..,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 9, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Seattle at home at San Fran Cincy and Baltimore at home, and at the Chargers. You better go at least 3-2 and probably need to go 4-1 in this stretch and win your two home games within the division with both the Bengals and the Ravens if you want to be in 1st place entering the bye week. That would put you at 4-2 and worst case probably tied for first at the bye week before 3 straight home games after the bye with Miami Indy and the Rams. The Ravens are probably gonna win at home this week against Arizona and start 2-0 so the last thing you need is to lose to Seattle at home this week and fall 2 games behind the Ravens two weeks into the season. This team can’t afford to start chasing this division two weeks into the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I know it was the dolphins, but the ravens looked very good. Hollywood brown may end up being on par with how good his cousin is.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers will be 2-4 at the bye. Wins will be at home vs. Bengals and Ravens.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t think they will lose to both Seattle and San Fran. Worst case they go 1-1 in those games. They need to go 2-0 and win both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I'm thinking 1-5, 2-5 at best. We might beat SF but the travel etc maybe not. Cincy should be ours, the rest we going to lose. Chargers & Ravens are a loss for sure.

If we go 1-5 (likely) I predict we will turn it around and give us all enough hope to end up 9-7 miss the playoffs and hear "the standard is the standard & we are going to own this, eat this, chew this and GTFO with that crap!)

So yeah I'm back to watching the Pirates lose, at least they don't pretend like they are trying to win.

6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We should beat SF and maybe the Bengals but that is it. This team will go 6-10 and if they fair better than 7-9 I will issue a public apology here. The only saving grace is a really bad season after last year might finally get Tomlin the boot.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As you can tell I'm an avid BUC fan. They sure the hell condition us to understand losing.

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The 1989 Steelers team that lost the season opener to the Browns 51-0 actually made the playoffs so I have learned not to panic after one game. They can still turn it around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am not panicking yet. Sorry @HeinzMustard I say we win the rest of the games until the bye. I think we have a better team than last year and what the first game showed us, but that can just be me clinging on lol.

we will never beat brady in gillette though. I'm serious, he can be 55 years old and we would still lose.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Imagine the Steelers in the AFC least,
    Getting beat twice a year just like the other 3 scrubs

11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'll believe it when I see it. Steelers will not be prepared for the Seahawks. Carroll is almost as good as Belichick when it comes to preparation and making adjustments. Tomlin will get schooled again on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Correct about 89 team, but that team went 5-11 the year before. So it wasn't that big of a shock getting whooped by the Browns in the opener.

I honestly thought the Steelers would compete better than what they did vs. Patriots. They looked bad... really bad... like a team that will be picking in the top 5 of next year's draft.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The schedule sets up well the next 8 games as the Steelers play 6 of their next 8 games at Heinz Field and the only two road trips they make between now and November 14th are to San Fran in 2 weeks and to LA to play the Chargers in mid October and then they have a bye week after. So this team is gonna be at home a lot the next 2 months and they have to win a lot of these home games between now and mid November.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    we will beat them. If we lose I will just give up on life lol

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    How the team does up to the bye will depend on how they react to last nights debacle. They need to do some serious soul searching this week, both management and players. Last night was not good enough on any level. They need to acknowledge what went wrong and move on from it as soon as possible.

A bounce back win v Seattle is exactly what is needed now and could set up a bit of a run. 4-2 coming in to the bye should be possible. I see a lot of people on the board like the Seahawks to beat the Steelers. I’m not convinced they are that good personally but we’ll know soon enough.

16. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They definitely looked bad.