1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Sep 9, 2019.

1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The past few weeks all you heard was How Tomlin did such a great job the past few years keeping this team together getting the most out of them....Just stop it media , if anythin last night's game proved to me that Tomlin just dont kno how to coach.. ( which we all knew ) .. But wow, i havnt seen them look this bad on a opening night in a while ....You never see Tomlin on the sidelines trying to talk to players to coaches , looking at notes, taking notes , WTH man DO somthing!.. When the camera show's him he just looks dazed and confused ..... I have heard the media say well week 1 is always a lie, making excuses for the teams they like, but i havnt heard them say nothing good abt our week 1......Sad thing is if we fired Tomlin today there is kno one the team that could be the interim.. Bottom line is i tried to give Tomlin the benifit of doubt but never again... the man just can't coach,
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Tomlin is an empty suit. An emperor with no clothes. All talk... and no substance to speak of or brag about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea his cliches and coachspeak after these losses like last night are getting old. We are gonna find out a lot about Tomlin this year though. Because like I said in another thread there is no Leveon Bell and AB distraction excuses that are gonna he used this year to give Tomlin a free pass. This team was 7-2-1 last year and missed the playoffs so Tomlin has a lot to prove this year that he can fix things and get this team back in the playoffs. If he can’t the Steelers really need to start thinking about making a change at the head coaching position within the next year or so whether Tomlin got a 1 year extension or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    He cant get the team ready to p[lay in week 1!! against the Pats, One of our biggest rivals,, I swear if someone throws the " well he has never had a loosing season at me" I think i might go to their house and punch them in the face :mad:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    I have watched every single one of our games for more years than I can remember. Not once have I seen Tomlin do remotely coaching things, like take a fing note. Belicheat looks like he is writing war and peace on the side line. They up by 30pts and this mfer is having huddles with every group, engaging in a presidential debate with his assistants and generally paying attention.

I'm going to ask this 1 question: How many SB would we have won if you replaced Tomlin with Pete Carroll, Belicheat, Harbaugh, McVay or Sean Payton??? With the talent we had I would say 4 at least and one of them might of been 17-0. Tomlin won 1 SB with Cowher's team, we all know it.

F this I'm out. I got work to do and I'm tired of being so mad fing 10 hrs later.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What was his reasoning behind kicking the fg when we needed 3 scores?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Tomlin had a very concise explanation:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    He said he wanted to get some points and feel good which was a **** explanation. Tomlin looked scared and had no answers and they had no push back in this game at all which is what concerns me and doesn’t set up well for a future meeting there this year if their indeed is one.

9. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I've watched many games over the years and I was always a big Tomlin fan and still like him as a person. But I said after last season that he's got one more year, as a fan I have to see something change. Maybe it was all the distractions and now that they are gone I wanted to see Tomlin lead and take this team to the next level.

But after last night I see nothing that leads me to believe that they will be anything but mediocre. They might win 8-10 games and barely make the playoffs but they just can't compete with the good teams. They just get out coached and out played on every level.

I'm sorry to say it but I agree at this point that Tomlin has got to go. The team is stale and we need new blood at the coaching level to get more out of our players and to move in a new direction.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The no push back is very concerning, it's like they just quit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Tomlin is trash. Been saying it for along time now. The game was over in the first quarter. There was no doubt in my mind at all. The pats didn’t do anything special. The Steelers just suck. His coaching is horrid. Can’t imagine the jokes in New England. I can hear Tom and Bill now. Wow that team sucks. And will someone please tell me where to tryout for the Steelers. This Switzer guy, lol what a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You can probably just go knock on the front door today for a walk on tryout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Bottom line is Steelers organization does not take coaching position seriously enough. You have to adapt in this league and they're still "Only 3 coaches in 50 years!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

like he said at halftime, "we just need to score points, the defense will take care of itself" ... Hello ??? earth to tomlin, r u ok there lil guy ???:blink:

15. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I am about as patient as fans come but I've reached my tipping point. As far as I am concerned Tomlin and Ben get the rest of this year. Win the Super Bowl or at the very least advance deep into the playoffs or blow this thing up and start over.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Having been a Steelers fan since the 70s, I've always taken pride in the fact that the Steelers just don't have a knee-jerk reaction to firing coaches willy-nilly, and know what it means to give a team time to build and grow into something, and that it doesn't just happen in one season.

And I've never been a Tomlin basher, other than some joke posts in the Caption This posts.

However, as much as I've tried to give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt for many years, I think it's becoming more and more apparent the he simply isn't the kind of coach that pushes anyone to be the best they can, and that he's just too soft on the team when it comes to practicing and wanting to win. He doesn't have the Eye of the Tiger and doesn't seem to know how to make his players hungry for victory, and I'm finally to the point that I won't be sad if the organization says to him that it's time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    It's been apparent for a long time. A decade of seasons wasted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games the last 8 years. 3 years we didn’t even make the playoffs 2 wins came in the same year. And I believe we lost in the AFC championship game that year. That’s not a whole lot of success. We picked up this year where we left off last year. Losing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Positivity...didn’t you hear

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I do have the Steelers winning against the Seahawks next week. Personally, I do believe it will be #RedemptionSunday. That being said however, should the Steelers perform lackadaisical again as they did against New England, I expect the "Fire Tomlin" chants to grow more audible; at Heinz Field and on this board the same.

Bonus?! After seeing this since 2010, sign me up on the "Fire Tomlin" squad as well should a repeat performance happen. Anyone know how long the lines are?! :lolol:

21. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea they definitely need to win this division and at least win one and maybe even 2 playoff game for me to want to keep Tomlin around moving forward. Missing the playoffs this year again cannot and should not be an option as far as the Rooneys are concerned in terms of keeping Tomlin around for the foreseeable future. They really gotta consider moving on if things go up in smoke this season. I’m gonna see how things play out though for now because it’s only one game and there is still a lot of time to turn things around and for the Steelers to have a good season. I think their schedule is very favorable here moving forward with the home games they have coming up seeing that they play 6 of their next 8 games at Heinz Field.

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    So if he does not kick the field goal game ends 33-0 lol.. No way this team was getting into the end zone . Not the way they played. Garbage offensively and defensively.. WRs running around wide open.

23. steel pride

steel pride New Member

Sep 9, 2019
    Boy you nailed it on all of your comments. You rock!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    We weren’t ready for prime time !!! We won’t live in our fears !!! This one dame won’t define us!!!

SHUT UP and do your job!!!! Stop standing on the sidelines looking surprised and confused...... go talk to your coaches, your QB, ....... Do Something!!!!

Brady on the sidelines studying!!! Ben on the sidelines watching his hero!! Belichekmate studying, charting and having sideline conferences with his coaches.... in the 4th qtr up by 30!!! Tomlin stands on the sideline shaking his head !!!!

Time to move on..... I’m finally a fire Tomlin fan...... in all in now

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I hope you plan in bringing Tom Brady to the team because without him nothing in NE pans out as well.

Sounds like the losses hurt you more than the wins feel good. You shouldn't let something out of your control let you get upset. Id seriously stop watching if I let sport impact me in such a negative way. We get very little to nothing if the team wins or loses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1