1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Camp started

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Jul 17, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Last year, on game day, they had 53 who would. They had one who didn’t want to honor his contract and one who didn’t like the tag rules he agreed to. I don’t think the 53 will strike for the wants of the two, or others like them. I do believe the owners will hold fast to correct the language that allows the few to cause problems. The players in the majority will be concerned with cap amount and benefits.

If there is a strike or lockout, I see it being a function of the union wanting part of the income they don’t get now.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure that’s what he was aiming at. The vast majority of the players are well paid. They know it. They don’t want to loose it.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Well paid by 'regular' standards, but for most players that window is very limited, and the 'throw away' attitude is very concerning. I understand in any industry, if you cannot perform you get let go. In the NBA, MLB, and NHL you get paid the entire amount of your contract regardless of how you perform, kind of ridicules that the Mets (and Orioles I believe) are still paying Bobby Bonilla, that is another story. I do believe the whole structure of contracts in the NFL will come under review of the CBU, will they be able to change it much? Doubtful, but an economy that needs to feed 53 players, and 1/7 to 1/5 is going to the QB, and large portions going to another chosen few, leave a huge motivation to the others that they want more guaranteed money for themselves. Most NFL players do not have those huge contracts or bonus money to fall back on. When they are not playing, they are not getting paid. No money coming in, when you have lived at a certain income level, puts you in a weaker bargaining position. The owners know this, will the players have the resolve to stick together, that will determine how much they get in negotiations.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    nfl network will be live at steelers camp Friday 3-7pm est.

• Like Like x 2
  5. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    It's almost here...I'm 54 and I still get excited for this...MY XMAS EVE.....sorry...NOT sorry..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah you never want to see someone injured.. losing an entire year before it starts would crush ya

7. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am not so sure about Butler who has trouble understanding current events.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    It wasn't because they didn't have talent. It was because they didn't have as much time as regular players do to prepare. There is a lot of talent that doesn't get drafted and end up doing pretty good. CFL may not be as popular in the US but they have some pretty good talent that would just love to come down and make what current players say isn't enough. I hope this never happens but if it does, with comparable preparation time as current players, the product on the field would be watchable IMO>

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Please lets get through preseason without major injuries. The hill we have to climb this year is hard enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Not to mention having the last name Butt.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    His family is actually pretty funny with it, they have some humorous jerseys/shirts, etc they wear at games. I can't remember if I saw that on ESPN college game day or nfl network, but they had a segment on it one time.

13. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting watching the arrivals being reported - all the players seem to be head down, team focused, let’s get to business.

Talent loss aside, I wonder if the departures this year could end up providing a big chip on the collective shoulder that translates well on the field.

Having said that, not sure Juju has arrived yet, so he may make a more entertaining entrance...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    As long as JuJu doesn't show up in a fur coat with pink hair.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Eli with the grand entrance :facepalm:

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Oh boy.

I would imagine Mike Tomlin is not happy. Granted, he did not pull a Jalen Ramsey. Still though, a bit counter productive.

18. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    A backup WR on the verge of being cut? Looks like it’s Switzer’s job to lose

• Like Like x 1
  19. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    It was nice to have a quiet off-season for once-but as Hayden put it, there's nothing to talk about when you miss the playoffs.

A slick way to duck the real question of "How nice was it to have a quiet off-season because Bell and Brown are gone"? and focus on this year's team.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Apparently Juju snuck in the door when people weren't watching and went right to work. Guys from the Athletic making a lot out of it since Mr. Sweaty nutsack (AB) was always the last to report, did so with all the pomp and pageantry he always did and forced the writing staff to wait on him. They said it was the perfect Juju entrance.

• Like Like x 3
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It seems like I remember Eli or another player using the same entrance a couple seasons ago. Hard hat and work boots ect, maybe not the rig though.

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This kid just continues to impress me. When double teamed I hope he proves the nay sayers wrong and just has a tremendous season.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    At this camp there should be plenty of competition for job's. I just hope everybody
    gets a fair evaluation. I am excited to see several players with my own eyes.

24. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Sweet, thanks for the heads up!

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    For being a sports writer.... it's amazing to me that Fowler doesn't know the difference between a DUMBBELL and a BARBELL :facepalm: