1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wow, so many new Steelers I am interested in seeing at Training Camp?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am really excited in seeing our new FA's and draft choices. May the best man win.
    There should be lot's of battles for roster positions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hope springs eternal in the heart of a Steeler fans’ breast.

- Some Jagoff

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    When I hit Latrobe my focus will be on Steve Nelson, he could be a big piece in restoring some D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Don't spook Boswell while you're there.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    He should be spooked enough, watching last years tapes all off season!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I may have to go two days just to see all I want to see Adeniyi,M. Allen.
    Mark Barron, US Gilbert,Dionta Johnson, Donta Moncrief, Devin Bush, Jerald Hawkins
    Steve Nelson. I really feel we have depth to compete. Barriing injuries I like our roster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Please do give us a recap of your observations and thoughts. :rolleyes: :hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Along with several months of no football.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Will do, I haven't figured out which day I am going. I have gone for years. Hope the day
    I am there I see lots of action. I still work a full time job and don't get much vacation.

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm retired now so I can say "Somebody has to work around here". lol

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Lots of young faces this year trying to make a few openings. We have a ton of LBers in camp. Who can separate themselves from the herd in a number of positions will be critcal. With our cap next year these faces could resurface and have to fill a role at some point in 2020. :cool:

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Would love to see Ola play with the first team D with Watt.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For the first time in a few years I am excited about training camp. Almost here!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I am working my way there, good lord willing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Going to training camp on August 3rd. They will be in pads by then which is way more entertaining. I, of course, am looking forward to seeing Devin Bush. It will be nice just to see the new additions and hear Tomlin's voice carry over the entire field lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think we are going to see our defense take it to the next level barring it stays healthy.

I think the camp battles to watch are.

Who emerges as the #2 and #3 WR

Who can step up the back up TE role. Gentry and Grimble or they will make a trade or sign a cut TE veteran once camps break if they don't look good.

The Dobbs and Rudolph battle for #2 QB

The kicking competition will be something to see, to see if Boswell bounces back to his old self.

Can Ola press Bud Dupree for playing time?

The RT job, will it be Fleir will it be Chuks?

There will be lots of story lines in Latrobe this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm interested in seeing how the DB depth pans out. Some new and some old faces involved there.

Kameron Kelly is a swiss army type of DB so I'd like to see where they eventually let him settle in at. I am hoping it is FS. Askew-Henry, Dangerfield, PJ Locke and Marcus Allen at S or dimebacker.

Cam Sutton, J. Layne, Brian Allen, Alexander Myres, Herb Waters and Burns at CB. They paid top dollar for Myres as a UDFA so lets see what he's got.

I'd really like to see Kelly impress at FS so we have a viable option there if Davis goes down. I also hope Cam Sutton takes a big leap this year as the outside/slot depth. I had high hopes for him when he was drafted.

19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    This should be a very competitive camp. May the best man win.

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How can butler screw it up? Even with the added talent, will it change?:cool:

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am hopeful that Teryl Austin provides Butler some help. They did bring in that former NYG LB coach during cheatriots week to help with the game plan. So maybe they are starting to see some weaknesses in Butler.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I was hopeful with the adding of Austin as well then Tomlin started talking with Fowler and spewing the same garbage he always does, not going to change what they do based on this or that player yadda yadda yadda. Then my hope went and hid under the stairs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hear you and I don't agree with that philosophy either. So if they give Butler the boot, they will just bring in a "yes" man for Tomlin and/or Tomlin will have more control over the D. Then what's the difference if its Butler as DC or some other schmuck.

MT's talk about not changing might just be stubbornness on not admitting they are going to game plan for one player. Hopefully in actuality, they will alter the game plan for explosive players like Mahomes, etc. MT may just not want to admit it publicly. The results in the past seem to show they don't change much, and I hope Austin worms his way into someone's ear that yes, its OK to try to take away one player or an opponents strength. They do install a new game plan every week, I'm sure they try to take away those strengths so maybe Austin can step that up a few notches.