1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers do not crack top 10 in level of talent

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jun 25, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Kind of nuts that Tom Brady is facing Devin Bush Jr 18 years after he faced his father with the browns. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Crazy how I've hated Tom Brady's face for all 18 of those years and still counting.. But that is pretty wild

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

..... Well.....

.....HeinzMustard amplifying this case in

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good. Even Pouncey admitted that the team sometimes lets the hype go to their head.

Let them play with a chip on their shoulder all year.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe they will realize they are not entitled with a playoff spot & decide to earn it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have a better defense now and we beat or should have beat quite a few of those teams without that last year. Now we can neek up on them with a better d. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I read that article yesterday and laughed. I have no idea how good this Steeler team will be, yet there is something very subtle being built between the vets and the younger guys, a hunger and feeding off each other. Should be a fun year to watch Steeler football.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Let the media write us off. All those seasons predicting a Championship with such great killer B talent resulted in a big fat goose egg. Maybe this TEAM just needs a few less superstars anyways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like our roster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    How can you make that statement??? We now have a better defense based on what? Devin Bush and Justin Layne are rookies, Nelson will probably help at CB but Haden is another year older and Barron wasn't great with the Rams. So besides those additions what other evidence do you have to declare the defense better? My guess is it is just wishful thinking but I caution you from having that frame of mind, remember the Eagles "dream team" that ended up 4-12 but were the odds on favorite to win the SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If course it is wishful thinking being as the season hasn't started, but not having Vince Williams covering the other teams number one wr is a huge indicator. Edmonds in year two. Hilton healthier. As you said Nelson being added and speed at the LB position already upgrade the defense. Added coaching to the secondary and one of them in year two also upgrades the secondary. We also added a pretty good rookie at DE which should help give our starters more of a break. That's all I got.:cool:

13. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Having the OLB and safeties stay in the same positions as last year helps too. For players in their first contracts, stability and getting comfortable with the on-field teammates is harder to quantify than 40 run times, but it makes a difference. (The most talented individual OL usually need a year or two working together for the whole unit to be effective.)

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers roster is lacking compared to several teams in the AFC. I've learned to lower my expectations since loss to Patriots in AFC championship after '16 season. Popcorn is an empty suit and Steelers are now like the Cowboys teams of the 00's with Romo... just pure hype until proven otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That list is one man`s opinion. You know what they say about opinions.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Isn't it part of the coaches job to drill that into entitled heads

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Maybe when they don't hear their name mentioned in pre-season as a favorite they will play better.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If we had Brady and NE had Ben, those top two numbers would be reversed. And if pigs had wings, we’d eat them.

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

... But SteelersRule6..

Beating New England is not everything that matters to Steelers fans. It is the ONLY thing that matters!!!! Consistency, stability and continuity be thrown out the window!!!

:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I see your point. After the Steelers beat the Patriots last year, all the complaints about the team stopped, and the fans are happy with the team now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    What is even more interesting is the amount of Superbowls each of those top 10 teams have in the last decade (excluding the Patriots). Thinking we should win the Superbowl every season is just unrealistic. I understand wanting to win each season because I certainly do, but if all you are doing is watching this team for a Superbowl win, I believe you are doing it all wrong (or maybe I am?). The highs and lows, watching certain players overachieve and underachieve, the surprises, thrill of victory and agony of defeat, near cardiac arrest, these are the reason to watch the Steelers! The Superbowl, is just icing on a cake that keeps me on the edge of my seat all season. Speaking of cake...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    just bc ab and bell are out..juju could turn out to be better than ab and I have a feeling he will. connor may not be bell but he will be up there..these guys just have to prove it that's all. steelers with ben and the oline make all the skill players around bloom well. a better d will balance out and take pressure off the offence. I'm hyped and cant wait..got my new juju jersey and put aclowns to the back of the closet.

24. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Please tell me how JUJU is gonna be better than the receiver that just put up the best 7 years the nfl has ever seen?

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    .... and I thought I was cynical. :rolleyes: