1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Season .vs the Browns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by releets, Jun 4, 2019.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    They are better than the Bungles now. We need to at least split with them and Ratbirds and sweep Bungles to go at least 4-2 in the division. Bungles have to be the new division whipping boy, LOL.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Maybe the St. Louis Blues too. At the present moment Blues up 3-2 over Brady town. I still think Bruins will win last 2 giving Brady town 3 of the 4 major sport championships. Sad **** for me:(

GO BLUES!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Let’s hope not lol F boston

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm going downtown St. Louis for the watch party tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not going to lie I like Baker Mayfield. He's got the winning mindset like Ben had coming out of college. You can't coach that competitive nature but either have it or not. I was entirely wrong about Baker coming out of college. I did call it out that his attitude was good for the Browns (which have had had a losing culture), but I did not think his skills would meet that required for the NFL. He showed last year he does have those skills.

Because of Baker Mayfield and potential change in losing culture in Cleveland (which I think was their biggest hurdle as a team), I think they will be a threat in contention to the division.

I also like the Kareem Hunt addition, as I've stated on here wishing the Steelers pursued him (understandably not due to other drama), but the kid can play ball and I believe his incident to be isolated.

The X factor for the Browns really sits with the coaching, which we all know along with ownership has let Browns fans downs for well over a decade now.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    haha awesome that the blues won

7. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Yes browns on paper have more talent on offense but we still have much better offensive line and everyone seems to forget that browns lost there 2nd 3rd and 4th best defensive players in off season... I still like our chances against them............. There gonna give up a ton of points this year.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I read that as the browns are a " brown paper bag" lol

9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Browns will eventually get it together at some point. This might be the year.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Too early imo. If the divas don't start running the Browns locker room, they will have a chance next year. Big if

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mayfield is already trying to play the veteran leader role when he is barely out of his training pants. That is causing drama with Duke Johnson wanting out, Landry saying its no big deal in between his trademarked catch phrase. OBJ hasn't even started his typical bs yet. They need to pull in the same direction before they can rise from mediocrity.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

* includes spy gate
    ** Jesse James caught that ball

• Like Like x 3
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have seen quite a few talking heads like Pittsburgh to win the AFCN, they're not buying the Browns hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Too many egos at WR IMO. Watch these two and explode into drama despite the talent.

As for their talent at CB, that is a bit concerning as both Ward and I believe Williams will be good. I had Greedy as the top cover corner in the draft despite his piss poor combine. << not sure what happened there, but if people watch the tape he is fluid in his movements.

15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would not entirely say fluid for Greedy. Jerry Judy did a number on him via seven routes, posts and comebacks. Then again, not too many people can cover Jerry anyway. On that note, it seems that out routes and comebacks get Greedy a bit more than some are willing to let on.

In his defense though, his abilities covering slants, posts, go and curl routes are very solid by rookie standards. Not too many corners from his class have that level of skill. Now, if only he could tackle... that would make him far more dangerous.

16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Me neither. Unless the "Great Wall of Dallas" is protecting Baker, don't bet on it. Baker might have to begin checking down a bit more; a clash of his own philosophy being the direct result.

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And afraid to tackle. No thanks.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    9-7 will win the North this year. Hell... the Bengals could come out of nowhere, like they've done before, and take the crown. AFC North is pretty much a toss up... any of the 4 could win it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm having a hard time seeing A. Dalton carry the Bengals to winning the North. A.J. Green staying healthy is his only shot at it & Green is starting to miss significant time on the field. The division is the Steelers to lose imo. If they don't have a purpose this year, yeh they could easily lose the North to the Ravens. Browns still at least a year away.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Based on what specifically?!

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Steelers, Browns and Ravens will all take wins off each other and the Bengals will probably get a couple of Division wins too. It will be an interesting Division, 10-6 will probably do it

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think 10-6 wins the division.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'll take 8-8 as long as they make the playoffs. Just don't leave it in another teams hands.

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't see anyone running away with the division this year that's for sure. I would say we split with Cleveland and Baltimore and beat Cincy twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Steelers' consistent inconsistency. Ravens penchant for building a winning streak, while Steelers lose to bottom feeders. Bengals usually get an easier schedule than Steelers, no Patriots, etc. All of these are based on factual historical evidence.