1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready for normalcy after crazy few years

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    According to Ben.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ger-ready-for-normalcy-after-crazy-few-years/

Jeh just pointed out in another thread that the big take away from camp has been the togetherness they are projecting. Here's hoping for a drama free season.

Ben is still here though and he is the one player they can't get rid of. The rift may never be completely gone until his tenure is over. The "crazy" all involved people who were butting heads with Ben. Haley and AB for sure but given Bells comments about Ben, probably safe to say they had a frosty relationship too but it was just better hidden from the public.

Edmunds liking AB's two face post seems to indicate it may not be all peaches and cream in there but without AB, Bell and Haley, hopefully it's easier to control now.

Just win baby, winning cures all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I really do not believe Terrell wanted to stir the proverbial pot again. I believe that Terrell wanted to bookmark whatever A.B. tweeted at the time. Given how unusual Twitter is with mobile bookmarking.

I do agree with the fact that winning will quickly subside the drama that is still hanging over them.

3. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    It's Ben i'm worried about in his abilities to connect with his recieving corps as to poise and accuracy not to mention mobility. Past few years his abilities have shown a decline missing his mark on several occasions which lead to unsatisfied campers loosing their shine and stats.

Just don't see Ben taking this team back to another SB with the uprising young guns behind center. Don't want peeps to confuse Ben's abilities with the gracefully aging Marcia B.

Management change = Normalcy

"Prove me wrong Ben , prove me wrong"

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I just like that the target is taken down from us. Let the Browns be the target.

Steelers generally have better season when they aren't favored it seems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You and me both, Ben.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. Hopefully the Steelers will be flying underneath the radar this year.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Gotta love the comments at the end of PFF articles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    They’re definitely flying under your radar. Heck, you don’t just have them under the radar, you have them 6’ under the grass before the season has even started.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    7-9

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    13-6
    Ben SB MVP

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    18-1

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The only way we can go 13-6 and win the SB is if we get a 1st round bye at 10-6. Not impossible, but really unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Oh I forgot the dreaded tie
    13-6-1

14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Normalcy? Little chest spotted.

15. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Can you imagine the beating the Browns will take if they don't have a winning record this year, and that isn't even mentioning the AFC North Champions they have already been crowned. On the flip side, how devastated would Brown's fans be if the Browns still stink? These are the thoughts that make people stare at me when I start laughing to myself for no apparent reason (this is what I tell me anyhow).

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Funny thing is when I first read the title of this thread, I was thinking presidential politics, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We still need stars to emerge but if they stay grounded when they do we will make this work. Every man do his job and play his role could lead us to the promise land. I see the browns struggling with this star power problem.:cool:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If the Browns miss the playoffs it will be a massive failure for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

I think the Browns already endangered their season when they fired Williams and made Kitchens HC.

Have no idea why they did that other than they are the Browns. Have already heard that the new OC and Kitchens are having problems and Kitchens assuming more of the OC duties.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    It was a crazy move, Williams was doing just fine and Kitchens was performing well as OC. Why rock the boat?

Browns have the best receiver group in the league but are they really that strong outside of that?

Mayfield looked good but his O-Line has some issues and he may hit that sophomore slump. A team with a good pass rush could cause him all sorts of issues.

They have a couple of good running backs but Hunt is suspended for half the season and Hyde is sulking. Chubb looked great towards the end of last year to be fair

Defence and in particular the secondary is unproven, they will give up points, questions at ILB as well unless they signed someone that I missed.

Their season was effectively over last year when they started playing well. Let’s see how they go in 2019 when the whole NFL is watching them in expectation.

Id be quietly confident that the Steelers can take the division if they can stay relatively injury free

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It is already showing. Even when the Browns do right, they somehow mess their fortunes up.

If Kitchens was a long time offensive coordinator then turned coach, I could understand the promotion. Even if he was a position coach on the Browns for an extended period of time, that also would be acceptable. Both scenarios can lead to a quality coach.

However, a first year Offensive Coordinator turned first year Head Coach?! That is quite the leap of faith. Why Gregg Williams was not retained I have not the foggiest.

Add the highly combustible, volatile amount of characters, Baker included and that only increases the amount of pressure. Cleveland's seasons is far more boom or bust than Pittsburgh's. Should they begin losing, seeing that locker room implode will not surprise me.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree and I'll never know why we didn't go after Gregg Williams for DC when we had a chance.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Bountygate. No way they'd bring him here especially after all the turmoil last season.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sometimes I just think funny thoughts.

- Arthur Bach

• Like Like x 1