1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Another reason for the Steelers to make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They will be a candidate for Hard Knocks if they don't. Teams that miss the playoffs two years in a row are eligible. The only thing that could keep them from being eligible is if they fire Tomlin after the season. Teams with new coaches aren't candidates for the show. Of course, if they do miss the playoffs two season in a row, I'll be rooting hard for that to happen.

Either way, no Steelers Hard Knocks for me :nono:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...s-antonio-brown-steelers/stories/201906160028

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What if Ben goes down this season? Should Tomlin be held accountable with Dobbs or Rudolph at the helm?
    I say yes we have enough talent to overcome that hurdle.
    Last year should have lit a fire under Tomlin. Maybe his worst year as a head coach.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Forget the Playoffs. I want a Superbowl!

Trophy or Bust is my motto this year.

Brady wins it all the time with no superstars. There's no reason this team can't do it with Ben leading the way. If I'm the ownership MT is on the hot seat straight away and Ben, barring injury, needs to find a way to get it done. That needs to be understood by every player going into the 1st game at Foxboro this season. It should be a mission to make a statement immediately. Everyone should have each others back in 2019.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you didn't watch Dobbs play against the Raiders last year :shrug:

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I too would love watching the Steelers on Hard Knocks. Just would hate the reason for it. I enjoyed the Browns on there.

I just wish the season would hurry up and get here because once again my beloved Pirates stink stank and stunk. I'm guessing by July most of Pittsburgh fans will be craving the NFL to start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Hard Knocks would not be as interesting without AB and Bell, even though Big Ben can still bring the drama.

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I missed a lot of games last year. I will have to pony up for Sunday ticket this year, NFL needs my dollars to pay these overpriced primadonnas.

• Like Like x 1