1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why does Edmunds seem like an afterthought?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

[​IMG]

Oh, and by the way, there are no ratings on Six post. You're a very confused individual. I do agree with the first part of his statement though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And they made sure they did enough to replace Shazier this year, when did Leonard become the next Ray Lewis :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No ratings on Six post? Care to try that again in a way that makes sense?

If you are referring to the post by steelersrule, I don't mean the little check mark thing. I mean you agreed in your response.

The only confusion is you having trouble keeping up with your own posts, which tends to happen when you aren't entirely honest.

(By the way, I can't see the picture, so I will try again later and see if it worthy of a response. I highly doubt it.)

Edit: Now I see the picture. You've got nothing, so you posted a lame gif. Yawn.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you know what a straw man argument is? It's when you make up a point and attribute it to someone else, then argue against it. No one said Leonard was the next Ray Lewis. Some of us know enough to realize that an All-Pro like Leonard is better than a guy who has shown only flashes of quality play like Edmunds. That isn't the same thing as comparing him to a Hall of Famer.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Forgot I have to hold your hand but you seemed to have worked it out, congratulations. Yes, the check mark, you know the rating system?

You’re still confused, my response clearly shows that I did not agree with the part you are desperately trying to pin on me. Notice the bold colorful type? That’s why I thought you must have been talking about a rating when you said I agreed with him.

I had to use a gif, you’ve enteted the realm of absurdity in your responses.

• Like Like x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was quoting the GM, no mention of or comparison to Ray Lewis. Although Leonard's rookie stats were a lot better than Ray's.;+)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m starting to the hear the foot stomping again, followed by the “your picking on me”.

Poor baby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You had to use a gif because you have no response for my argument. You lost and you know it.

There is no desperation about it. I simply made a comment on it as one among many. You agreed with his post. Now you want to walk it back and say you only agreed with part of his post. But fine, if you want to claim you didn't buy that part of the argument, I'll take your word for it despite all the times you've posted misleading things in this discussion.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You think Blast feels picked on? I don't see it, but you be you.

I certainly don't. Sure, he has posted some things about me that aren't true and he's made it personal a few times, but I've seen far worse on other message boards.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, Scribe, I don't have to walk things back because you don't understand them :lolol:

Oh you poor boy, you've really got your ass handed to you this debate. It's ok, happens to the best of us.

Lick your wounds and move on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This series has required a lot of popcorn.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I haven’t seen that much “ popcorn “ since our losses to Denver,LA and Oakland....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I know what Colbert said about replacing Shazier, I mentioned Ray Lewis because of all they hype Leonard is getting as a ILB in this thread.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Do you know what a lame I told you so, pounding your chest argument is? Because that's what you have been doing throughout this thread :shrug:. It's laughable that you're trying to take credit for knowing Leonard would be a All-Pro as a rookie, the Steelers have found a potential playmaking ILB in Bush, so get over it.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't have to walk things back, but you keep doing it. Seriously, don't you get tired of moving the goalposts so often?

Now you're trying to claim victory in an argument you lost. You really are determined to prove your dishonesty.

But you admitted the key factor. Leonard is better than Edmunds. That's the primary argument. The Steelers passed on an All-Pro for an inferior player.

You've lost this thing on every front. The only wounds are the ones you are carrying.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never once took credit for knowing Leonard would be an All-Pro as a rookie. In fact, I explicitly said I did not think that would happen. What I knew was that Edmunds was a bad pick and Leonard is one of the guys I thought were better options. That he turned out to be an All-Pro as a rookie is evidence that I was right. Please try to understand what other people are saying before you reply next time. Thank you.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Did you feel something above you? That was my joke sailing over your head.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pathetic

:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Leonard had a hype-worthy rookie season. His college game film was unreal, but I understand the Steelers reservations with him being from a smaller school and some of his measurables not being what they were looking for. Maybe they were interested and thought they could get him in the next round, we don't know.
    3 seasons from now he might be washed out of the league and Edmunds might be an All Pro, but last season, that wasn't the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.