1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Book Movies

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Da Stellars, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Anyone like Comic Book movies?

I was really into comics as a early teen

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    There are some that are well done and some that are campy but entertaining and every once in a while those that are just cringe worthy. Most of the time when it is an actor like Ben Affleck or Nick Cage where they were huge comic book fans growing up and want to bring those characters to life but are just the wrong choice to play the character and should be stopped at all costs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I actually liked Batflek, even though BVS is problematic...though I enjoyed extended cut.

Bruce Wayne is a playboy, and Batman has a dark/driven side, and I felt Afflek could pull off both well.

I wonder if we will ever get a new Ghostrider?

X-men are my favorite, sadly new movie is terrible.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Love them. I haven't seen a Marvel movie I didn't like (yet). DC comics...hit or miss (mostly miss).

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think Ghost Rider deserves a reboot. Nick Cage was pushing for a remake with an R rating IIRC.

X-men fan here as well. I haven't seen Dark Phoenix, and don't know if I will until it's on cable late at night.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Nancy and Sluggo and Archie and Jughead were the favorites in my household, but then I had 2 older Sisters. "Classic" Comic Books were also plentiful and probaly the closest I ever came to reading/understanding/enjoying classic books except for Cliff Note versions the night before mid-terms.

7. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw there are a couple of comic creators from the 'Burgh. They have a YouTube Channel where they review comics, which is pretty cool:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019