1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bucky Brooks:Steelers better off without Le'Veon, AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, May 24, 2019.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That was the 1st down play just and ugly attempt at RPO. The interception was the Bronco's NT dropping back instead of surging forward, he gets his hand up tips the ball and it's picked.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was a separate incident that occurred during a game. The incident I was referring to took place during practice when AB walked out during the last week of the season when they were prepping for Cincy.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't know man, this is what I'm referring to. It's 3rd down and ended the drive (and game) with a Denver pick in the EZ.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/pitvsden-shelby-harris-grabs-game-sealing-int

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That play is ingrained in my memory, mainly because it was the beginning of the end of the 2018 season.

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's a red zone chance where I'd like to them have a jumbo set that has the back following a fb or over the top like Fournette did to them time and time again.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure he even cares about winning any more as long as he's getting his money and his targets.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Steelers create the skilled players..bigben and the oline to work with plus traning camp to gel up the bunch and they cruisen. a new looking D and run game.
    I'm stoked.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

I have been wondering what people are smoking to say the Steelers are better off without Antonio Brown. Perhaps this video offers the answer.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I agree, but Gunslinger wanted to throw it to Juju 4 times in a row, and he's been given the green light (according to the GM).:unsure:

11. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    But that is not the right comparison.
    The Steelers will definitely be weaker than if they had a pre-Bengals-Game Antonio Brown (some version of the 2016-2017 player).

But they were never going to get that player back. They were going to be stuck with the post-Bengals-SitOut Brown, someone who was going to be a crazy pain-in-the-ass if he was forced to stay in Pittsburgh. The Steelers are better off without that player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Is that a Labradoodle in your AV?

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree but yet if that's what you, I, many others blah blah blah think going forward then why machine gun the idea that he should've been kept here? I TOTALLY understand the precedent it sets the way things went down coupled with how things may play out moving forward and it unnerves me personally after Blount Harrison and now AB (Bell is whatever honestly as I believe he bought his hype and checked out... Take the money and run I suppose).

Why keep a guy that appears exactly as you detailed above? Statistically he would still get his IF he played along presuming he was reduced and bluff called but he already showed the signs that he was gonna show his ass in some fashion at some point in time. Really a NO win scenario that reduces folks to think that maybe addition by subtraction could work as it has in sports a handful of times but there are some growing pains etc moving forward. I hope it's a good move. I already know what to expect say things stay the same. Just my opinion and it's sad that it all came to this but if nothing else, it's a change and it's refreshing and it's nice to remove the stigma of a ding bat that makes one helluva poster or eventual canton bust but really just sold tickets and jerseys and didn't add to the home field trophy case.

14. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Well either jumbo package and slam it in or juju 4x theoretically had a better shot than what happened so there is that hahahahaha

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You keep him for the same reason teams wanted Barry Bonds when he was playing. Bonds wasn't driven by team success. He was notorious for not helping teammates. He was driven by the desire to be the best at what he did. I believe the same is true of Brown. Hell, that's part of why these guys want the money. It's about status, not just what they can buy with it. Brown is driven by recognition and there are plenty of other players who have the same type of motivation. Why cares why they succeed as long as they do succeed?

To be clear, I don't think Brown ever cared about the team as much as he cared about his own money and accomplishments. That motivation was enough to make him a hell of a player for the Steelers for a long time.

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That play was just a horrible play by Ben. If the NT had not intercepted it, the corner would have.

Ben then tried to absolve himself of responsibility by saying AB ran a bad route. Maybe he did, but that doesn't mean you throw it to him. IMO, Ben needed to take full responsibility for that play which he didn't do and still hasn't, although at this point it doesn't matter. The damage has been done.

Now AB's a hypersensitive diva who didn't need to react the way he did either.

Passive aggressive QB who blames his receiver for a really bad pass + a easily butthurt mentally unstable receiver = bad things

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    At what point do the distractions become to much from a guy who no longer wants to be there? I don’t need to see another wide receiver lifting weights shirtless in his driveway.

The last two years have been exactly like the worst reality tv out there. It was time to get back to a team first mentality and keeping players who don’t want to be there doesn’t help.

19. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Steelers better off without Bell and Brown?

6cFcUiCG5eONW.gif

20. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Goldendoodle

• Like Like x 1
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Neat dogs.
    One of the nicest dogs I've ever known was a doodle, Mr. Bebee.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don’t mean this rudely. I love dogs.

But, I saw one walking out while I walked into my vet. I asked the vet what it was and he told me. I said, oh, a mutt. Vet yelled at me”don’t say that, people pay a lot of money for them”.

Me, I have a bunch of stray mutts.

:drinks:

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m guessing Mr Bebee was named by a young person?

Go Steelers

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If you want to talk about the last two years, that's on Tomlin, not Brown. Did anybody here care about any of the other stuff with Brown until Week 17 of last season?

Remember, the alternative is caving to Brown's every whim, thus demonstrating that the Steelers' front office will reward tantrums. Hell, Colbert has three children and two grandchildren. He should have learned not to reward tantrums when his children were toddlers.

Letting players who are locked up long term but want more money force their way out of town by doing the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears, crying and stomping their feet is not a good way to run a franchise.

25. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Again I whole heartedly agree about the precedent set moving forward. I personally soured on AB with his diva crap and tantrums on/off the field deform his week 17 melt down. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's a stud for sure but I personally prefer a team guy not a me guy and recognize more athletes are trending to the narcissistic side so it's not going to end any time soon for any sport.

It's a catch 22 moment for sure I just don't know how you keep him around after all the BS. He no doubt was going to be a bigger pain moving forward and keeping a jerk off around sets a whole other negative precedent as well. Tomlin could have intervened better if he ever to attempted to at all. He's not absolved of his mis handling nor are any of the other folks in the front office but if AB truly is the character he's become it wouldn't matter anyhow.