1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Devin Bush Jr. on the Fast Track For Success?! NFL.com Says Yes.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, May 16, 2019.

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello fellow brothers and sisters! AskQuestionsLater here with an interesting article from Dan Parr of NFL.com. His latest article consists of the Top 25 Rookies who are in the best positions to succeed. Devin Bush comes in at number two; Ed Oliver succeeding him. Some might call that too optimisitc but I do understand where the optimism is coming from.

The logic does make sense given the fact that, since Ryan Shazier, Pittsburgh's defense has not been the same. Now, given the fact that Devin Bush Jr. does exude some of that explosive playmaking capabilities, one can begin to understand why the optimism is so high. Nevermind his athleticism, his leadership is also a greatly added bonus. Recall back to when Ryan Shazier was calling the shots in Rookie Minicamp. Fast forward to 2019 and Bush Jr. is doing the same thing.

Too early?! Of course and no doubt. It is only the proverbial football in shorts. A lot can happen between now and the start of Training Camp. That being said though, for me, their is little reason to assume that, if healthy, Devin Bush Jr. cannot have a similar impact just as Shazier did.

Ultimately though, what are your thoughts on Devin Bush's position?! Is he really in that great a spot?! Are there too many other circumstances that minimize his overall capabilities?! How impactful do you think he can be?!

Once again though and, before we go, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Until next time everyone, take care and I will see you soon! :)

Go Steelers!!! :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Stay healthy, learn, and adapt.

A bonus would be sacking TB12 the first game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think he will be a stud...

In the bedroom

75ECC0A2-6786-474F-83F2-5B249D1651E9.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who knows what he'll be?. Certainly not the talking heads who are wrong on just about everything. Lets hope we did our homework on him as we've had some questionable #1 picks in the past several years. If he lives up to the hype thats fine by me and wish him good health.
    And our defense wasn't that good when Shazier was on the field. Our defense couldn't close games before and after he was injured.

5. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    That was an interesting article and not a bad read. I agree with a lot of what was written. Of course you never know, but it is fun to speculate. Montgomery from Iowa State should be the real deal. I'm not a big State fan, but I did enjoy watching him. As for Bush, I voted yes but wasn't entirely sure what I was voting for. I guess I interpret it as meaning he should have plenty of shots this year to prove himself. Thanks for sharing this AQL!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think Bush will be at his best in Nickel and Dime, and the NFL is now a sub package league, so.... yes.

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not a fan and yeah I voted no but man I hope I am wrong. We need help at ILB and we invested so much now into him I want to see him do well, I just don't see what everyone else does. IMO so many are in love with his speed and not his production. I have no problem admitting I was wrong so let's see what this guy can do and lets hope he gets coached up and turns his ability into stud material. :herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Kid already took a leadership role in the rookie minicamp. Great start.This position sorely underperformed last season. I can see him being an immediate starter and a 3 down player.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We shall see, I have my doubts. This from the same staff that thinks Vince is a starter. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Shazier proved it.... above average ILB and wish he was still playing. Bush has to earn it. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    imagine shazier and bush side by side?

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's only a dream. Would love to see Shazier play again... but even if he does, probably won't be as fast and disruptive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I said it then and will say it now, he is not going to play again in the NFL. If he does it will be a PR stunt and will not do well. At BEST he lost a fraction of his quickness and reaction time, and in the NFL it's game over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    With his speed I expect Bush to get 6-8 sacks in 2019, the Steelers like to run that cross dog blitz, something him and VW could excel at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bush fills a MAJOR hole in our defense. No where to go but up imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I would agree had I not seen so much of him over the last couple years. Besides being a Hawkeye fan, I am also a closet Notre Dame fan, and I hate Michigan, so I saw my fair share of him. I played football and I ran track. There is a difference between straight-line speed and football field speed (some of it has to do with between the ears too-i.e. reaction time). Bush's football field speed is what really impresses me the most. He just has "it". Will that translate to the NFL, more specifically and this is the part that worries me - does it translate to the Steelers? Million dollar question! Not often do I come out and pimp a draftee and I could be wrong, but I am pimping him. The last time I went that far out on a limb was for Bell because there were a number of people who didn't like that pick. Looking back, who was right and who was wrong with the Bell pick in the end? That is thought-provoking!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No need, It's good to come out. GO IRISH!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think Bush will be fine in pass defense and in blitzing, but its his run defense that leaves me worried. Will he be out there for all 3 downs, of course, Pittsburgh left themselves with no alternative. I'm the Bush skeptic so he'll have to prove me wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    devins list.jpg

This should be the way for Devin to get on the fast track :lolol: Make a list like Arya...

• Like Like x 2
  20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I got to thinking today after watching the Watt ultimate highlight on the Steelers twitter feed whether Bush will get a lot of preseason snaps. Tj got a lot of heavy lifting his rookie year in the preseason sometimes playing almost 3 quarters. So could they work something similar just to see how the rookie handles it?

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he will have to thorn. If they expect him to start and call the defense he will need as much exposure to it as we can give him. :cool:

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lot of hype for devin I just hope he's not the next Jarvis Dupree.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017