1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PFF Reviews Steelers Draft

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 6, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Since 2010 IMO

2010 fantastic, 2011 good, 2012 good, 2013 barf :D 2014 good, 15 bad, 16 bad, 17 really good, 18 so far meh

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Ah, I see what you did there...a play on the word "kuechly". Bravo, sir, bravo! Now, if I knew what that meant, I might be insulted! :hmm:

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Everybody is eating it up and not asking why? It's like when the Bengals kept Lewis around for years when they shouldn't have we liked it. 17 draft produced 3 pro bowlers at crucial positions, solid back up QB, and serviceable DB and these "experts" said it was average but this draft is the home run!? Also, majority base their whole grade around the Steelers doing the unthinkable and something they didn't expect in moving up and not looking at the whole draft.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :facepalm:

The delusional optimism some people bring to these discussions never ceases to amuse me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The pessimism some people bring to this board never ceases to amaze me :shrug:.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I expect the top 4 draft picks to be solid contributors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't see how suggesting that Sutton Smith most likely won't be an elite inside linebacker qualifies as pessimistic.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It usually doesn't work out that way. 3 out 4 would be outstanding. 2 out of 4 is likely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I responded to your post, but I wasn't accusing you of being pessimistic, just some fans in general.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Layne might not get much playing time early on unless there's a injury.

11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Why is it delusional, because you say so? The credit some people give themselves for their superior knowledge and self-importance in these discussion never ceases to amuse me. Fortunately for you and me, we can both still be amazed by people on here. :thumbs_up:

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    And I don't see how calling someone's optimism for HOPING he might be elite is delusional. If I said I knew he was going to be an elite lb, I could see you making a case for delusion. Hoping is completely different. You know, like I hope people on a message board can feel important without attempting to belittle others, but it would be delusional for me to think it could happen.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You're projecting a late draft pick who is going to have to shift positions because he lacks the physical tools to stay at defensive end to be an All-Pro. Delusional is absolutely a good word for it. Did you even use the word hope in your post?

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Now I'm projecting? So, I guess anyone who disagrees with your o-p-i-n-i-o-n is delusional? Well, let me try to clear things up. I never said he lacked the skills to be an end. You seem to believe that, I don't necessarily. What I do think is he looks the part of a LB. As for being All-Pro or elite, I don't have any expectations. I only hope that he is, and I don't care at what position as long as it helps the team. Maybe I didn't use the word hope, but did that make you feel the need to say something so snarky?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Just curious as to how this would be offensive? I would like to know. Accident?! :hmm:

16. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think, correctly I feel, that they think those are wasted picks. I'd throw Smith into that group as well.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably aiming for the very optimistic button.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You compared him to Luke Kuechly. That isn't setting an expectation? You're funny.

He does lack the skills to be an NFL defensive end. He is too small.

You've got a sixth-round talent who is projecting to another position in the NFL and you are talking about him playing on the same level as an All-Pro. If you don't like reading snark, don't post things that are worthy of it.

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry, I left you hanging all weekend thinking this was an important issue to me...its not.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry you are under the delusion that I think about you at all aside from the brief moment when I respond to some ridiculous thing you posted.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I really hadn't given it that much thought. :hmm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So you post without thinking? That certainly explains a lot.

23. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Fortunately, attempting to carry on a conversation with you isn't very mentally taxing. I will admit, I knew immediately that your high opinion of yourself wouldn't take well me pointing out how unnecessary it was to be insultive, but I did so anyways. For that I should apologize (I'm not going to but I should). Funny, in the end you were right, I am delusional...for a fleeting moment I thought you might realize you don't have to act like an ass hat to show your disagreement, and you might realize that people can have a different opinion than you. Thinking that was delusionally optimistic, I am now reformed. Good news though, admitting it has freed me from this discussion.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You made an ass of yourself with a foolish statement and you can't handle having it pointed out, so you attack me. Then you do a weak job of it. Given the slight improvement in your writing style above, it must have taken you hours to write. It is clear that you are taxing yourself mentally and still not getting the job done. How does it feel to put in so much effort and yet fail so completely?

The bottom line is you suggested that an undersized college defensive end taken in the sixth round who will likely be forced to move to inside linebacker due to his physical limitations will somehow develop into a player like Luke Kuechly, one of the best in the game. It was a silly comment. You could have simply admitted as much and moved on, but you had to be you and make this a thing. If you're going to waste all our time with such efforts again, do a better job of it next time. Thank you and have a lovely day.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011