1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Diontae Johnson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :bscow:

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: You've got nothing.

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Translation we've beat it to death and you are full of crap.

And I never mentioned anything about AQL gif. You do know you can actually go and watch game film of him right? Shows you haven't put the work in.

We'll see who's right in the long run.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm pointing out the evidence that has been presented here. You claim there is all this evidence of Johnson beating press coverage. The only evidence I've seen on this board is that one gif that AQL posted, as if one play was enough to prove something. That is your claim to support, not mine. I've seen video and read scouting reports that oppose your point, that he is too easy to neutralize by corners who get their hands on him. You haven't supported your point, so you make silly comments and post little animations of cows crapping on the thread. We beat it to death because you keep posting things without support. You see something through your fanboy glasses. I see reality, which is that it is possible Johnson becomes a good NFL receiver, it is silly to project him as anything close to Antonio Brown at this point.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  8. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Post links to those reports and videos.
    It is easy to take shots at other people's evidence, when you still haven't presented yours.

I'm curious how many of the same comments were applied to Brown when he was coming out of college.

"Needs to get stronger to deal with press corners" was definitely made about Brown.
    I would guess that any college WR under 6' and 190 lbs. automatically gets that same comment.

(Maybe others feel differently, but I think other people are saying that Johnson's ceiling is Brown, not that they project it. And it feels like you are arguing that he has a lower ceiling, because of the draft criticisms.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not the one saying he is comparable to Antonio Brown. I'm not the one trying to say the reports that he can't beat press coverage are bogus. Even Blast never bothered to refute that that criticism of his game is out there. I don't think he's even arguing the point about Johnson needing to get much stronger. Even your own post acknowledges that the criticism has been out there. You simply chose to make up a rationalization for it, one which you can't back up.

You and Blast both acknowledged my point, that scouting reports cite a lack of strength and trouble with press coverage. Of course, I'm not going to waste time supporting a point you already granted. You, on the other hand, just added another point based upon a guess that you can't back up. You said the scouts just made something up based on his size. Prove it.

Johnson's production was inconsistent in college despite facing lesser competition. His drop rate was fairly high. His measurables are nothing special. There are plenty of reasons to question his ceiling.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :beathorse:

Just because I know how much you love emoticons :icon mrgreen:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Tell it to MeanJoeBlue. I was simply responding to his post.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That doesn’t even make sense, I quoted your response to me :lolol:

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your posts offer so little information that it's all kind of running together. :)

In all seriousness, your graphic makes even less sense. You posted something and I responded to it. If you don't want to keep beating the horse, why are you still doing it?

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You really do live for these pissing contests don’t you :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    There are idiots out there.
    Saying the criticism exists is not the same as saying the criticism is valid.

That's why you need to post some of these links you keep talking about.
    You haven't provided any evidence that it is a real weakness of his game.
    It might be that the critics you are looking at made the same criticism to every college WR under 6' and 190 lbs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I offered the information. Nobody is disputing that it exists and nobody has proven it wrong. The sum total of evidence provided that Johnson has no problem with press coverage that was posted on this thread is ONE gif posted by AQL.

Your claim that they are just making assumptions based on his size cannot be proven right or wrong. What are you going to do? Read their minds?

Blast and AQL, the prime defenders of Johnson, both admit he needs to get stronger. Neither disputes that a knock on Johnson is getting stumped by press coverage. Neither has proven that knock to be wrong, and neither have you.

17. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    False.
    You keep repeating that you've read something, but haven't let other people know what you are reading.
    Hard to prove an anecdote wrong.

Why is it so difficult for you to simply put in links to the articles, talking about his drop rate or problems with press coverage? That will let others judge the validity of those arguments.

18. MeanJoeBlue

Jan 2, 2013
    No for the mind reading.

But I can check what they use to back up their assertion about Johnson.
    And I can check which other players are criticized by the same writer. If there is a common denominator (like their size), then it can be proven.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1