1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 2019 Draft Talk Thread - NO SPOILERS

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelCity_NB, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I heard he just dropped in at the Colts but have no idea if there is any truth to that.

However, he did bad mouth the offer he got from Arizona? Think it was Arizona. Said their offer was disrespectful.

No thanks, don't need anymore players like that here.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well I agree with what you are saying however the one thing I have learned over these last few months is don't always believe the media. I don't know for sure what kind of player he is but this is a business to these guys and a sport to us so we all have different views how we look at things. Right now imo I would welcome him....

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Even after the whole Bell fiasco?

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    He only signed last year with AZ for 1.5M. He must've showed some maturity eating crow after the "disrespectful" comments to be able to talk to the team again and sign. He's played on two "prove it contracts" I believe and has played well. They had him in for a visit last year but signed Morgan so who knows?

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't know how it'll turn out for Boston, but if a team signs him to a multi-year deal even if its say a 2yr, 4.5M deal you will probably get a player who is committed to that team after having two low ball contracts.

Just for perspective, the Steelers are paying Xavier Grimble 2M a year and Boston was a starter.

I'd pay that for a FS to push Davis and add depth.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, only the Steelers can really answer that. Us fans are left in the dark mostly. If there is an attitude problem there, Steelers will steer clear.

One of the things I am looking forward to this season is they are putting together a team first mentality. I'm not down on Davis enough to throw that away for a problem player (if he is one).

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Absolutely, I don't want any disgruntled players either. Like you said the team first mentality is paramount and Burnett (I"m not used properly) and Bostic (I'm not a blitzer) leaving is not surprising.

Having no backup plan for Davis is a big hole (along with #2TE imo) that they should address somehow I hope. Maybe they think Sutton can be that guy but Hilton was the one going back there to FS more than anyone when they wanted to experiment I believe.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes especially after the Bell fiasco there was so much stuff out there that nobody knows if true or false. Social media and media in general tend to make mountains out of mole hills, jmo

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015

Tre Boston signs a 1 year deal for 3 million with the Carolina Panthers. Just an update...