1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 draft needs

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 27, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    RB
    TE
    OLB
    FS

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    S, OLB, TE, RB, OT, DT

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    They need to turn those 6 picks they have left into 4 by being agressive and targeting better players at those positions of need. We need quality not quantity
    I honestly can't believe we still don't have a FS behind Davis. I'd love to know the plan if and when he gets hurt:shrug:

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Heard this guys name mentioned a couple months ago over at BTSC and they mentioned him again as a late day pick for us. Didn't do much research into game film but just watched his highlights to get a sense.
    I realize the competition is weak but there are some things to like. He ran a 6.77 3 cone and I believe a 4.78 at 6'3 254 pounds ,not too bad. Just watching the highlights he looks like he may play a little upright but his COD skills are really apparent as his 3 cone suggests.

Im in favor of trading most of our 6s and 7 but if we stay put and we need a OLB why not ? I think they said we were 1 of 5 teams to at least send a scout.....

7. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Need a Polamalu and a pair of Miller's. For the remaining roster an old fashion whip and blinders is in order.

Need to get serious on a QB, their's nothing currently impressive in the stable, the elder is nearing his end.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Actually they could perhaps move up in he 4th with a 6th rounder, and it might be worth it if there is someone you really want. But at this point all the picks are only based on how you rate them. All have potential, all have flaws, a lot of these guys are interchangeable..that meaning you really do not know what you are getting until someone pops out in camp.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Assuming he is not still gone, Sheldrick Redwine is likely the next pick for us. A developmental player yes but he does have some upside. Pittsburgh likes their safeties to essentially have an "All SPARQ" rating with them. Carries the fourth best rating with a 129.6 score. I believe Teryl Austin met with him at the Miami Pro Day.

Even so though, still keep an eye on Deionte Thompson. Pittsburgh brought the house to Alabama's Pro Day. It was not simply just for Mack Wilson. I suspect other players caught Colbert and Tomlin's attention. Deionte might have been one of them.

If not the safeties, either Andrew Van Ginkel or Maxx Crosby as developmental pass rushers are worth a look. Crosby's age I cannot find though. That said, he looks like T.J. Watt on tape in some ways Andrew is a bit older than I would like but I have no complaints about his upside either. Wild cards are both Charles Omenihu and Christian Miller.

Tight ends?! Foster Moreau is the big prize here. Incredible he has not been selected yet. Alize Mack as well. Both of them have yet to be selected.

Among the positions I venture Pittsburgh attacks first overall?! Tight end. People might not like it but the need for one got a power surge after dealing away this year's second pick. Vance is no sure thing and Xaiver Grimble is not likely to get any better.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    they brought TE Alize Mack in for a visit, then these two safties are high on draft wires choices.

Safety

I don’t understand why Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Amani Hooker are still on the board but they are going to make some teams look very smart when they are drafted. For edge rusher how about

EDGE D’Andre Walker, Georgia

EDGE Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan:

Running back still on the board:

RB Dexter Williams, Notre Dame
    An interesting Day Three prospect, he’s a great value guy mainly because the position has been devalued – he’s a top 50-caliber offensive player with the talent to become a No. 1 rusher. He might not have blazing speed, but he’s a home run hitting back who knows how to hit the hole in a flash.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  11. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Love it so far.

Add: RB, NT, TE, S

Kiper's top 3 on the board are all Safties.

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's my day 3 list. Day 3 can be used to identify and fill needs but if you are passing on BPA then that is just a mistake.

S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
    S Deionte Thompson
    CB Julian Love
    CB Amani Oruwariye
    OLB Sutton Smith
    OLB Vosean Joseph
    OLB Maxx Crosby
    ILB Mack Wilson
    ILB TJ Edwards
    ILB David Long Jr
    NT Daylon Mack
    WR Hakeem Butler
    WR Kelvin Harmon
    WR Gary Jennings Jr
    WR David Sills
    RB Justice Hill
    RB Bryce Love
    RB Myles Gaskin
    RB Benny Snell
    RB Alex Barnes
    C Ross Piersbacher
    OG Nate Herbig
    OG Beau Benzschewal
    OT David Edwards
    TE Alize Mack
    TE Foster Moreau
    TE Caleb Wilson

And dare i say...

K Matt Gay
    K Cole Tracy

And

P Jake Bailey

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Chauncey MADE it that far?!?!

Nevermind!! Chauncey went to the Saints!! Darn it all!