1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SURPRISE SO FAR FIRST DAY?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Wardismvp, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mine has to be Raiders pick Clelin Ferrell. Not that I don't like him, hell I picked him
    for my Steeler pick. I just thought he went higher than I thought he would go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Steelers moving up for Bush.

Ferrell going 4.

Only 1 CB going in round 1.

The WRs who did go in round 1 vs those who didn't.

Tytus Howard going before Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner and Greg Little.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    1. Tytus Howard (who?)
    2. Ferrell at #4. He’s very good, but I don’t see that perennial pro bowler that you expect in a top 5 pick
    3. Falcons trading into the 1st for McGary

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Devin Bush to the steelers and losing the 2nd pick in a very good draft year. 54 pickpicks we now watch go by. We could have had 4 in the first 83 players. Bush doesn't have 100 solo tackles in 3 years. More assists than solo in his 3 years. Went from 95 total down to 66 as a junior. Just not seeing itit. Run fast panic pick.:cool:

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This place didn't burn down after we took Bush.....but wait NYSF is on vacation ....so there's still time;).
    Looking at the intangibles of character and leadership as well as his athletic ability and he's s starting to sway me from meh,to actually pretty satisfied with the move. If it had cost us our 3rd this year I might be singing a different tune. He's young and has all the tools. I think we can reasonably expect he's gonna get considerably better as well. Especially with NFL training and growing into and fine tuning his body.
    He's getting a lot more love from the media/scouts than he is around here:shrug:. Louis Riddick being his biggest fan but others as well.
    Well we complain when we don't move up,now we are complaining when we do. It will take some time to see if the deal was truly worth it. They identified their guy and made the move.If it pans out at least we won't be saying I wish they traded up for Bush. He's a Steeler now....welcome aboard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah, I’m in a similar place. I always really liked Bush, but I didn’t want to trade up to get him. I wasn’t even keen on taking him over a corner. However this AM I’m feeling pretty good about it now that the deal is done. He is a very good football player. Look at his 2017 game vs. Florida for some good examples of his instincts and burst to make game changing plays.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Florida stunk in 2017.:cool:

8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Daniel Jones at #6 was a shock to me. He would have been drafted after Rudolph was if this was last year.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Some aspects to cover. All are in order. They are as follows:

1.) Tytus Howard being the fourth lineman and third tackle off the board.

• Unless Jawaan Taylor's knee issues are truly serious, not buying it. Something is a miss here. Nevermind Taylor though, Greg Little even?!

2.) Clelin Ferrell goes top 5.

• Again, I know he will be good. Will he be a perennial All Pro?! Tough to say. I sure hope so for the soon to be Las Vegas Raiders.

3.) Only one cornerback taken in Round One.

• Hm?! DeAndre Baker is definitely someone I would have said is going into the first round. However, the other two of the "Big Three" in Byron Murphy and Greedy Williams did not. Something is not right here for Byron Murphy; Greedy the same although it would be more simple to see him slip into the second day.

4.) Marquis Brown is selected before N'Keal Harry.

• Again, in a vaccum, Marquis is definitely the more explosive player. That being said though, coming off of Lisfranc Injury is either hit or miss. Nevermind that, Baltimore would have been better off nabbing N'Keal as his ability to contest catches and move the chains is REALLY something Lamar Jackson should be working on as opposed to going "heave ho" just about every play with Brown.

There are more I could list, like Cody Ford MIA, Daniel Jones over Dwayne Haskins and others but these stick out to me the most.

10. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve seen a “news” report that Byron Murphy is going to be Arizona’s pick at #33. Unconfirmed of course.

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Best player on the board. Makes sense with P2 upset too.

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Driving for work I listened to sports radio. It was without exception the Steelers being lauded for this pick. Cannot remember the last time a Steeler pick got that much love. I keep hearing how deep this draft is, yet how many guys who were 'locks' in many mock drafts fell. This does not mean they are not good, but teams definitely have a different feel for them.

That said, the Steelers made a move that makes sense. If (a big if) Devin fills that role, like Troy he will definitely be worth those picks.

13. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Bush was universally liked by media and draft scouts everywhere... Except on this board. Myself included.

I'm going to put some faith in Colbert on this one. I also like that we only gave up 1 pick this year too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You got that right! :lolol:

I was flip flopping all mock draft season long on him. Now that he is here, I do like him. Shockingly enough to some though, I do not like him as much as Terrell Edmunds coming out.

Edmunds to me has star potential. Morgan Burnett did not do Edmunds, much less Pittsburgh any favors. He is a prime candidate to make the leap in year two.

15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    My biggest problem with Bush is a lack of playmaking ability, creating turnovers, splash plays.

I never thought he would be a bust. He's gonna be solid. Just not sure where that ceiling is going to be.

Essentially us trading up to get Bush @ 10 is like the Raiders taking Ferrell @ 4.

Gonna get a great player, but is it worth it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Gotta be Jones from Duke by the Giants...guarantee he’s available in the later rounds. Unless they seriously had inside info on another team actuLly planning to pick him up?

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I had Tytus Howard mocked to Houston in the 1st round contest, I didn't think it was much of a surprise.

Daniel Jones was a surprise for sure.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If he is not a perennial all pro multiple times we have paid a high price
    for a Lawernce Timmons type player.

Daniel Jones is a real head scratcher for me also at 6

• Agree Agree x 1