1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

With the #20 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Been awhile since I've been here, so howdy boys! Lots of Rock talk the last two days, and I think that is leaked info to mess with people. The Savage pick could happen, but I could see a couple of trades in the top 12 that really turn the draft upside down and cause a player or two to fall. There is little chance the FO gives up what it would take to move up high enough to get White, and I think the ransom to do so is a joke. Now, if Bush gets past 12-14 I could see them pushing up for him as the price to move up in the early teens is not as steep. with white and Bush off the board we could move back a few spots and probably snag a top tier DB as I think baker, Greedy, Ya Sin or Murphy, at least two of them, will be there after 20. Trading always is made easy by the fans, but trades up or down only happen if there are willing partners. So, IMO if Bush is not the pick, move back a few sports, snag another pick this year, take Greedy or Baker and move on

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I dunno, I know we have a lot of defensive needs..... but we haven't selected a #1 offensive player since 2008 (Mendy)..... I think it really depends on how the other teams draft and who the BPA is that falls to us. The FO never cease to amaze us, so I'm not sure if we get another head scratcher like Edmunds last year, offense, defense, kicker?

3. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I can almost gaurantee they are trading up to get an ILB. Everything else is window dressing.

Honestly I think they are looking at Devin White over Devin Bush even, but if Bush is the man available than they will go there.

I have a feeling ILB will fall as QBs and Defensive Lineman will be the focus in the top 10. If the Steelers can go up to 10 they should be able to get one or the other.

I do not see even Devin White selected in the top 5. There are just too many other big time players on defensive line, and I expect a couple need QB picks.

4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Artie Burns 2.0. I think they've learned their lesson to not fall in love with measurables alone.

I'd be down with a Greedy Williams pick at 20. I personally don't care that much about his lack of tackling ability. The team needs corners that can cover and he's one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm trying to figure out why this Rock stuff started? Or when exactly it started? Who was the first person to bring this up because I just saw Daniel Jeremiah has him mock to us in his last mock

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm still sticking with TJ Hockenson. If he's available, there's no way you can pass him up.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I strongly doubt he is available

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My Dark Horse pick... Christian Wilkins, DT Clemson.

9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Byron Murphy CB Washigton

What is your selection???

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    As long as there first name starts with D and ends with evin I'll be good with it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    If he isn't gone by pick #12, I will be amazed. If he is, I still wouldn't trade up to get him. I'm no draft expert, but I am a Hawkeye fan. I love Hockenson, but if it were my team, I would take Fant (at least at pick #20). He can do some athletic things that Hockenson can't.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I just can't get past wanting Bush. Not that I'm not interested in White, but there is no way he is falling far enough for us to make a run. Besides, I'm not terribly convinced White is that much better than Bush, however I admit I am a little biased between the two.

13. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I was just listening to the Stephen A Smith show and Conner Rodgers from Bleacher Report said the Steelers are taking Rock Ya Sin from Temple and they’ve had it in stone for awhile now. Rodgers said Ya Sin was thought to be taken 20-30 picks further down. We took Edmunds last year just like what their saying we’re going to do again this year. Hope this guy pans out better than Edmunds.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Clellan Ferrill falls right to us.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Considering that Edmunds panned out at a tie for third best first round rookie rating last year, finding someone better will be tough but great.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchd...st-round-picks-after-their-rookie-season/amp/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect they may be long gone before our pick.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Thats mine as well ..

18. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Move the eff up then.. They need speed at the line backer position.. I wanted them to get that Shaquille Griffin or whatever his name is last year because of the speed factor

19. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Somebody needs to be fired then

20. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Three ways we could go:

1. Trade up somewhere between 10-14 and select Bush from Michigan
    2. Stick with our pick and draft Murphy from Washington
    3. Trade up to 16-18 and pick up Fant

21. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Murphy gets my vote as well. He looks really good on tape.

I know they haven't had much luck at DB, but at least scouts aren't calling him raw like they did Edmunds and Burns.

Plus Murphy was one of the 30 pre-visits.

22. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Barring a trade up Steelers select Rock Ya-Sin

23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    There could be a couple of very good edge guys available at 20 if there is a run on QB’s early. If Ferrell or Burns are there at 20 it might be hard to leave them in the board. Bush might also be there depending.

If not take the best CB available, probably Byron Murphy. Rock Ya-Sin is an intriguing prospect but Murphy is a safer pick by all accounts. They simply cannot afford to miss with this pick.

24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would be happy with Murphy but I would also be satisfied with Greedy Williams. I know he doesn't like to tackle but he has elite coverage skills.
    It seems like we lose 2 or 3 games every year because the defense gives up a 3rd down and 28 or a fourth down and 25 when the game is on the line. If Greedy does nothing more than force an incompletion on those type of plays then he is well worth the #20 pick.

25. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    After being on this message board for nearly 7.5 years. I know one thing the vast majority will hate the Steelers 1st round selection. That is what usually happens.