1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ben's replacement on the team?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We will never find out, our back ups do not get enough practice/game time to find
    out. There should be a legitimate attempt by coaching staff to get these guys some playing time.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

I thought that was what the Oakland game was about

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have a point, our back up probably took no snaps that week in practice. Have to have some reps.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't know either but I'm loving the fact that Mason Rudolph is taking the bull by the horns and organizing some offseason activities for other players. Someone is gunning for that #2 and setting the groundwork for a future leadership role. Small steps but he's showing the willingness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You have to admire his willingness to improve his game. If he doesn't end up making it big ,it will most likely be because of his physical ability. He seems to have the right mental make up and mindset to be a " true leader" both on and off the field . Now my confidence in this coaching staff being young QB "friendly " is a whole nother story. Now I'm not sure he'll ever make it to Father status but I bet he'll make a pretty good Uncle :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    People are underestimating Rudolph. He was first round talent, I’m liking the determination he’s showing.

7. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Sorry I'm a little late to this post but my answer to "is Ben's replacement on the team?" is God I hope not! :lollmao:

If the replacement is in the team we're in trouble haha

8. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Rudolph has to unseat Dobbs as #2 and the longer Big Ben doesn't get an contract extension from the Steelers, the more interesting this becomes.

Of course as the #2 man your always one play away from playing, Ben has been a tough SOB and taken some licks, but he's never had a season ending injury.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Roethlisberger signed his last 2 extensions March 3 and March 13. So it is a little later now.

Rudolph will move into the #2 spot prior to the 4th preseason game.

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Is Ben's sucessor on the team? Possibly, if Ben hangs it up after 2yrs, Rudolph or Dobbs might well be vying for the starting job. If Ben hangs on 4yrs, those guys probably won't hang around.

Is Ben's replacement on the team? Almost certainly no. Ben's a HOFer, even if Rudolph becomes a very good starting QB, and that's by no means assured, he won't really replace Ben. It's hard to expect Rudolph to live up to that. And I don't think there's even a slight chance Dobbs does.