1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeper pick at CB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Mar 29, 2019.

1. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    JH92 was a sleeper at OLB....

too bad it was in his last year and during the LBer meetings.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but he slept off the field....;)

3. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They could of rolled him out there in his recliner and he still would of out produced DUD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think we are interested in corner, just not the 1st round guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rapp running a 4.7 yikes, that will probably drop his draft stock.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Here is a name for those who like to look people up Jeremy Peters, Liberty. I don't know nothing about this guy however when I was looking at things he was tied for 4th in the country with 16 pass defended. I can't find any tape or numbers on him but he is 5' 10" 191 lbs and ran a 4.58 40. He is not gonna get drafted but worth a FA look no? You want sleeper holy cow could this kid be one? Also Hamp Cheevers was tied for the lead in the country with 7 INT's we are looking for ball skills here are a couple. Thoughts?

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Small school CB they brought in for a visit, good hitter too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  9. Mcgee

Mcgee Active Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Wow, this kid reminds me of Mel Blount as far as size plus speed and seems athletic as hell. Very good tackler too. Wonder if we can steal him in the later rounds. Definitely worth a late pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers have three 5th round picks, so a guy like this you can take a chance on.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    3 6th round picks.:cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Party pooper:smiley1:. On the Denmark kid....don't we already have that guy in Brian Allen who can't seem to get on the field? :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Different year different coaches. Bradley was new last year and had his hands full with burns and new guys in a new system for himself with a new team. I think Allen may see more time since this should settle down a little in year two. Now he does have help this year and there will still be some new faces but get corners and safeties that have a year together under this system should stabilize it. I don't think any rookie will jump right in anywhere but depth this year.

Now I may be reading too much into this but I mentioned it before, davis is in his final year, he also switched to rosenhous as his new agent. I'm thinking they are a little mad at rosenhous about the dirty dealing with the AB trade stuff. Having a replacement in place if these dealings go south may be in the thinking with having someone new in place just in case. Getting a new one in place and some depth is needed anyway, but getting a year under this guys belt will go a long way.

Allen kept at corner and the new kid possibly moving to safety shouldn't have an effect on each other. Having a bigger corner and a bigger safety both on the field wouldn't be a bad thing. We also lost a gunner in DHB, allen was the other, so maybe this kid would fill that role.:cool:

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree that Davis's days may be numbered but projecting this kid as a FS,a position he may have never even played before is a little much. A true FS that can replace Davis should be among the picks in the first 4 rounds. We currently have no other FS on the roster and should be preparing accordingly. I agree he may be worth a flyer in the 6th but a lot depends on if we pick a CB earlier. It's actually a pretty crowded CB room and unless a late pick comes in and blows everyone's socks off I don't see anyone's roster spot in jeopardy. That being the case we are looking at a PS player. We don't need to be drafting 10 players and I would be doing all I could to package all these 6ths and our 7th to try and move up and get as many picks as possible in the first 5 rounds.
    There is room at the TE,RB,ILB, FS and even OLB and DL positions. Still important but to a lesser extent CB and WR. Just because I feel all our starters are in place. While we can certainly use upgrades and future considerations at those spots ,IMO it's not a pressing need. I feel a TE,RB,ILB,FS and DL almost anywhere they are picked ( within 5 rounds) have a pretty clear path to making the roster. The other positions may require at least a 1st to 4th round selection to have that same clear path. JMO.

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    edmunds has played FS and hilton has played FS so has dangerfield. its not like nobody on the roster has done it. though i agree with you i'd like to see one. that burnett role may be the one they are after though. savage or this kid could fill that role as less of the SS part of their game and more of the coverage part since we have barron now. :cool:

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and not one of them is good at it. I've played miniature golf a few times....doesn't make me Tiger Woods :shrug::hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would not be surprised if Bunting was our pick in Round 2. I still would want to see Darnell Savage Jr. I suspect though he is gone by the time Pittsburgh is on the clock.

4.36 Free Safeties with the production value that Savage Jr. has do not go on trees. For all I know, the likes of safety needy teams like Philadelphia have him slotted for Round One.

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I like Bunting, but I think second round is too high for him. Maybe take a chance on him with their later pick in the third round.

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Well those guys have played it in the SEC and the ACC so it's not exactly like tiger and minature golf.:lolol:

Tiger may suck at miniature golf too. That clown head is difficult. Seriously I do think we will be drafting one. I think all options are on the table this year.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I’m a Boston college fan. I can tell you right now that the team that gets Hamp Cheevers is getting an impact guy in coverage, but not as much of a run support guy. Hamp is an anticipator, a ballhawk

21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Perhaps so but his age, experience and athletic abilities are going to get him overdrafted as I see it. This story has been played out many times. Realistically speaking though, I do not think he would be the choice at Round 2 anyway.

It is between Savage Jr. and Trayvon Mullen. Those two are likely going to be in play unless the run on Wide Receivers have not been made yet.

22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Bunting is no sleeper..... he has caught the eye of multiple teams and may get snatched up in the 2nd...... if by some miracle he was available to us by 3a, then I think he's a no brainer regardless of who we get in the 1st and 2nd

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I still consider him a sleeper, he's from a small school, and he never gets mentioned with the other big name CB's.

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  25. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Same. HERE.

I had IMMENSE hopes for both Allen and Sutton. Sutton I still do. It is going to depend if Brian Allen has been moved to Free Safety though.