1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russel Wilson newest highest paid player 140 M 4 years

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Diamond, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  2. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    This will kill Seattle, QB contracts like this always do.

3. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Will see if Ben gets greedy now that the top QB contracts are paying 30 million plus a year, ala matt ryan, rodgers, stafford, goroppolo, cousins, and now wilson ?

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wouldn't break my heart. I like Wilson a lot. Can't stand the Seahawks!

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, the money is hard to fathom. What will Ben get? I hope the Steelers
    don't go overboard on any contract with #7.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unless he is willing to give the home team discount, the smart move for the organization is to franchise tag him after this season. If he's looking to be in the Wilson range it's a big risk due to injury or the possibility that his ability to perform falls of the cliff. Does make you wonder what the hold up on the extension is though?

7. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Ben is old, he knows he can’t get that money anymore. Look at what happened to Eli and how that killed the Giants.

This will be Ben’s last and I don’t see any other team willing to pay that much for Ben like we would.

8. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Ben should get the same contract drew brees signed at age 39, 2 years 50 mill, a fair contract for older players and leaves some meat on the bone to sign other players........

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Haven't the Steelers given Ben over $100 million? He needs to give them "I want rings not money discount."

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe if Ben would finish out his current contract, the Steelers would have paid him over 200 mill for his career. That is a lot of money for not too many Superbowls.

11. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Ben has made 187.2 million to date and the 20 plus million that he makes this year will put his earnings over 200 million $, it seems like it's time for him to take a team friendly discount but you never know what him and his agent think his extension is worth....

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's insane for his production. Early Back to back SB's with a young defensive core and a stub RB. Not much after that though. He's solid, but not highest paid player solid.

I'm starting to get the feeling that these organizations are banking on a lock-out year for the CBA re-negotiation with these contracts they're throwing out there.

13. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Every signing of a franchise quarterback for the foreseeable future is likely going to make them the highest paid player. QB play has always brought a premium but the rule changes over the last 5 years have made QB play even more valuable. Until they fundamentally change the rules to give defenses a fighting chance the teams with the best QB are going to rule the roost.